Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

Mmm chicken cobbler does sound nice, I am looking for new slow cooker recipes too so that could be one!!

Hey Pesty, congrats on the anniversary :) Hopefully your bf can get back on board with SW for you. I'm sure mine will be the same when he returns but he will have to learn again!!

Are you still studying?? Seems to go on forever!!

Happy weekend xxx

Well that's unfortunate. My lovely OH had surprised me with a meal out for our anniversary. A very non-SW all American meal out!!!

Going to have to be a goody two shoes from tomorrow!! On the plus side I've used 0 syns so far today!! Xx

Happy anniversary chica - glad you had a good night out as well.

RSC - Ready Steady Cook, found it, hope the link works, if not I'll have a go later when I'm on PC.
Ha - I already subscribe to RSC so found it thanks Michelle.
In fact, I'd copied the recipe and saved it on my hard drive. But never made it. How stupid is that?
We have all the ingredients in. So that is going to be Sunday Lunch.
Only thing you don't say is how long you put it back in the oven for once the cobblers were on the top?
So I've been searching - and found the recipe on BBC. Yayyyy its a Hairy Bikers.

Last edited:
Cobbler sounds yum, thanks for the recipe I'll give it a go!! I'm pretty experimental with my slow cooker. Just chuck anything I fancy with whatever spices I can find and leave it till after work haha potatoes in it as well. Dinner done when I'm home!!!

I'm not still studying maverick, I passed!! I now have the award in insurance and my CII cert (certificate in insurance) with initials that go after my name :)

Thanks for all the anniversary messages people! I've been good yesterday and today and am now in the pub drinking diet coke!! High fives all round :)

Speaking of recipes I had an amazing chicken hotpot yesterday, first time ive ever made one - not in the slow cooker though. Made twice the mixture so now have a 'ready meal' in my freezer for when I can't be bothered to cook BONUS!

Xx

On a separate note, I bought two new pairs of jeans yesterday. One size 18 which fit beautifully and make my bum look nice and pert (if I don't say do myself) and one pair which 'just' fit - a size 16, the button does up but there's over hang. I'm doing the 12 week challenge and with any luck ill meet the challenge and the jeans just might fit!!!

Ah, well done on getting qualified, I'm hoping to be done by spring time, 2 more assignments to go... fingers crossed!! xx

Pesty - well done chica on passing your exams. That's brilliant.
Do you have to keep doing top up courses? I know someone who's an IFA and he constantly has to attend seminars to keep his quals up to date.

I have to do a certain amount of hours a year as top up study but a one day course usually does it! Thanks for the congrats :)

No alcohol for me last night, went home and had steak and SW chips and picked up the OH later in the evening. Hopefully this might mean a loss this week :) xxx

Hello! Just popping in to subscribe! :) That overhang on the jeans will be gone in no time I'm sure! well done on the exams..I work in finance too and am about to start studying for more qualifications this year! Looking forward to following your journey...
Ging x

Hey Ging. Thanks for subscribing! I'm a compliance officer for an insurance company, I have potentially more qualifications to get if I want to but I met my goal last year with exams and raising £1000 for the stroke association after my grandma passed away so this year I'm focusing on me.

On the way home from OHs sisters ATM. Bought a beef joint for dinner tonight. I'm quite hungry and OH has just demolished a tube of mini eggs. How I haven't eaten any I don't know! Haha. SW roasties and veg on the way! Are Bessie's yorkshires still 1 syn each?

Xx

Hey Ging. Thanks for subscribing! I'm a compliance officer for an insurance company, I have potentially more qualifications to get if I want to but I met my goal last year with exams and raising £1000 for the stroke association after my grandma passed away so this year I'm focusing on me.

On the way home from OHs sisters ATM. Bought a beef joint for dinner tonight. I'm quite hungry and OH has just demolished a tube of mini eggs. How I haven't eaten any I don't know! Haha. SW roasties and veg on the way! Are Bessie's yorkshires still 1 syn each?

