Saddlebag's Refeed

Thanks Chuffy! I'm allowed bread tomorrow. Far too excited about that!

Day 8

Breakfast - golden syrup oat so simple sachet, 100 ml skimmed milk, topped up with water (171)
Lunch - chocolate crunch bar (200)
Dinner - 3 quorn sausages, jacket potato, cabbag, broccoli (352)
Snacks - apple, low fat toffee yoghurt, small boiled egg (223)

Total - 946 cals :eek:

Well, breakfast went down very well indeed :D I felt naughty eating golden syrup porridge but had worked it out as not much more than special k! It was one of those sachets where you put the same amount of milk in as will fit in the sachet. I measured out the milk in the sachet but it came to over 300 ml! I decided to use 100 ml skimmed milk and make up the rest with water, and couldn't tell the difference. Sooooo sweet and yummy and made the kitchen smell so nice... And it really did keep me fuller for longer!
I was allowed a mid morning piece of fruit today so had an apple.
Lunch was the bar, last meal replacement product of refeed :)sigh: I'm gonna miss my choc crunch bars) and had a yoghurt when I got home from work.
Dinner was three quorn sausages, 90g cabbage, 30g broccoli (was just using it up so went slightly over the 100g allowance) and a jacket potato! It was amazing, although I have to admit to having about 1/2 teaspoon of salad cream because together with the sausages it was rather dry. Naturally wanted to smother the spud in butter but didn't. I weighed it after cooking and it was only 100g, so did myself out of 50g of potato! Gutted. So had a little boiled egg :D
Calories for today are a whopping 946 which quite frankly terrifies me but I did a lot of moving around today so ruddy well earnt it!

Sounds like your refeed has gone really well - hope you're going to keep your diary going into maintenance...

Last edited:
I have every intention of doing so Weasey, I need to account for my actions and when I have a day of weakness I need a telling off! My friends and family are all very keen to stuff me with cake, booze, Chinese food, pizza... So I will need a voice of reason and the odd shake up!

Day 9

Breakfast - Golden syrup oat so simple, skimmed milk and water (171)
AM Snack - low fat yoghurt (89)
Lunch - 3 slices brown weight watchers bread, 210g baked beans, apple (443)
PM Snack - Banana (95)
Dinner - 3 quorn sausages, broccoli, cabbage, jacket potato (401)

Total calories for the day - a whopping great 1199!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Well, what can I say. 1199 calories. 1199! Eeeeeeek! I must add that I have followed the S&S plan, so I can't have got it wrong. Apart from the golden syrup porridge but it's only about 40 more than special k.
Quite enjoyed the bread, but didn't get a wowwwww amaaaaazing feeling from it like I expected. Which is good, because I'm not craving more. On top of the jacket potato for dinner, I'm feeling a bit carbed out and plump.
More bread tomorrow, and CHEESE! I'm REALLY excited about the cheese, I love cheese and used to have it on everything so I'm hoping it doesn't make me crave it! I can have 40 grams, which isn't much. I got some mini cheddar thingies, you know that you get in a net at the supermarket, because they're 20g each so it will stop me from cutting too much.

Following your re-feed saddlebag as I'm thinking of doing it in a couple of days for a friends party.
Can't manage to wangle the shift swap in work :cry: so might have to give it a miss but strangely it's not really bothering me as I'm enjoying the routine of the shakes/meals. (I'm officially weird) !!!

No I know what you mean! It made me realise how much I used to think about food! Suddenly it was a case of 'get sachet from cupboard, add water, nuke, done'... No thinking about shopping or going to the supermarket, hardly any washing up... I tell ya since I started refeeding, my kitchen looks like a bomb's hit it!

I've realized that once my re-feed is over I'll be following Slimming World red plan which is limited carbs. My body can't tolerate them and now I need to get my life in order as I don't plan on gaining back this weight.
I'll always have them s&s on standby if the Wii Fit as it will be a quick fix if the odd lb or two creep back x x

Oopsy, here's day 10- friend ended up coming over last night so neglected my diary. Then read on for my Day 1 maintainence eeeeeeeeek! And final weigh!!

Day 10

Breakfast - golden syrup oat so simple with skimmed milk (171)
AM snack - banana (95)
Lunch - 3 slices WW brown bread, salad, cheese, spread, nectarine (432)
PM snack - low fat yoghurt (89)
Dinner - pork chop (fat cut off), cabbage, jacket potato (482)

Total - a great big 1269 :D

Porridge was yummy and filling. Wasn't hungry when I had the banana but was a little bored and I've tried to follow the refeed as closely as possible. I REALLY enjoyed my cheese sandwich at lunch. A little too much. But saying that, now I know that 40g of cheese can make 1 1/2 perfectly nice sandwiches padded out with salad, I won't be using massive chunks as it's not needed.
I also really enjoyed dinner, the pork was lovely grilled with a little fry light sprayed on it. I didn't even used to eat pork really before.

Sooooooo, now it's officially day 1 of maintainence, which is a bit scary. I weighed myself this morning. I'm 10 stone dead on, so I've lost 6 lbs on refeed in 10 days. No idea how or why but I'm not complaining :) I'm going to change my weigh day to Friday too so it's not mid week.
For breakfast this morning I had 'cold porridge' which I made last night. Sounds revolting but if you're a fan of porridge and Greek yoghurt I really recommend this, it's delicious, filling and very versatile. Very carb loaded but I have discovered this week that porridge keeps me full for ages so I will keep having it. I thought I'd be doing some sort of low carb plan but the carbs in porridge are nothing short of magic if they stop me picking before lunch time!
Here's how I did my cold porridge:

Cold porridge

You'll need a jar. I used a dorritos salsa jar (have a cupboard full of jars) which is quite wide but also short. A good size portion! You could also use jam jars or kilner jars, it helps to be able to get a spoon in though.

