Silver's Diary

all this talk of brunch is making me hungry :D im also going to the states this year .... new york for us :D

Kentucky for me Silver - love brunch too but chinese buffet my favourite and my downfall!!!! So won't happen if not in conso but we will see!!!!! Easy to stick to a chicken salad though as your guys have soooo many fat free dressings!!!! Love that about eating out in the USA however no chicken parmesan or fantastic pasta in your great italian restaurants but a small price to pay for Dukan success!!!!

I've been to new york once, for a week. I've never been to Kentucky.
Actually I've hardly been to any other States. I was never really interested in coming to America to be totally honest lol But I live here now so I might as well do some exploring when I've time.

Really miss home tho. Seattle weather is close to irish weather, but better lol so that kinda helps. Mainly I miss holidays in Italy :p My fav country!

I also really enjoy SS posts! I love the way you recount your days and you really have an interesting life!

To the poster who enquired about quorn "products" - yes quorn is absolutely fine, and you can make all sorts of things with it. The "products" however tend to have not ok for Dukan ingredients so check out the small print carefully if you're buying ready made stuffs...

:)

Day 49

I'm glad everyone enjoys reading these posts :D I thought I rambled too much! :p

Today was a PP day. We had planned to go for a hike today so I had my oatbran with yogurt as breakfast this morning so I could save my eggs to have hardboiled this afternoon.

Sadly James had far too much work to get done this weekend so I call off the hike.
He would have gone, but it would have stressed him out completely in the end.
We just went for a stroll in the dog park instead. The dog parks really are a great excuse to get out. The good ones here a several acres and the dogs are allowed off leash. You get a nice walk and entertainment in the form of crazy dogs and your dog gets to run around and play like a loony pup :chores016:

*That's Rua there in the attachment :D She's got a lil fleece on because she's got very short hair and that photo is from December, in the dog park by James's work. She's a Shar Pei/Ridgeback mix and my first dog :) *

We had lunch before we left the apt. A turkey burger with t bacon and cheese, with my 2 hard boiled eggs on the side :gimi:

When we got home James went back to work and I proceeded to dream about new clothes, window shopping on the net.
I then moved on to looking at making my own clothes and found some great project on this sewing website. Here's one: Drawstring Halter And A Line Dress | How To | Cut Out + Keep
Such a cute dress! And I really want to wear dresses this summer, seeing as I'll, hopefully, have the figure :D There were lots of other really cool ones that were basically big t-shirts made into dresses. I just need to buy a sewing machine! I could do it by hand but that takes ages and I'd get de-motivated lol

Dinner was chicken, t. bacon and crab dry fried together with veg stock thrown in and shirataki noodles added. Threw in some chillis for flavour and a lil kick :) very tasty :eat:

And now it's back to dreaming about clothes and future outfits :p

Oh, almost forgot. Weigh-in day today and I lost 2lbs :woohoo:

Attachments

• WP_000734.jpg
    WP_000734.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 58
Go Rua - she looks like a serious athlete in that fleece!!!! I want your menus Silver - lots of yummy stuff on there!!!! Fat free cheese - yes pls!!!!

SilverSilph said:
I'm glad everyone enjoys reading these posts :D I thought I rambled too much! :p

Today was a PP day. We had planned to go for a hike today so I had my oatbran with yogurt as breakfast this morning so I could save my eggs to have hardboiled this afternoon.

Sadly James had far too much work to get done this weekend so I call off the hike.
He would have gone, but it would have stressed him out completely in the end.
We just went for a stroll in the dog park instead. The dog parks really are a great excuse to get out. The good ones here a several acres and the dogs are allowed off leash. You get a nice walk and entertainment in the form of crazy dogs and your dog gets to run around and play like a loony pup :chores016:

*That's Rua there in the attachment :D She's got a lil fleece on because she's got very short hair and that photo is from December, in the dog park by James's work. She's a Shar Pei/Ridgeback mix and my first dog :) *

We had lunch before we left the apt. A turkey burger with t bacon and cheese, with my 2 hard boiled eggs on the side :gimi:

When we got home James went back to work and I proceeded to dream about new clothes, window shopping on the net.
I then moved on to looking at making my own clothes and found some great project on this sewing website. Here's one: Drawstring Halter And A Line Dress | How To | Cut Out + Keep
Such a cute dress! And I really want to wear dresses this summer, seeing as I'll, hopefully, have the figure :D There were lots of other really cool ones that were basically big t-shirts made into dresses. I just need to buy a sewing machine! I could do it by hand but that takes ages and I'd get de-motivated lol