Xx

Yes babe...xx

Well that's good news :)

Dinner eaten but now really want something sweet and haven't nothing here that I can have :(

So I'm having a cup of tea and hoping it passes haha. OH on the other hand is eating a slab of Xmas cake BOOOOOOOOO

Well that's good news :)

Dinner eaten but now really want something sweet and haven't nothing here that I can have :(

So I'm having a cup of tea and hoping it passes haha. OH on the other hand is eating a slab of Xmas cake BOOOOOOOOO

Kick him...xx

Sent from my BNTV400 using MiniMins.com mobile app

. . . but now really want something sweet and haven't nothing here that I can have :(

Kick him...xx

He'd have got more than a kick from me! :8855:

HAHA thanks ladies, in a way i dont mind it as my avoidance of bad things whilst he's eating them makes me feel quite proud of myself!!

We did have a chat though and i explained that i dont need him to be on SW with me, he can eat what he wants when he isnt in the flat but that id really appreciate it if he could help me when he is at home.

His dinners are SW anyway as i cook but i will be going through the cupboards laters and writing the syns on everything i cant have and moving them to a different place, that way when he has something and i am tempted i can make an informed decision as to whether i can have it or not.

Tuesday nights are treat nights for me after WI so on Tuesdays he can eat as much crap as he likes as i know i could have it if i really wanted it - i think thats a fair compromise!?

Well he's agreed to it following me telling him the calories and syns in his usual pot noodle lunch and full sugar energy drink - he'd even made a wholemeal sandwich for his own lunch today and he doesnt even need to follow it at work!! haha

So good weekend overall foodwise, i stayed in syns - which does not often happen!! So hopefully being good today and tomorrow will result in a loss, WIs are moving from lunchtime to evening though so i cant be certain that it wont affect the scales!

xxx

So my new years resolution this year was to take better care of myself, not necessarily foodwise as id already started SW, but general things like the fact that i am happy to go out to work/shopping in joggers with a mismatched top and shoes, no makeup, greasy hair, half chewed and chipped nails, etc.

So Ive had a bit of a pamper this weekend, face mask, painted my nails and making a bit of an effort with my clothes, I dont mind having a lazy day but i cant expect to feel anything other than crappy if thats how i feel im looking.

Its amazing what a bit of nail paint and mascara can do for you, im not feeling too bad at work today - (except the stomach cramps), I have dinner in the slow cooker (whole chicken, new potatoes, onions and peppers) today is feeling like a gooden.

Now i just need to get all the masses of work in order!! Homewise i need to get on with the clearing out, not just the kitchen but i have years worth of 'just in case' crap that is under the bed which i need to go through and minimise, as well as old clothes, tops that are far too short and i look ridiculous in, so even if i lost all the weight i want to they would still be too short and too baggy as well!!

the ceiling needs bleaching as our flats have mold issues due to the build, the fish need cleaning out, the bed needs changing and the floors need a steam clean after mine and OH's flu fun - and all of this is once i finish my 11 hour day in the office.

Thats the busyness of today sorted then!!! Off to it!!

I do a mini pamper in a morning... I pedi pro my feet, use my derma wand on my face after a good cleanse tone and moisturise... Put n hand and foot cream and sort my hair... Doesn't take long but those few minutes me time make me feel human again... Stick with it babe, lie you say just little changes like that can start your day off on a good note... Well done on sticking to plan...xx

Sent from my BNTV400 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Love the new piccie - wit woo baby!!!! :)

I think a bit of pampering is understated - I need to do my nails tonight, they are bare!!! :D you have inspired me! :D xx

Thanks Elle :) that was just before Xmas at a friends birthday

I've just had a pasta n sauce. I'm now feeling awfully bloated!! That shall hopefully see me through till the chicken dinner tonight!

I did a face mask at the weekend and now have a bloody great spot on my chin haha I do need to keep it up though like you say it only takes 15 of my day for a bit of beauty

Xx

Back