Self Sabotage - Why Oh Why?

Grrrr just binged again My mam brought freddos yesterday(for the kids) I ate the 2 that were left, then tackled the mr kiplings 3 of those and i actually threw the rest out, then some fruitcake with butter What the hell like???? And I had been having a great day snacking on fruit now I've just scoffed down about 40 syns just like that Its star week not sure if thats partly to blame but really I think I just cant have that stuff in the house Oh well its all gone now Gonna have a sw friendly breakfast tomorrow then go shopping for plenty of fruit and veg

Draw a line and fresh day today!
Must be hard not to have those things in the house when you have kids x

Just joining the self sabotage anonymous group:p

Went to ASDA and bought food for work that is all sw friendly, strawberries, salad etc.

Then as well as eating healthy food I've had a binge on chocolate and biscuits! Now oversynned:(
So feeling sorry for myself today:(

I need to find some middle ground and get the balance right. Going to reduce my chocolate intake cos once I start I don't seem to have a stop button. Most of my weekly syns are on it and just not healthy.

Tomorrow I will start a no chocolate or sweeties challenge.

Last edited:
Ooh is there a challenge for that or shall we give it a go ourselves. Does it include alpen lights and crisps or just sweets and chocs?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts' - Winston Churchill

I think this just sums it up really - I posted this on another thread, but thought it would be good to post it on here too.

Ooh is there a challenge for that or shall we give it a go ourselves. Does it include alpen lights and crisps or just sweets and chocs?

Don't think there's one up but think having a challenge where giving up something that we lose self control on would be good. Can't think of a name but might call something like vices challenge. I'm not great at names!

A vice is unique to a person. I can take or leave crisps but not sweets like wine gums etc

I'm so glad I found this thread !
I work in a kitchen as a chef and everyday there are fresh baked cakes /puddings / bread and the like.
I simply cannot resist eating it all :(
It's not so bad in that I know the amount of syns I'm consuming and just don't have any at home but I'm sick of having no self control !
Even if im not hungry I just can't stop eating treats , it's really frustrating me as I have now been on the same weight for about 5 weeks and if I just behaved I would have probably lost another 5lb than what I've lost.

How do you all keep in control and motivate yourselves ?

I think we are struggling which is why bubble started the thread. Planning is definitely key. Not having goodies in the house would help, but I have kids so buy it for them (then eat it myself). Not really sure why I self sabotage but think I get sick of following plan and not seeing a result so think why bother, may as well have what I want. If I could just be patient, I might see a result. I am stuck on my plateau weight and can't seem to get past it.

I have an idea, when im feeling 'the urge' might make a point of having a hot choc. Its sweet and only 2 syns so maybe after 7 in a day i might be sick of it!;)

I'm having hot chocolate tonight after another choc craving. Mmmmm

Ooh just reminded me I have hot choc !!

I've planned my meals using an app (just called meal planner) and I'm hoping having syns spare rather than meals will help. I used the magazines to help plan and we have a 1syn casserole ready in the slow cooker to go. It just needs hot water!

I also tried scan bran cake - not totally foul but needs another go. It was good having a nibbly thing.

Also i've rediscovered meringue nests -2.5 syns and very puddingy with fruit and yoghurt.

I need a better week after a 1.5lb gain!

Feeling focused today. Brought all my chocolate from work desk back home and OH eating them already. They were too accessible and tempting. Gonna ask myself if I really want something before I eat it rather than mindless eating.

Oh no! 3 packs of pops just shoved down my throat as if there was no tomorrow. 12 syns wasted! Why????? I hate me like this!!!

Oh no! 3 packs of pops just shoved down my throat as if there was no tomorrow. 12 syns wasted! Why????? I hate me like this!!!

Aw sorry to hear that but you still within syn allowance. Binge eating is so frustrating! It's hard to get balance as too much restriction leads to binges and just been around chocolate triggers me.

Don't beat yourself up it happens to us all

I'm finding that the sunshine has helped me this week - it helps me to remember that I want to be wearing my new bikinis this year on holiday!! They cost me £70 each so far too expensive to be shut away in my drawer!

I have stuck pictures on my fridge of my holiday destination so every time I go in there I choose something on the plan.
so far I have had no cravings for any sweets or chocs, I actually threw a half eaten box of chocs away on Monday as I am a binge chocolate eater one is never enough so they had to go, I haven't had anything since starting the plan on Friday and use my syns to add to my food.

The warmer weather does help as I enjoy salads. I wanna fit into some nice crop trousers this summer. Think I may have an inspirational photo on the background of my phone and computer ,as will be reminded of where I want to be.:D

Ate 42 syns worth of carte d'or. :cry:

Just had a massive binge, after being so good for a couple of weeks! Actually made me feel unwell, so need to remember that feeling the next time...

Back