Dinner was chicken, t. bacon and crab dry fried together with veg stock thrown in and shirataki noodles added. Threw in some chillis for flavour and a lil kick :) very tasty :eat:

And now it's back to dreaming about clothes and future outfits :p

Oh, almost forgot. Weigh-in day today and I lost 2lbs :woohoo:

Love the dress silver x

Isn't it gorgeous siddid! I'm not terribly experienced with sewing, done a few small things, but I'm definitely going to attempt that one :)

I think Rua looks like a rugby player in her fleece, Trudyc :p James says it looks like the Leinster jersey lol.
The fat free cheese is good, a little treat :) It mainly comes in the form of easy singles tho :( we did find grated FF cheddar but it had a very chalky taste. We only really used it in cooking.

Rua is l a lovely looking pooch x The ff Chedder is hard to find or I'm not looking enough, and that's what I want for my summer holls a couple of nice dresses to show my new toned arms, (silver that is wishfull thing on my behalf)

Rua is beautiful, and you're very lucky SS to be able to find fat free cheese in the U.S. Over here, we can find a tolerated one at 3% but it's tasteless so a pretty useless invention!

Having a dog is definitely a good excuse to get out there and get some exercise too!

Well done on the weight loss. You're going great guns. Are people noticing?

You'll be showing off those toned arms in no time siddid :) Bet you anything!

Thanks Maintainer :D I'm very happy with how I'm doing and I'm hoping my new, modified goals will keep me motivated :)

Some people are noticing and some....well they're male so I have no idea if they're noticing or not :p
My personal trainer, my workout buddies and, obviously, my husband have all noticed my slimming :) I'm down 1-3 inches in most of my measurements :party0011:
The rest of our social circle are mainly male and James's friends/co-workers. I've had one or 2 of the closer ones say I'm looking well, in exactly those words lol, and the rest have said nothing :p

But the main thing is that i'm happy. I think I look amazing and I honestly CANNOT wait until I hit target because I'm going to have the body I've always wanted :D Lots of gym work will ensure that!

Day 50

I was just about to go to bed when I realised I hadn't had my oatbran or written this....so now I am doing both :D

Today was PV and I think I had scrambled eggs for breakfast.... ¬_¬ my memory is kinda fuzzy today.

I had my first personla training session in my gym today. Completely forgot where the locker room was but Austin, my PT, pointed me in the right direction. We mainly talked about my goals today and after she had me do some planks, squats and push-ups. She modified my push-up and plank stance so it worked my muscles. Raised my hips a bit, tucked my tail-bone in and lowered my shoulders. Those 3 changes made it feel like I was doing sit-ups and push-ups at the same time. Pretty cool :)
After our time was up I did a half hour of cardio. Wanted to do an hour but I had left my water in my locker and was starting to feel woozy.

I decided to stop by the front desk to grab a class timetable and I saw that they were doing a Biggest Loser comp, with a grand prize of $5K :eek: Yes please!!
Asked about it and unfortunately it started Jan 24th and they wouldn't back-date my weight if I started today. I'd be at a major disadvantage, not to mention it costs $250 to enter :( I did however see the 30 day weigh-in for the contestants and if I'd started with them I'd totally be a very close second now :D So I'm gonna pretend that I'm in the competition and I'm gonna beat them and get myself some sort of treat as a prize :woohoo:

Showered when I got home and had leftovers from last nights dinner with some shrimp and brussel sprouts thrown in.

When my hair was dry I headed out to the pharmacy (drug store here :rolleyes:) and got a prescription filled and a lock for my locker at the gym.
Also decided to check out a shop that sells a clothing brand I like called Skunk Funk. The shop is called Retail Therapy :D And the woman who runs it told me she can get in any of their items for me :) I've a list of dresses and tops drawn up already :D

James was home when I got back. He'd gotten a lift from a coworker. He was pottering away, cleaning the kitchen which was awesome :) And then he proceeded to make dinner. Another one of his super tasty concoctions! It was like a thick soup or stew with BNS as the base and crab, t. bacon, FF cheddar, sweet mini peppers, a tin of tomatoes and some seasoning added. It was amazing! Really thick and some how it felt like I was eating a minestrone with pasta and all! I could imagine being in a cabin surrounded by snow with a huge fire going as I was eating it :character00100: It's left me feeling very sleepy :) And now my oatbran is finished....

Night! :zz:

when guys say your looking well it usually means theres something different about you but i cant put my finger on it lol.... ive a male pal that says your hairs looking nice lol

Day 51

Today was PP day and I had my usual scrambled eggs for breakfast.

