Serial Joiner

Hey hunni, shame about the lurgy hanging around :( And that illusive 1/2 pound! I'm sure you'll get it next week. Hope you feel better soon xx

Hey, I'm a serial joiner to... this time my mind is in the right place again.. you have all done so well. I have about 10 stone to lose.
Thanks everyone

Hello again everyone

I hope you are all well. and having a good week.
I lost 4.5 pounds in my first week... I was a bit disappointed but it's star week so I think it's all water (fingers crossed)

How are we all doing.

So I toddled off to group last night, pulled pork with me ready for taster night, totally prepared for whatever the scales were going to tell me. 'I've gained weight' I announced to my consultant and weigh lady. 'You weighed in the morning last week, so don't worry it's to be expected' said my consultant. 'You've been poorly too' said the weigh lady. So on the scales I hop, realising at that moment I have holes in my socks :doh:. 'Well' said the weigh lady 'you've lost a pound and got your stone award' :bunnydance:

I don't feel I deserve it this week, but when I think about it I haven't been terrible. I haven't been following the plan consciously, but my sub conscious took over and I made the best choices possible. I'm feeling much better this week so aside from a couple of meals out, I have nothing to get in my way. My Christmas wish to myself is to get my Club 10 award so with only 6 and a half pounds to go, I think that's more than acheivable. The quarterly challenge is keeping me super motivated too. I wanted to lose a stone but I might review at the beginning of next month and raise my target a bit. I want to strike the right balance of giving myself an achievable challenge without putting too much pressure on myself.

Well done, Kikaroo
Its always nice to have that pleasant surprise. and its good that you have subconsciously choose better, means your changing for life not just to lose weight, so whoop whoop :).
Enjoy your nights out, just remember to count those syns regardless of how many they may be.
im hoping for at least a 3 pound loss this week to take me to 1/2.

Well done!!

Maybe you might find that now you're done thinking about the 1st mark, the 1.5st mark becomes a bit more of an obsession and helps to keep you focused and motivated, but you're doing so well. I wouldn't beat yourself up for feeling guilty about the 1lb loss and feeling you didn't deserve it - you're obviously moving in the right direction and perhaps making better choices than you are giving yourself credit for! Sometimes it's hard to realise how far we have come, when we are in the middle of it but saying no to extra syns or holding ourselves accountable to every syn is huge progress in itself and as Kath says, shows the changes are facilitating a healthy lifestyle, rather than just to lose weight.

Hey blooming well done @kikaroo! :winner: Of course you deserved it! In fact I think you should treat yourself to a new pair of socks as a reward lol! :wee:

Had a bit of a blowout yesterday so SP all week for me now. We went to an all you can eat world foods buffet and I did not behave myself! There was sushi and tomato based pasta dishes but I was on a mission to pile as much beige food on my plate as possible, then I had to try every single dessert going! I can do this though. I've done weekends away and still ended up with a 2lb loss so as long as I'm strict this week, I'll be ok!

Last edited:
Get back on track and all will be fine
I have a similar problem... tonight I have a meal for a friend's birthday at a all you can eat Chinese.. where they cook the food to order... it's amazing and so tasty. definitely having a flexi night for syns.. and hop that weigh in tomorrow will be OK

So... I lost 2 pound last week.. even with Chinese meal out... shows that one day off plan every now and again will not cause problems. so kikaroo I have every faith o you x

Well done Kath! I haven't been super strict, but my meals have all been SP so I should see a small loss tomorrow. I only have 6.5lb to go to achieve my Christmas wish so as long as I lose something every week, I'm happy!

Lost 1.5 tonight so not 5lb to go until my 1 and a half stone and club 10 award. I feel super motivated after tonight's group so I'm aiming for 3 this week. Got a couple of meals out but Its not going to stop me!

Well done kikaroo.
Planning ahead for your meals out and you will be fine..
My sweet tooth is back with a vengeance this week... chocolate chocolate chocolate... Haven't gone above my syns but it's been hard going.

Well done kikaroo.
Planning ahead for your meals out and you will be fine..
My sweet tooth is back with a vengeance this week... chocolate chocolate chocolate... Haven't gone above my syns but it's been hard going.

I know how you feel! I've made my boyfriend hide the chocolate and he rations it out to me so that I can't binge on it!

I've had to do that with the scales. he won't hide the chocolate... I get to grumpy without it hahaha

Well that's a bit of a shock... 4lb off for me making a total of 10.5lb.... hoping to hit and stone this week. i must admit I'm aiming for 2st by Christmas... but we will see
:sw007:

What are you aiming for (if anything)?

That's great Kath, well done! For me it was as expected, I gained 3.5! I'm ok though, I completely sabotaged myself all week.

I've got all this week's meals planned and a shopping list ready to go so I'm back on it!

Hello all...
So I had a awful week (Gilmore girl revival, if you never seen it check it out on Netflix) with much junk food and coffee. I pit on 2lb back on it now though.
How everyone getting on

Hi, following this thread as I'm a serial re-joiner too! But mindset feels so much in the right place. Kikaroo you've done amazingly so far, well done :) I'm currently at the weight you started at - determined to lose at least half a stone before Christmas but if I can get under 200lbs I'll be ecstatic! How's everyone's week going?

Hi @staticrhubarb!
It all seems so much easier when you're in the right frame of mind doesn't it? I've been a bit wobbly for a few weeks and I'm not expecting a loss this week (birthday celebrations & TOTM). Half a stone before Christmas is a realistic target. If I maintain tonight, I need 5 and a half pounds to get my Christmas wish which is my club 10 and 1.5stone award. If I set my mind to it for the next few weeks I can definitely achieve that!

Back