Put some porridge oats in the jar, about a third, although alter it depending on how thick you like it (I used Quaker original porridge oats, not sure if it'd work with quick oats)
Put a splosh of milk on top (skimmed of course :))
Then a few dollops of Greek yoghurt (I used Total 0% fat- lovely and creamy, thanks Ali)
I added a little honey, and a few raisins. Was going to add banana but I didn't leave enough space in the jar. Make sure you leave a gap at the top as you then put the lid on the jar and SHAKE! Leave it in the fridge overnight and by the morning you have a thick, oaty, yoghurty yummy breakfast.
Obviously you can have it any flavour you like. Yum!

Following your re-feed saddlebag as I'm thinking of doing it in a couple of days for a friends party.
Can't manage to wangle the shift swap in work :cry: so might have to give it a miss but strangely it's not really bothering me as I'm enjoying the routine of the shakes/meals. (I'm officially weird) !!!

Well I finally got the shift swap so I guess the re-feed starts tomorrow :eek:

Just seen your idea so that will be on my list of breakfasts thanks Saddlebag.
Going back over your thread to give me some ideas/inspiration for next week x x

Hey scouse mouse good job getting the shift change! It's good to hear you're refeeding properly, so many people don't bother and they go off track. You've done really well. I recommend the S&S refeed plan, which is here http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/refeed.pdf
This is what I have followed *almost* to the letter and I have lost 6lbs in 10 days on it. It does warn however that you can put 4-8lbs ON, BUT, this is your muscles filling with water again and it is not a visible weight gain. The above document explains it better than I can!
The cold porridge is lovely, definitely give it a go but once you are maintaining as it's not on the plan. Unless you choose not to follow the S&S plan of course, it's whatever suits you I guess but it worked for me :)

Thanks for that Saddlebag
I have it printed in front of me so no reason to fail really (or is there)
I must say I'm looking forward to the re-feed now got my peas/carrots and fruit for day one.
whoooo a piece of fruit. Going to have an apple and chop it up into segments and savour it :gimi:

No there's no reason to fail :) Think of it as still being on a strict diet and follow the plan and you'll be fine. It says a small piece of fruit so I went for an apple, don't know if this is supposed to be small i.e. a plum or apricot but I chose an apple... I thought if a large piece of fruit is a pineapple then that makes an apple small :D

Right, so here's how it's going so far:

Not been strictly counting calories but I am keeping in mind what I'm having.

Breakfasts have been a little kilner jar of yoghurt which I make up the evening before. I put a little fruit in the bottom (nectarine, peach, banana are yum), a teaspoon of honey then dollop it up with fat free Greek yoghurt. In the morning I give it a good shake and it's delicious.

Lunch has been 1 brown bread sandwich, with either flora lighter than light, 20g cheese and some salad, or a light laughing cow triangle spread on, no spread, and salad.

Dinners have been either jacket spud and beans or protein and veg.

I've had loads and loads of fruit- probably too much. Also been munching on carrots as snacks.

The evenings have been really hard and I've been really fighting against snacking- all I want to do is eat the peanut butter with a spoon :eek: But have fought away the greedy monster in my head.

I've put on about 4/5 pounds since Saturday, which I don't mind too much. As long as I'm at goal or below I'll be happy. I went for a run this morning as I have put on, hated every second of it but glad afterwards that I'd done it. I'm going to try very hard to find this 'exercise bug'- does anyone know where I can catch it?!

Your breakfast yoghurt shake sounds gorgeous I must try it.(another one)
I've just done my false tan to take my mind of food as I've had all my meals today.

I think this exercise bug has come in my direction the last couple of days. I've been on the power plate every day in work (twice today)
Even dusted off the cross trainer and did 4.1k last night. Going to beat that tonight though :)

Ooooh excellent idea with the tanning- the smell always puts me off eating :p

I did my 30 day shred DVD this morning and was sweating buckets afterwards!

I was up really early so have eaten loads today! Breakfast was fat free Greek yoghurt with peach and honey, then an apple afterwards as I was peckish after my shredding! Had a carrot as a snack then a brown bread sandwich with philadelphia light (sweet chili one), lettuce and cucumber for lunch. Mid afternoon had a nectarine and satsuma. Nipped to the shops for some bits later and had a banana, because the chocolate was telling me to buy it so it was a compromise... When I got home I had 2 ryvita with 1 light laughing cow triangle. Dinner was sweet potato chips baked with some fry light, and chicken which I cooked with some Chinese 5 spice and soy sauce. It was delicious but think it was very naughty- I had 2 thighs and 2 drumsticks :eek: And ate the skin off 2 of them :eek:
I have added up on MFP and put everything down, skin and all... 1433 calories for the day but that's taking into account the cals I burnt doing shred. Still quite a lot!!! Must do better tomorrow...

Right, weigh day and damage for the week is 2lbs according to scales. Which leaves me 5lbs under goal so that's fine :) I'm going to do a little tweaking here and there with my eating- trying to eat more filling foods so I'm not always snacking, although I feel all glowing from eating so much fruit! I don't think that my 2lb gain is much to worry about and don't think I need to reduce my calories down again, yet. If I gain next week I'll look at my calorie intake but for now, I'm under 1500 easily most days. Although my job is a lot of sitting about, there are periods of quite high activity, and I take the dog for a long walk twice a day, so I know that 1500 isn't leaving me with a surplus. I'll put the 2lb gain down to a delayed water weight.

Back