Pole Dancing

Sorry Tryer, I've been busyish. I've been back on my pole a few times, for an hour each time. I'm focusing on that right now. How are you?

OH i am glad found this thread! I was considering doing some pole dancing but didnt know what to expect from it. Spoke to a few people about it and they all gave me funny looks!

I was in doubt between Pole Dancing and Kickboxing and everyone suggested Kickboxing.

Does Pole dancing keep you fit?

Typa, it keeps you really fit. It's an allover workout, cardio and tones muscles. You used your body weight as resistance. Legs, uper arms, back shoulders & abs. I love it. I'd suggest finding a class locally and having a go. If you don't like it, at least you've tried. I don't go to lessons at the minute because I have a pole at home. If you fancy one at home, buy the best, an X-pole. I got mine form Ann Summers, £160, including delivery, it's easy to put up and totally removable. Look on YouTube for some inspiration and see if you fancy it. I might pop some links on laterish.

evanesco, call me a month late but just flicking through the ea sports threat reading some posts, and i realised i missed that pic that you posted when you were saying that you were hot and was getting stuck to the poll, and you posted a pic of what you were trying to do.
not beeing funng, but as a gadget person i feel like a want a pole now seeing that pic , i think i can defo do that h aha haaa. eerrr maybee..............
keep polling lady and i'm glad your ok,
feel free to pop into your post and say hi to everyone (sorry just ribbing you tee hee),
anyway were at 200 posts now,

Where was that lol? I remember posting it, but can't remember where. I will be back on the ea one when i restart my challenge. soon....ish....

wow that looks so much fun! You must have to be so strong to do that, how much does the pole cost? Also are there any beginners videos etc? Not sure I'd be brave enough to have a go in front of others lol

yep it was the ea post, tee hee.
rachel evanesco will be back in soon to answer your Q.

Rachel,

A good, industry standard pole costs £160 inc. delivery from Ann Summers. It's a professional standard dance pole, and is the best on the market. Pole Dancing is a sport where you shouldn't take risks, and buy cheap, your pole will probably just fall down... The X-Pole is fully removable and you would never even know it was there. I have mine up permanently, makes life easier, though they have now introduced a bottom loading pole, which means it's even easier to put up. As for learning, Youtube is a great place to start for inspiration. There are loads of DVD's. Jamilla's Art of Pole, 1 to 5, being my favourites. You can get these shipped from Austraila quite cheaply. Look online for local classes too and take a friend for support, I had a fantastic instructor, who wasn't what you would expect, she was a size 12-14 Mum. Her daughter was 22 and a professional dancer, but our instructor only taught and had never danced professionally. I really can't recommend it enough. You don't have to be strong, you'll build up your strength as you go along, I could barely get my toes off the floor, 6 months later I was at the top of my pole throwing myself upside down.

Hugs,

Lisa. xox

Ok Minimins, I'm back. I've kept a stone of and now need to shift the final 21lbs. My darling girlfriend bought me a 1950's Pin Up photoshoot for my 30th Birthday, so I have a mega incentive now. Pole's back up, though we are right back to very basics now, and building up slowly from there, it's a sad journey from the standard I was at, but my pole was gathering dust and rust, and that's not fair on it, so it's being used again.

I would love to learn to pole dance, i went to a club once and saw the ladies and thought wow, what suppleness and strength in body..when I am slim, I'd certainly look for classes.

Bella

Back