I was out the door by 10:20am and into the gym for 10:30am :) I tried out my first Zumba class today and it was alot of fun, despite me being totally uncoordinated :p
That was from 11-12 and at 12:10 I had a 45 min Spin class. My first in almost 2yrs :spit: I was pretty sure I was going to die but I survived. Very proud of that :party0049:

When I got home I was starving so I had lunch of a turkey burger and a salmon burger and some shrimp followed by a large coffee :)
Once sated I had a shower. And thats when the aches set in lol. So I got another coffee and read for a bit. Had oatbran and yogurt as a mid afternoon snack

At about 5 I headed out to collect James and then we went to Costco to grab some shopping.
Got home and I made cod for dinner, with James having leftover BNS soup as a side and I had another salmon burger.

At 8:30 we went to the cinema. James had bought tickets but wouldn't tell me to which film! He wanted it to be a suprise and even made me promise not to look at any signs in the cinema. I didn't know what film it was until the Studio Ghibli logo came up :D I love Syudio Ghibli and it was their new film, "the Secret Life of Arriety". Basically The Borrowers, the book of which I loved as a kid :) It was an awesome suprise :D

So now we're back home again and I'm just writing this as I wait for my gym clothes to finish in the wash. I have a PT session tomorrow with the gym's personal trainer and I have a feeling she is going to whoop my ass! She has this vague "army sergent" feel to her. I'm guessing mercy is not in her vocabulary :hide: Wish me luck!

:zz: Night!

Day 52

Today was a PV day :gimi: I was really looking forward to my veggies :)

Breakfast was scrambled eggs :rolleyes: After that I skyped my parents. I got the usual "well done with your weightloss (but I'll congratulate you properly when I see you maintain it)", "you're doing so much exercise! :eek: you'll be so fit :)" and the ever present "so have you been painting? are you ever going to finish the ones you start.....blah....wasting talent...blah..."
I love em lots but sometimes I feel like they have a favourite hobby -> :deadhorse: :p

I made my goodbyes and ran out the door to my personal training session in the gym. I barely made it on time :( I hate being late!
The session was good. She, Austin, put me through some interesting exercises and kept getting excited by the fact that I'd done half of them before. I guess she's used to starting from scratch with new members :hmm: but I didn't think I was anything special. I could barely do the box jumps she had me doing. Had to mentally psyche myself up for each one :p
One exercise she had me doing was on something called the Versa machine. That was hard! Especailly when she had me do it on the reverse side. The machine is designed to simulate climbing a cliff. It's a slightly tilted centre post with one handle and one pedal on each side. You strap into the pedals, hold the handles and start climbing, kinda like that ladder climbing exercise but off the ground. It's not to bad when you do it on the front side because you're kinda leaning forward but when you're on the reverse...:eek: It's like climbing up an over hang on a cliff! Soooo hard!

When I got home I got a lunch of brussel sprouts, t bacon and shrimp, all dry fried together. After that I headed to the dog park with Rua to meet a friend. She has a GS mix and a Corgi. Both lovely dogs, although the Corgi seem to have a problem with Rua today :confused:
After walking around for an hour or 2 we went back to her apartment for peppermint tea :) I had alot of fun. This was only my second time hanging out with her. I actually met her in the dog park one day and we got chatting :D Yay new friend! :party0049:

I got home pretty late so I did a quick tidy of the apartment before James got home. For dinner I made chicken breast with brussel sprouts, t bacon and sweet peppers as a side. :gimi:
I've just had my oatbran with yogurt and I'm very tempted to go to bed. I've Zumba and Spinning tomorrow morning and walking with my PT.

Oh, I did a sneaky weigh-in this morning and I'm finally under 200lbs! :woohoo:
As of this morning I am 199lbs and 2stone lighter! :party0048::party0011::party0048:

Hi silver, I am new to dukan(started ten days ago) and have just read your diary from the start. I LOVE reading everyones motivational stories. You have done fantastic! Wow 2stone! Well done!! I wish I had your energy for all the excercise! I walk 3 miles minimum a day on school runs but I need to look into doing something more focussed like you I think. Again, well done! X

Thanks Sonya :) I really only started the exercise a few months ago. I found 2 friends who were interested in doing personal training and we got a good group rate.
We're also very competitive :p and we're constantly trying to beat each other. That's a little mini reason for starting this diet actually. They had both slimmed down more than me because I wassn't being carefully with what I ate. I needed a good strict diet :D
And they are also the reason I joined the gym because they both whoop my ass at a lot of the exercises we do. I got em beat with free weights for arms though :D :p

Back