Step 1 Sole Source Princess Peanuts Journey

I'm finding it surprisingly ok so far. Day one was hard as I had miss placed my blender and thought a whisk would do -it did not! Thankfully the blended shakes and soups are a lot nicer than their lumpy equivalent!

Woke up hungry for the first time this morning. Will just need to take the day one shake at a time!

Definitely agree with that taking one day as a time!! Otherwise it would be so difficult to remain focused.

How are you getting on today?

Day 7 for me and I've been 100% all week with 2 cans of coke zero, 2 days where I had the 180g of tuna and I have completed 5 insanity DVDs and a 3 hour body combat marathon. What a week!!!! Feeling really good and stomach feels flatter. That's the main thing really. Just need to lose it from my bum and thighs now.

OK.... so my first weigh in was this morning and I lost 10lbs, yay!!!!!!!
Only anothe 18lbs to go in 20 days (first holiday) and then once I return I have 5 weeks to get to 10 stone, so I will want to lose around 1.5 stone in these 5 weeks. I know its going to be tough but Im really going to try my best! I bought some size 12 bikinis yesterday, so I have no choice now really!!

Congratulations! That's an awesome amount of weight to be rid of in your first week! Fingers crossed the other 18lbs starts to drop off you too!

Have a great day! x

Hey
Your doing so well! I cant wait to start tomorrow. I have been low carbing so hopefully im ready. Your so good with your water too! how are you doing? x

Iv just seen 10lbs!!!! AMAZING !!! Well done!!!

Thank you so much!! Getting positive feedback from others just spurs me on even more :D

Hey Kelly, its going well thanks, I have been starving all week, so thats been hard and for 4 days out of the 7 I had to have tuna in the evenings, otherwise I may have given in and binged (which would really set me back). I bet you cant wait until tomorrow!! Do you have all of your products already?? Water is fairly easy for me as I normally drink about 5 litres a day but on this I seem to have dropped down to about 3 or so, which is just bizarre. Dont forget black coffee/tea counts as your water also, so it might not be as bad as you first think! I cant wait to hear your journey :) come on here a lot if you struggle, that is what got me through week 1 for sure, I wanted to cave in so many times as I hate the feeling of starvation but someone I got through it :) x

Seeing as I cannot compete in an April (easter) challenge set by my consultant (due to being away for 15 of the 30days) I am thinking of setting myself a challenge in May (as I am away again in June on hol) and Im thinking what kind of challenge to do. I have the 10k race for life booked for July and the great south run booked for Oct, so Im thinking about a bike ride challenge in May (inspired by the just a drop challenge!) and Im thinking of riding 1000 miles throughout the month of May..... thats an average of 33 miles per day (but obv weekend I will be able to do more).
I love having little challenges, they really encourage me and spur me on!!

Todays the day! My consultant is coming to my flat at 12:30 I looked online at the products and emailed her what I would like.
When shes weighed me on her scales I will update my statts (just incase its different on my scales to her scales) today might
be a bad day to have start as mother nature came calling last night so Im glad I asked for choc shakes haha! I think I will start a diary
too they seem really helpful! so funny you said about Race for life me and my friend Amy are going to sign up for the mud one
tonight its not until July but it will keep me focused after I have reached my goal weight x

Haha go you Kelly!! Good luck with meeting your consultant, I bet you re so excited about being able to start :)
Oh no, stupid time of the month, mine is due to be here next week, but just think if you can get through this week, you can get through anything! I hope you have a great week on it and get some amazing results.
Yes, do keep a diary, its nice to be able to just talk crap on it, whenever you need to, and a lot of the time others will respond saying they are going through the same thing, which is always a great support, that way you know youre on the right track!x

Starting day 10 today........ I weighed myself this morning and its the first time in 10 days that the scales didnt move, they stayed the same :( Im determined to lose my 6lb this week though so Im hoping I will 1 or 2 tomorrow morning.
I did exercise last night (a 25mins exercise DVD) so I wonder if that had anything to do with STS???? Will see what tomorrow brings with that!
So, today I feel like poo still, Ive had a sore throat for about 6 days now and the cough is getting worse, apparently its whats going around at the moment, and I can expect flu symptoms after a week or so, great!!!
Need to get better and focused, only 18 more days until my holiday!! whoop whoop, just keep thinking of my body in a bikini to keep me motivated especially when I have days were Im not losing...

