Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

Feeling good. Today's total: Carbs 28g. Calories 850. Protein 52g.

Mood greatly improved, blood sugars stable, gnawing hunger and cravings at peace!

As hard as it is in some ways to get into proper low-carb mode it is, for me, the only true escape from carb slavery. My initial weight loss with TS foundered when I had 'flu and then bronchitis. I did manage to get back into TS but as is always the case when I VLCD my cravings gradually became so much of a problem I knew something would have to 'give'. But I love Exante and I'm very grateful that it's helped me to break the cycle of steady weight regain that was blighting my life.

I hope for a 1-2lb loss this coming Wednesday. More if at all possible LOL xx

@Queen Bizzle:

Women in particular learn at a very early age that to not be conventionally pretty and 'perfect' means potential social exclusion and life-long mockery. Fat is the western world's disease; the more food a country has to offer, the thinner its wealthy population tends to be. Image is all and has been since the 1960s in particular. Women must ideally be thinner than thin. Size Zero says it all!

So we learn self-hatred and self-condemnation very young and carry mostly negative thoughts about ourselves into adult life. Those who are naturally slim or even skinny also face mockery and rejection if they're not considered attractive. It's a harsh world, and the emotional bruises just make us isolate and eat even more. It takes years to change our perception of ourselves for the better.

When we're big we see ourselves as smaller. A survival techique, perhaps? And when superthin we see ourselves as fat. This illustrates how distanced many have become from reality. Fear and guilt crush us and yet they drive our lives. Both control us 24/7. Guilt also sabotages most dieting efforts because when we cheat we immediately 'hear' that old familar 'I'm useless' message. And those old perceptions and judgements are often the kiss of death to weight loss. We have to teach ourselves to value who we are and give haters the two fingers! xx

I heard once

"The diet and image industry is the cleverest ploy to keep women occupied and oppressed. For if their self worth is based on an unattainable ideal they will never know their true worth. The patriarchys biggest triumph."

Last edited:
Cooking a head of deep green broccoli. Will eat it with a bit of butter, salt and pepper. Mmmmm. The simple pleasures of life! xx

Good morning all. I'm up bright and early thanks to my boy cat who cries to be let out from 4am-4.30am every day. My girl cat has come back upstairs to nap at the foot of my bed.

I really enjoyed last night's broccoli. Breafast (any minute now) will be the usual Atkins shake with ground linseed. Having my first meal this early (06.40am) is not always ideal because a long mostly food-less day yawns ahead and I risk giving-in to justified hunger. Hopefully I'll be okay.

Lunch will be Exante choc pudding. Dinner - not sure yet. Supper - likewise! xx

Earlier I experienced an almost forgotten yet unmistakeable sensation - this time, really and truly, I'm going to succeed. I'm going to lose my regain and become slim again. I don't feel all excited and buzzy at this conviction. Rather I feel calm and purposeful. If I ponder it in more depth I almost want to cry. This achievable dream won't come true overnight; the process will most likely take until the end of the year and perhaps longer. So long as I keep majorly restricting sugar I'll also keep losing weight.

Watching ballet on YouTube. Sigh xx

Earlier I experienced an almost forgotten yet unmistakeable sensation - this time, really and truly, I'm going to succeed. I'm going to lose my regain and become slim again. I don't feel all excited and buzzy at this conviction. Rather I feel calm and purposeful. If I ponder it in more depth I almost want to cry. This achievable dream won't come true overnight; the process will most likely take until the end of the year and perhaps longer. So long as I keep majorly restricting sugar I'll also keep losing weight.

Watching ballet on YouTube. Sigh xx

Beautiful post xx

I look forward to being here with you when you reach your goal. Xxx

I hope and pray we all reach our goals! There's so much understanding between us. It's a long hard slog but worth every bit of the struggle xx

This thread has given me so much hope. Thank you xxx

What a touching thing to say, Helen. I am as honest as I can be here and elsewhere because I'm sure countless others struggle as I do. There's no smooth and easy path to lasting slenderness and peace. As with most things in life, the road to success tends to be the rocky one, beset by ups and downs, delays, hitches and slips. But the rocky road also has wee spells of joy and real progress. So long as we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and keep going, we'll make it.

I've had problems accessing this site all weekend. I keep getting a message that says 'DATABASE ERROR'. Ah well, I'm here now LOL.

I'm going to bake a low-carb loaf tonight in my bread machine. I really fancy some 'virtuous' toast for breakfast with a boiled egg or two. It doesn't taste exactly like regular bread but is very close to and makes yummy toast, sandwiches and eggy bread.

Off to read some diary entries now. Hugs and Kisses to all xx

Back