Sean's Dukan Dip

Hello there Sean...

Excellent indeed! But do just eggs for breakfast fill you up enough? I've never dared try JUST eggs myself... Vicky assures me that they do though! How many do you have?

Here's a good description of oatbran and its function:
Description

Oat bran is the hard, edible outer layer, or husk, of an oat kernel. Along with germ, bran is the main source of nutrients, including fiber, in whole grains. Fiber, although indigestible in humans, is an integral part of the human diet. Fiber pushes food through the digestive system and eases bowel movements. A diet insufficient in fiber can cause digestive disorders, constipation and painful bowel movements. Soluable Fiber

Oat bran is a type of soluble fiber, meaning it dissolves in water. The gel that results helps lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels. The other type of fiber is insoluble fiber, which cannot dissolve in water. Satiety

Consuming dietary fiber provides satiety, a feeling of fullness, on relatively few calories. Specifically, high-fiber foods tend to make meals feel larger, and the feeling of fullness lingers longer. This, in turn, allows the dieter to lose weight by cutting calories without feeling deprived. Weight Loss

In addition to providing satiety on fewer calories, fiber-rich foods such as oat bran also require more chewing time, allowing the body more time to register whether or not it is full. This, in turn, prevents overeating.

Soooo, Vicky, I think I agree with someone on my French forum who reckons that we don't count the calories of oatbran (ref. Fitplan and calorie counting which in any event isn't Dukan's way).

I know Jo but I have ocd ;)

I know... so do I... but if you don't input the oatbran, it'd be more accurate still... (ie, lower caloried... I've always thought your menus a little light!)

slapped wrists for me then. I cant eat much more than I am now!!! weekends...yes..during the week. no (lets see how i cope when im off sometime this week/next!)

maybe your quantities are higher than they look in "words". "Chicken" can be a little or a lot!

today the chicken is 1 1/2 big breasts (not like mine ;) )

? grammes/ounces?

re the eggs for breakfast thing, I have JUST eggs for lunch :) normally 3 scrambled with a titch of milk :)...takes me through til dinnertime, but couldn't have them for breakfast - not while there's dukan porridge on the go :) tis scrumptious!

sometimes on a weekend ill have eggs for brekkie and porridge for lunch ...ooh arent i exciting.

exactly. quick and easy :D

;) thats fine by me :D

LOL - now now ladies, back on topic please!

Re eggs - I have 3 scrambled with a little milk as well - no problems with feeling full, and lasts easily until lunchtime :)

Thanks for the replies ref Oatbran, I'll have to tell my wife as she's having colesterol tested (family history), so might be a useful addition to her diet as well. TBH I really enjoy the bran as an egg-free gallette!

Last 2 days have again been spot on plan (except exercise which I've struggled with as crazy busy working long hours).

Today has bacon for breakfast and out for lunch with work at a very nice restaurant - chicken breast with Chorizo - awesome..... left potatoes, ate spinach and declined desert (what a star).

Might be tempted back out for king prawn & veggies tonight - wonder if i can swing it?

Anyhoo, quick catch up, thanks for the advice etc and see you at weigh-in tomorrow :)

You're absolutely right with the connection oatbran/cholesterol, so it really can't hurt to take some before there is a problem. How high is your wife's cholesterol?

In the recipe thread, first page, you'll see my muffin recipe and photo! I prefer muffins to galettes personally...

Glad you're enjoying the diet, and it is interesting to see how you're managing with eating out... something I'm not very good at!

(oooh I think there's a problem in your stats - unless you're already 20lb under weight!
Start Weight: 286lb
Current Weight: 176lb
Goal Weight: 196lb)

Cheers Jo

I know the stats aren't right - I must update them....

Eating out's not an issue as I'm 'all or nothing' personality (hence weight issues), so when my mind is in the right place good choices come naturally.

Did manage to go to the local for chinese last night and had chili king prawn & stir-fried veg :) Loving the fact we have such a good choice on PV days, although I did slip by having some cashews with the veg.

This morning I tried Dukan Porridge (bran & milk with a little sweetener). Boy does that fill you up, feel a bit bloated tbh but I guess that'll pass.

Weighed-in and week 2 = 4lb loss :)

Back in top of 'allowed box' weight and very happy. Another couple of lb next week before weekend away then a STS following & I'll be very happy :)

Fabulous loss Sean...

Another "all or nothing" food person (like me!). Figures! (Did you calculate your true weight with the Dukan calculator? Did you have problems figuring out the weight at which you could stabilise easily without too much effort? That's the question I have trouble answering, hence I can make my "true weight" be anything I like according to my [fake] answer to that question - never stayed at ANY weight without dieting!! As a fellow previous "hefty", thought you might have the same problem.

Last edited:
I felt like that the first time I made the porridge, it only made a wee bit , I only used oat bran but I was so full after it.

Back