PCOS Weight Loss.

Tuesday 19th Feb - Had a horrible day simploy didnt eat enough and felt ill. Was meant go gym but fel horrid :~(

Bfast:

Omelette- free
ketchup - 1 syn
Fruit Salad and natural yogurt - free
Honey - 1 syn

Mid Morn - Porridge - milk HEA HEB

Lunch 4 ryvita 6 Syns
Cheese HEA

Hi Fi - 3 Syns

Dinner - disgusting made WW sausages, butternut mash and veg but was horrible threw it away

2 wholemeal toast - HEB
Egg
Bacon
Ketchup 1 syns

11 syns

Wed 20th Feb - after yesterdays horrible food day I sat down and worked all my meals out and felt much better, last night i felt like going to mcdonalds and eating 40,000 cheeseburgers. But i kept focusing on my 4 pound loss and it kept me going.

OMG I forgot to add i went ti the gym this morning at 6am!

35 mins of x trainer
3 x 10 reps of 30 kg deadlifts
3x 10 reps of 18 kg squats
3 x 10 reps of 18kg chest press
3 x 10 reps 18 kg chest flies
3 x 10 reps of 9 kg pullovers

Todays a better day!

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs
2 wholemeal toast HEB ketchup 1 syn

Fruit + Nat Yog + Honey - 1 syn

Hi Fi Bar - 3 syns

Jacket Potato - HEB
Tuna + Salad - Free
Light Salad Cream - 1 syn

Muller Light - Free

2 Ryita's 2 mild cheese light triangles - HEA + 3 Syns

Dinner

Beef Brisket + VEG - Free

Syns: 9 syns

Last edited:
Ive recently been diagnosed with PCOS I didn't know i was suppossed to cut carbs either. Infact i was doing the opposite going green and EE most days. Recently Ive had to switch to Red because Ive been so bloated. But I think im just not used to eating so heavily never been a big carb eater before.

Ive recently been diagnosed with PCOS I didn't know i was suppossed to cut carbs either. Infact i was doing the opposite going green and EE most days. Recently Ive had to switch to Red because Ive been so bloated. But I think im just not used to eating so heavily never been a big carb eater before.

I don't get bloated by my weight loss is def effected with green and ee days. I think even if my doc told me to cut carbs i wouldn't cut them completely.

Carbs just turn me to fat lol. Its very hard i feel tired more and crave sugar alot but I have spent 6 years researching PCOS after no medical help was given and low carbs is definatley the way forward as PCOS caused your body to be unable to break down sugar and it just turns into fat if not used as energy. Strength training is also good which i do 3 times per week.

I have also got some Vitex on the way and Saw Palmetto. See this link for excellent herbal remedies http://pcosinfo.com/herbal-remedies-and-pcos/

I get bad sugar cravings, i end up on binges sometimes, but when i reach binge i can't get out of it for a few days, but its always sugar i end up binging on, been the same way for as long as i can remember on that front. I did try cutting carbs completely at one stage and did just as badly weight loss wise as i do when i have a few carbs. If i did all green days i might as well just eat all the junk food in the hosue as it causes just as bad of a gain...but if i mix them about 40% green and ee days to 60% red days then i tend to lose best. I tried Vitex for a while, didn't work for me.

Just over 8 months. But then doctor wanted to put me on the mini pill (after being on the combined pill nearly year before but had to come off cos they made me depressive) so said i'd give it a go, they just caused bad headaches...at the moment i'm on nothing, considering trying liquorice.

regarding the cocktail sticks...I just use toothpicks and I get them from poundland or poundworld...they both do them...haven't tried making chicken kievs ever, but bet my hubby would love them!!! Think I might try them on the weekend. MMMMHHHHH

I'm on Hormones at the moment, my first batch and then I have to go for an ultrasound before my next batch of meds. I must admit i do feel a lot calmer! i used to have intense mood swings! my next batch of medication is Metformin which is suppossed to aid weightloss in some patients so I will wait and see :) As for SW 2 days of red has made my stomache so much flatter I think ill just alternate as I do love my green days and SW egg fried rice! :gimi:

Hey honeybee, i trtied metformin but had bad side effects :-( I am on dianette, I just recently had a break for 4 months and put on 2 stone! :-0 so back on it now.

