Sarah Butterfly's Slimming World Journey

Im thinking of making some potato cakes myself tomorow. Iv got massive bag of frozen spinach I might add to them with some herbs and garlic and a little soy sauce.

If you can get them to stay in their cake shape then tell me the secret :p I suspect mine were too dry and needed a bit of moisture to keep them together.

Dinner was mediterranean veg layer bake and butternut squash chips! The veg bake had aubergine, courgette, yellow pepper and potato with a tomato sauce- passata, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, garlic and onion. Wasn't too keen on butternut squash chips they were very sweet!

Had a dairy free choc orange bar as my treat this week. 10 syns just for the bar!

Iv heard if you leave them to rest in the fridge for abit then they hold their shapes better. I usually just chuck them in and squish them together to hold the shape. I made fanta chicken today but it was too sweet for me! It was ok but I dont think id try it again.

Ah right might try popping them in the fridge! I dont like the sound of fanta chicken :(

Just had some strawberries and alpro yogurt 2 syns making today's syns 13 :)

Last edited:
It was 13 syns for yesterday! Not sure why I put 10! Oops.

Breakfast this morning is 30g all bran golden crunch HEX B and some milk HEX A allowance.

For lunch I'm attempting to make mini quiches using egg, milk and some ham. They sound lovely so I hope they turn out okay!

I'm making the mini quiches today too but with egg cottage cheese ham and mushroom

How did yours go?

I made mine, they were quite good but very eggy- kind of like scrambled egg. Had 3 with baked beans and a packet of pom bears (5 syns) for lunch!

I'm absolutely dying to weigh myself but trying to hold out until Monday! I might hide my scales.

How did yours go? I made mine, they were quite good but very eggy- kind of like scrambled egg. Had 3 with baked beans and a packet of pom bears (5 syns) for lunch! I'm absolutely dying to weigh myself but trying to hold out until Monday! I might hide my scales.

I'm about to make mine but it's the cottage cheese and Egg together that give it quiche taste! I am terrible with the scales it's the first thing I do every morning it is not healthy at all haha

Ahh I didn't use cottage cheese, probably why it was very eggy!

This morning I felt so bloated and like I couldn't possibly have lost any weight this week. But when I got dressed I was able to tighten my belt another notch!

Breakfast was a bowl of all bran golden crunch (HEX B) with milk (some of HEX A) and lunch was a jacket potato with ham and cheese (some of HEX A) and some baked beans.

So yesterday I said I was bunged up? Not any more, hahaha. The fibre's done its job!

Dinner was some re-heated bolognese pasta bake from last night. I've also had 2 alpen lights and some banana and strawberries with an alpro yogurt.

Syns for today- 9

Hi! I'm loving it. It feels like I can eat loads, and it's all been really healthy. Tomorrow is WI so I'll find out if I've actually lost! If I have lost then I will officially declare SW to be the best thing I've ever done :p

Breakfast this morning was 20g oats with about 100ml skimmed milk and 0.5 syns golden syrup.

For lunch I will be cooking a chicken, lentil and sweet potato curry with 0 syns! Looking forward to it.

I've worked out how many syns in a portion of my easter egg so I'll be having that later!

Good luck for your weigh in! Hope it works for you.

I had the same attitude as you re Weigh in and sticking with SW. Friday just gone was my first weigh in and i got a loss so i'm sticking with SW :thumbup:

We've got very similar stats and im another Essex Girl :)

Oh yeah :) I'm glad you got a loss!

Dinner tonight was a jacket potato with branston beans with sausages (4.5 syns).

Earlier I had 5.5 syns worth of easter egg and an alpen light HEX B.

Very good!! X

Got my syns slightly wrong earlier (didn't double check with my food diary) my branston beans were 4 syns not 4.5!

After dinner I had an alpro yogurt (2 syns) with banana and strawberry. That makes 12 syns for today.

Tomorrow morning is my first WI! Excited and nervous. Just totted up how many syns I've had this week and it's 85 out of 105. So I have room to eat more if I wanted, but I'll see what happens tomorrow with my weight.

Sooooo I've weighed....

4lbs lost in my first week!!!! :D very happy.

Back