Ruth's Journey To A Healthier Tummy- Experiments!

Hello :) I am thinking of starting JUDDD and was just having a nosy at your diary! Was so scared that the losses were very slow on this diet but you have done so well and totally proved me wrong. I think I might have to give it a go! Well done :)

Hi ... Can someone please explain is every other day a 500 cal day what is the pattern for a week ? Pleaseeeeeee

Lilypondprince said:
Hi ... Can someone please explain is every other day a 500 cal day what is the pattern for a week ? Pleaseeeeeee

In the book the suggestion is to actually fast, but that is awfully difficult - so by cutting your calories to 500 or fewer every other day -- you reduce your overall caloric intake without lowering your basal metabolic rate. However, a lot of people are adapting Alternate Day Dieting (commonly referred Tomas JUDDD = Dr. Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet) to their own lifestyle.

The most popular pattern seems to be Saturday, Sunday UP (or intermediate = 1200 cals) and Monday, Wednesday and Friday Down (below 500). Tuesday and Thursdays UP (the amount of calories to maintain your present weight: which is usually in the mid to high 2000s. There is a free calculator on the Johnson's Up Day Down DayDiet website. There is also a lot of information on the site. I bought the book and have read it. The information is very handy -- and he discusses his own experiences with the plan. The first several chapters are a lot studies, etc. but from Chapter 7 it is about the'"plan".

You lose weight because YOUR AVERAGE CALORIES are reduced. The selling point for this diets is tat your are not on a reduced calories dietbdaybafter day after day... And, if you've done VLCD (very low calorie diet) of a reduced calories diet for a longtime then you know that on plans like this your losses slow dramatically because your BMR (metabolism) decreases.

I hope this helps.

Wowee thanks for all of the lovely posts and replies!!!

I have lost 19lbs in total now which is wonderful and I adore this plan- sorry I was AWOL yesterday I went out with work!!

Had a lovely 3 course meal didn't finish any of them and had 4 single vodka slimline tonics and 1 tequila which I thought was great!

I'm not sure about this week.... I was really hungry after switching my UPs for IDs so I'm going back to the week before where I ate my allowances and lost three :) think that's a good idea!

Hope that you're all ok!

Ruth
X

Friday WI!

Thursday 13,2 (WI)
Friday 13,2.25 (ID)
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday

On it this week!!! Only 0.25 heavier after my ID which is wonderful!

ID today as my OH wants to have a lovely meal :) looking forward to it :)

Need to lose at least 2lbs to beat my July challenge and one of my goals I set myself!

Ruth
X

Your going amazing hun, hope the plan works as well for me when I switch :)

Love seeing your food plans, think.I've lost the plot of calories in foods after vlcd for so long!!

Xx

Morning Ruth! I hope you had a lovely meal out last night. .

Thank you everyone I had a lovely meal!!! Yum yum- I had a pizza but left all the crusts and only managed 1/2 (and I asked for a half portion!) it came with chips that I only ate half of and we got some garlic bread ciabatta but I only had 2 slices so mega chuffed!
I did drink 1 glass of Dr Pepper normal but to be honest it was nice to have a sugary drink for a change!!!! I do live on water and diet stuff :)

I am finding it easy not to stuff myself or overdo it because I know I can do this and I know how much I want this- I also know how poorly I feel if I do have too much!

Saying that I had one of those mini asda bags of cherry cola bottles when I got home- haven't had those in years- FAB!

Time to MFP it now!

Ruth
X

Sounds lovely! I think it seems easier to eat in moderation on this diet because nothing is restricted on up days, so you're not really depriving yourself of anything. I know when I was following other plans, if I went off plan I fell off the wagon spectacularly because I'd stuff my face with stuff I wasn't allowed.

Pizza, garlic bread, chips and fizzy cola bottles on a diet! Who'd have thought it :D

Too right I was! Doing a double on Thursday and Friday as everyone seems to want to take me out for lunch!!!

Sorry for being really AWOL!!!

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

Back