Perhaps this is a great idea. =)

YAY WELCOME TO THE STATES1

Don't mind the bleeding yanks. ;) Come visit me if you get some time It would be a fun time. :) Sorry you aren't enjoying it; we have less culture than Europe combined with a bunch of gormless spanners.

Haha...i am enjoying myself :p I had a little bit of an URGH AMERICA IS RUBBISH this morning but by the end of the day i decided i am in love with the place lol.....relationships hey!

Youre in Atlanta right??? I am trying to work out the cash flow situation but if i have the money i will definately pop over. Otherwise i will just have to make another trip at some point....what a shame. :D

Taz xx

Oh yes - a right shame to have to take another overseas holiday. ;) Glad you're enjoying your time!

Haha yeah completely terrible. Fancy making myself take a holiday. Just been to LA for 2 days. It was an experience to say the least lol. I stayed in the dodgiest part of hollywood and ended up crashing at the tour guide house in Silverdale instead cos it was too scary to walk home on my own lol.
Off to college today to see my friends brother :) im so excited!!!!
American college :p
xx

How was it tazzi?

So I have come back, and not on the Cambrdige diet. At the moment, I'm just workout out a lot. My trainer's cooked up some kind of Herbalife diet and regular food mixture I'm starting soon because my weird body won't lose weight on its own.

I started regularly going to the gym about 2 months ago. I went 3 days a week for my appointment with the personal trainer. I struggled and totally hated the cardio part; I had to do treadmill at like the speed of 2.

My trainer is completely amazing though. We've become friends, and she made it worth going in for. Before long, things were getting easier, and I actually found myself *gasp* Looking Forward to going to the gym!!!!

Now, I still have my appontment 3 days a week, but at a mroe difficult level, and I can do the elliptical for a long time, with the bending like I'm sitting that kills my legs while on it, and backwards and stuff. And my cool down is doing the treadmill at an incline at 3. I'm really happy about that. I'm also going to the gym on days I'm not training because I have a worse day when I don't make it in, and miss it.

I also recently started kickboxing. Right now, it is kickboxing my butt, but today the gym owner said the instructor raved to her about how I killed his class. I said, "Are you kidding me?? I barely made it! He killed!!" She informed me that most people quit less than halfway through their first class and never come back, and those who do take a couple weeks before they can get through the entire class. So... now I feel much, much better about myself because I made it al the way thorugh on my first ever class and went back for more!

This is now going to be kept as a fitness journal, and feel free to drop in and say hey. ;)

So, my first set of results is... after a month and a half at the gym...

Down about 10 lbs.
Thighs: Down 1/2 an inch
Hips: Down 2 1/4 inches.
Abs: Down 1 3/4 inches.
Chest: Down 1 inch.
Biceps: Same size, but fat converted to muscle.

Why is your mood set to sad?

PS Nice to see you back:D

Oops!!! I forgot to change my mood! Hahahaha!!!

I'm back... After going off for a while, then gong on this diet and exercise regimen prescribed by 3 separate dieticians and a couple personal trainers... Which worked for a while and then I stopped losing. All that work work work work busting my butt at the gym 5:30 am every day, eating the right things at the right time and I couldn't drop more than 25 lbs before my awful metabolism stalled to a stop again.

Through this process, I've figured out that I -can't- diet the same way. Even on the guaranteed to work Cambridge diet, I stopped losing the way I was supposed to be losing... My metabolism, it turns out, needs to be kept guessing.

So I have to lose weight, but this time I'm resolved not to stress. It seems like my kiss of death is stressing out so much that I retain all the weight anyways, becasue I'm killing myself either feeling totally deprived in a house where everyone else eats junk or completely guilty over slipping up and caving.

No more. I've lost 25 lbs in one month by doing what my body tells me to.... I eat healthy. Most of my lunches are either spinach, tomato, onion, and a tiny bit of chicken in a salad OR are fat free cottage cheese with fresh fruit. My dinners are fluctuating depending on the day, but generally I try to keep them healthy. I let myself have small portions of dessert once or twice a week in social situations and don't kill myself for it. I lead a healthy lifestyle and go for runs in the park about 3 days a week. That's it.

I'm not advocating this for all of you who are on serious diets that work for you... I'm just finally realizing that with my personality and metabolism this is the only thing that works for me. The weight isn't coming off rapidly... but it's coming off and not stalling out, which is more than I can say for anything else I've tried over the years. So wish me luck and help keep me motivated so that I don't fall out of healthy lifestyle choices! Cheers!

Back