Quark - how to use?

My key lime pie uses quark :0) I made it tonight for a family get together and no one knew it was slimming world!! Everyone kept asking Oooh this is nice how u made it??? Have a look on recipes I've put it on somewhere xx if u can't find it I will post it on here xx

Quark is great for making your own Tzatziki dip:
Quark, garlic (powder or fresh), thinly sliced cucumber, thinly sliced onion (if u like), salt und pepper to taste = done is a lovely Greek dip

I mix a little crushed garlic into a tub of quark and leave it overnight. It makes a lovely mock sour cream dressing to have with chilli or curry to cool it down if you have made it to spicy ( I do this all the time as my fiance loves a hot curry or chilli but my mouth cant take it lol)

xxx

I just mixed up a tub with a white options hot choc and some sweetener and it really is lovely! I was a bit hesitant as it sounds weird but it's sooo nice and going on top of my strawberries for supper in a mo!

How do you reckon you'd make it savory and take the tanginess out of it? I'd like it with chives or something but not sure on the flavour.

Am a Quark convert now :D
i just mixed a tub of quark with 2 sachets of white choc options and its yum! put it on top of 2 melted alpen ligts to make a cheesecake and its in the fridge chilling for later after my doner kebab!!!wat diet?? lol cant take cred 4 the cheesecake idea tho, i read that on here somewhere :) xxx

My key lime pie uses quark :0) I made it tonight for a family get together and no one knew it was slimming world!! Everyone kept asking Oooh this is nice how u made it??? Have a look on recipes I've put it on somewhere xx if u can't find it I will post it on here xx

Can you post the recipe please? can't find it and it sounds too good to miss! :worthy:

Key lime pie
8 digestives 57g
low fat marg
1 sachet sugar free lemon/lime jelly
2tsp powdered gelatine
4 limes
few drops green food colouring (optional)
2 pots vanilla muller
198g quark
6 tbsp sweetener

put the biscuits in a bag & crush melt marg & stir biscuits in transfer to 7in loose bottom cake tin, press down & chill
make jelly with 142ml boiling water, stir in The gelatine & set aside to cool zest & squeeze the limes when jelly is cool put in processor with lime juice, food colouring, yogurt , quark & the sweetener, blend until smooth put in cake tin, chill overnight 5 syns per serving- serves 8

I use quark in lots of ways, as a base on Ryvita instead of cream cheese then top off with all sorts of things like stawberries, bananas, and for lunch the other day I bought a pack of smoked salmon trimmings from asda and put that on top.
I also put a spoonful on top of my super speed soup- tastes great and looks posh!
I mix it with milk and use it with sliced potatoes, garlic and onions to make a version of dauphinoise potatoes which everyone else thinks is very fattening LOL!!

love it in curry as well
I wish more places sold it
Bron ,

Some cracking ideas on here, I've just nicked all of em and put em in my slimming world folder! I've never cooked so much from scratch since I've been on SW! :)

How many syns is this?

i made a great lemon mouse the other day with quark

4 egg whites blended to soft peeks
1 tub of quark
2 tbs sweetener
2/3 sachet of sugar free lemon/lime jelly mixed with 2 tbs boiled water to dessolve
juice of one lemon plus a little rind fold all together put into pots and leave for 4 hrs soooooo goooooood :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So how many syns is this???

dauphinoise.

- Slice raw pots and layer in a dish
- mix together 1/2 pint of stock, 2 garlic cloves crushed, and some half fat creme fraiche.
- add some salt, pepper and herbs.

Bake in an oven for around 45 mins on a medium heat,

(got this from this site)

TobeaSkinnyMe said:
dauphinoise.

- Slice raw pots and layer in a dish
- mix together 1/2 pint of stock, 2 garlic cloves crushed, and some half fat creme fraiche.
- add some salt, pepper and herbs.

Bake in an oven for around 45 mins on a medium heat,

(got this from this site)

Going to try this. Sounds yum

PJ Platts, thankyou so so SO much! because of you I can now make a decent tasting carbonara! before it would always split and tasted awful, but I tried it the other day and it was wonderful, thankyou so much! :) xx

Poison Ivy said:
PJ Platts, thankyou so so SO much! because of you I can now make a decent tasting carbonara! before it would always split and tasted awful, but I tried it the other day and it was wonderful, thankyou so much! :) xx

No worries glad u like it ;0) xx

Back