Sausages

Sainsbury are half a syn too great ....lovely any more????

What about Bowyers how many syns arethey please?

I had the WW ones this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I got them from Tescos.

Personally though my favorites are the new Skinny Lizzie sausages (you can get them from Morrisons) which are 0.5 or 1 syn depending on the flavour.

I had the WW ones this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I got them from Tescos.

Personally though my favorites are the new Skinny Lizzie sausages (you can get them from Morrisons) which are 0.5 or 1 syn depending on the flavour.

hmm sounds great thanks about skinny lizzies what are the lowest syn flavour? thanks

Charleypolequeen, do you have access to the slimming world official website? you can look up all the sausages and syns etc on there. might help x

Morrisons 'Eat Smart 60% Less Fat' are 1/2 syn each. The earlier version of Morrisons Eat Smart used to be totally free.

i have brought my self a pack of bowers 5% fat sausgaes and pack of weight watchers to taste test uwwww exciting

My consultant has said that we need to be careful with the Morrisons eat smart sausages.
They have recently changed the recipe.
The less than 3% ones are syn free but no longer available, but the ones on sale now are 60% less fat & classed as 1/2 syn each.(she has phoned head office to check this and the actual syn amount was 1 1/2 syns per pack-all 8 sausages !!-even she was surprised!!)
So while still an excellent choice they still need to be counted.

First off hello! This is my first post :)

I am a bit confused to be honest....how can each sausage be 1/2 syn but 8 be just 1 1/2 syns?

Would I be right in presuming that each sausage is actually less than 1/2 syn but have to be rounded up or else we'd be eating 1/10 syn (for example) foods?

But does actually eating all 8 equate to 1 1/2 syns and that is actually more accurate then saying 1/2 syn each?

Hope that makes sense but I am really new to SW and want to get this right!

Thanks

Yes maybe the rounding and that syns for individual sausages have been rounded up to half a syn for ease of use. I think it's probably easier just to carry on counting them as half a syn each because otherwise it could get very complicated!

Quorn Sausages with Branston

Hi all,

Does anyone know if we have to count any syns for the chilled Quorn Sausages with Branston. I think that they new?

I was just about to cook a couple to have in a sandwich and noticed that I had picked up the wrong ones! They are much higher in fat and calories so I would imagine we have to syn them ... was really feb up as I was really looking forward to a sausage butty! :grumble:

Here you go:

Quorn Sizzling Bangers with a Hint of Branston Pickle, 5 pack, chilled 50g each

extraeasy.gif
1 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green

Not too bad at all.

Thanks Bubbalicious!

Thats not as bad as I expected as they are 86 calories and have 5.5g fat per sausage!

I ate them anyway so am happy to know it was only 2 syns!! :p

Syn free sausages at Oswaldtwistle Mill

Not sure if anyone is aware, but I was given a leaflet for Oswaldtwistle Mill near Blackburn and in it there is a butchers who's sausages are SW approved syn free! Not sure what they are like as I have never been, but hoping to go today :D

Make sure you ask to see their SW certification. As I understand it any butcher wanting accreditation for selling syn free sausages has to go through an expensive process. If he can't show you the certificate then I wouldn't buy the sausages.

Here's the blurb, not sure if it will turn out ok cos a bit rubbish at scanning... :)

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 354
How much are they?Sorry to be so materialistic but there is a butchers in Burnley that sells Syn Free Sausages and its £4+ a lb.Which is a bit too expensive for my purse,when Morrisons sell the Eat Smart ones for £1.99 and they are only 1/2 a syn anyway

Lesleyxx

I've just back and there are 8 in a pack for £3.70. Pack says the weight is 410-454kg. I bought the sweet chilli ones, but they also had Cumberland, pork and spring onion, and another I can't remember. They also did burgers (beef and spicy turkey) and meatballs. I think the burgers had 0.5 syns in them.
I asked if they did syn-free black pudding (cos I love the stuff) but sadly they didn't although the man I spoke to said he has requested the boss makes some. He also assured me that they are sw approved and told me the process they have to go through.

Does anyone know if there are any butchers in the Manchester area who do syn-free stuff cos Blackburn is a little far to go each time. :)

Back