Don't panic about the STS. It'll even itself out in the next few days - the exercise will have caused some fluid build up around your muscles to repair them, so that may well be contributing. As long as you don't up your exercise level any further (you should be okay if you do the same amount regularly) then that will soon disappear. Don't be too disheartened, as exercise will do masses for your inch loss even if it doesn't show on the scales! :)

Have a great day! x

Thanks Amy I really appreciate your feedback and you have made me feel so much better about it :) I didnt even really think about fluid build up around the muscles, so Im really hoping for a loss soon on the scales, but if not, I have taken measurements so will hopefully see them go down!

Well done on your amazing weight loss, was that all through Cambridge? You must be ecstatic with a healthy BMI, I cant wait for that!

Have a lovely day :) x

So, im more than halfway through day 10 and, dare I say it, Im feeling a little tiny eeny weeny bit less hungry than normal...
Im not sure if thats because my body is adjusting or because I didnt have berorrca or just a one-off fluke but its quite nice...! Long may it continue!

My cough is still hanging on (grrr) and its giving me a bit of a headache, but other than that I feel ok. I don't seem to be feeling as tired as I normally do (no yawning since I started this) and I wonder if thats a sign of ketosis?
Tested for ketosis again this morning and still no...... :(

Only 18 more days until my holiday, whoop whoop but that means only 18 days left to lose 18lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "mission impossible"

Thanks Amy I really appreciate your feedback and you have made me feel so much better about it :) I didnt even really think about fluid build up around the muscles, so Im really hoping for a loss soon on the scales, but if not, I have taken measurements so will hopefully see them go down!

Well done on your amazing weight loss, was that all through Cambridge? You must be ecstatic with a healthy BMI, I cant wait for that!

Have a lovely day :) x

Aww thanks hun! I'm sadly an expert on the effect of exercise on weight loss - the amount of times I did loads of exercise and lost naff all that week are too many to count! It always evens itself out in the end though, so all I can say is keep at it, don't go too hard (because that will effect your scales, your mood and the possibility of you cheating - which are all big no nos!) and enjoy whatever you choose to do!

The bulk of my loss was actually through Slimming World - I started wayyy back in November 2012 and did pretty well on it for a while. But found a lot of flaws in it, and since Christmas I appear to have piled the pounds back on because I haven't learned to treat food with respect. Same with the other half (who has piled on significantly more than me, admittedly - but he also lost a lot more in the first instance!) so Cambridge is the last step in what I hope is a lifelong lesson in not eating like an idiot!

I'm happy with a healthy BMI (as of yesterday that was, I'd slipped back into the overweight category over Christmas and could not get back out for the life of me!) but it's almost bittersweet. I feel much better than "only just not being overweight", which is basically what 24.9 means. So honestly? I try not to take much notice of it - not that I'm unhappy with it though! Any indicator that I'm doing the right thing is always good!

Keep doing what you're doing though - a 10lb loss in your first week is a massive stride. You'll be at a healthy BMI in absolutely no time at that rate! x

Aww thank you :)
I will definitely listen to your advice, and tonight Ive decided to give the gym a miss (let my muscles recover) and I will go first thing in the morning. Im also having a proper SS+ meal tonight, which consists of white fish and baby spinach, yummy!!!

Ive tried SW too and also WW (and every other diet known to man) and didnt get on with either of them I would hit a plateau of around 11 stone 2 I think and wouldnt budge from here, it used to drive me mad so I just gave in, Im hoping CWP will get me past that number (I know its a long way off yet still!) And Im totally the same with xmas, I just love it so much and want to enjoy and therefore, in my mind, that involves me eating and drinking whatever I like when I like, even if I feel sick, I literally have no off/stop switch!

How much do you want to lose? x

The end of day 10 is coming to an end yippee!!! and i had a proper dinner tonight (SS+) consisting of 188cals, it might have low in cals but I almost feel full..?!?!? and therefore, happy!!! :)
18 more days... 18 more days.... 18 more days.....

well done, i am on my 3rd week now and i was doing great but on friday i HAD to go out for a meal to talk to some important peeps and its really messed with my commitment to the diet. I am almost 100% but i occasionally sneak a tiny bit of ham in or something. im sure its not hurting but i need the victory feeling of being 100% like it did in the first week. good luck and stick with it.

Back