Thursday 21st Feb.

Feeling okay today moods a bit low. But hopefully will perk up lol.

No gym today, having a rest as not been feeling very well latley!

Breakfast - Porridge + Skimmed milk HEA HEB

Jelly low sugar - 1/2 syn
Ryvits thins x 1 1.5 syns

Lunch - OMG Roast Dinner - Asda steam bag 3 syns ! whooo

Muller light - free

Fruit - free

Dinner - Beef, new pots and veg - HEB + Free

Last edited:
Never tired Metformin, doc said she'd have to refer me to a gynaecologist to go on it and she didnt want to refer me and i didn't particularly want to be referred, so she is trying everything else first...apart from i havent been back the docs in over 7 months. Fed up of them palming me off and a different mini pill, already tried 4 havent been able to put up with any, so i took it into my own hands and decided i am working on getting my BMI to under 30 then i'll go back cos i know she'll try me on a different combined pill then.

:( The doctors seem to be useless I was diagnosed in 2008 but moved back home and my dr wanted to re check it and sent me for another blood test and scan. It was confimed again that I had it. Then my period stopped in September and she asked me if I was pregnant when she had my ultra sound scan her hand ( i was like what>- you have a scan in your hand)!!! Then I asked her about weight loss and she said oh just get surgery!

I have given up now, I am just gonna try and sort it out myself

Better than me. I first went 5 years ago cos my periods had stopped, all she could say was "oh theres nothing we can really do unless you are trying for kids". Took me ages to go back again even though i'd still had no periods, went to a different doc and she sent me for blood tests, everything was normal, she then said "we'll send you for more tests, at best it is probably PCOS but at worse it could be uterine cancer", so they send me for scans and it came back showing pcos...then it was all the meds, first pill gave me periods but also made me severely depressed...then the mini pill, vitex, back to mini pill... its just a vicious circle, until i get my weight down enough to put me in overweight on BMI so they can try something else.

Having it in Dubai has been a bit of a nightmare, they asked me if I was pregnant too which was awful as if youre not married and are found out to be they can arrest you! Theres a really high amount affected over here because the eggs and chicken are pumped full of hormones to keep them from going off. I try my best to only eat organic chicken and eggs these days. Yep its tough getting the weight off no doubt! I missed the gym today but am off for a hot yoga session tomorrow I find that quite good for the mood swings! x

I took Dianette for 8 years, worked a treat but it can mess up your kidneys and stuff so you aren't supposed to stay on it more than a year....not that they bother to take you off it mind you, I took myself off it when I found out the risks. Why give you a drug that works so well if it's just a temporary fix that's not safe for long term use!? the PCOS isn't temporary. It's the usual NHS thing of get you out the surgery for now and see you again at some point in the future, they just want you gone.

The Dianette kept my weight off though as the moment I stopped taking it 2 of the 3.5 stone I'd fought hard to lose went back on :-( I'm now trying Metformin and that seems to be helping. I still have to diet harder than the average person to lose the weight, but I can at least lose it. Before going on it I had to diet hard just to STS weight. My skin is bad again though as the metformin only helps fix the weight gain side of PCOS and only if you have the insulin resistant form of PCOS. But if your PCOS makes you gain weight then chances are you do have that form of it. It made me sick for the first 2-3 weeks but since then I've been absolutely fine. If you do still struggle with the side effects ask for a slow release form of it. It's more expensive so they won't automatically give it to you!

I hate the way the NHS fob us off with the 'come back when you want kids' argument as years without periods is going to make our fertility even worse - treat it now before I want kids, idiots. Sorry, bit of a rant on your diary there but the NHS make me so angry the way they treat people with what they see as non-serious conditions. I have a diary if you want to see my ups and downs over the last couple years, it's not all ranty, promise ;-)

Back