Silver's Diary

Day 34

Found it really hard to get to sleep last night :( ended up heading into the sitting room to watch the city. The sky line is really pretty at night. Fell asleep on the couch at some point and woke at 3am with my two cats curled up to me :) tottered into bed and fell back asleep.
So as a result I slept in this morning and had a late breakfast of turkey mince mixed with onion, pepper, turkey bacon and 2 eggs. Suprisingly nice :)

After, I went to my friends house with Rua for a playdate with my friends pup. Rua tired lil Max out thoroughly :D
Came home, had a late lunch of left over turkey mince and then another friend dropped over for a cuppa and a catch up :)

For dinner we went out with the same friends who own Max. A great sushi place out near their place. I had sukiyaki and salmon sashimi. Also miso soup. I passed up on rice and the complimentary fruit and after dinner mint. Very proud of doing that :) James was having his celebration meal tonight so he partook of everything, lucky sod!

I still have to have my oatbran, so going to grab that now :) All in all a good day :D

I have my weigh in tomorrow and one of my mini goals. I'm not expecting much to be honest. I went up a pound or two after valentines day so I'll be happy to sts or lose at least 1lb :cross:

Day 35

So today was my weigh-in day and, thanks to a lovely Valentines, I gained 0.4lb..... :hmm: worth it.

Once again I slept in this morning. Had a late breakfast of scrambled eggs and ran out the door to the dog park and to drop my hubby off for his football match.
Had a nice walk with the pup and then gave her a good wash down at the Dog Wash :D
Got home at about 3pm and had a chicken breast for lunch.

One of my poor kitties had an upset tummy and couldn't keep down any food or walk. Brought her to an on-call emergency vet place this evening and she was given anti-nausea meds and sub-cutaneous fluids. She's to be kept off food and water for the night and weaned back on in the morn. Fingers crossed its just a 24hr bug. (Yes I know I sound like a parent but these are my first pets as an adult and I dote on them! I don't dress them or anything though...)

After getting Amber back home I drove out to pick up my hubby (his football was by his work so he stopped in there to get some outstanding work done). When we got home he was a star and threw together dinner. He made it taste like a Mak Haani! Thats my fav indian dish! It was lovely! :D

Had my oatbran mixed in with yogurt and some powdered hot apple drink mix. Was soo tasty! :D Like an apple fool

Day 36

Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: Left over "Mak Haani" and veggie burger
Dinner: brussel sprouts and turkeybacon
Oatbran: with yogurt and apple flavouring

Cravings are hitting me hard this week and I'm feeling pretty down.
Fingerscrossed for a good loss this week....if i can stay strong

Day 37

Got up a bit earlier than usual today. Was having weird dreams this morning.

Got a boil egg for breakfast and 2 turkey burgers for lunch.
I was feeling pretty down today and trapped in the city, like cabin fever but on a larger scale. I definitely needed to get out for a while.
So despite the rain I put together some items for a hike, the usual stuff: first aid, plenty of water, emergency food for me and Rua, flash light, thermal blanket and a whistle.....I tend to go over board when I go hiking here because I always assume the worst...and we jumped in the car and drove to Rattlesnake Ridge Rattlesnake Ridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The drive there and back was fun, in a terrifying way, more so on the way back. Washington roads are not designed for rain, which seems pretty counter-intuitive really. There was a lot of standing water and that makes the road markings hard to see. Especially in the dark on the way back....and then there were all the BigRigs on the road...and I'm a fairly new driver... oh and the speed limit is 70mph...and it was windy... You get the picture :character00182:

But the walk itself was great! I'd done that hike before, badly, but I was way better this time :D Set a good pace and got up to the Ledge in 55mins ish.
The Ledge, you can see on the wiki photo, is just above the tree line but below the main, tallest, peak and a lil to the right. It's a further 2.4miles to the tall peak and I will do that when the weather is nicer :)
Rua was really well behaved and, seeing as I was the only one on the mountain, I let her off leash on the way down. She went haring all over the trail, tearing away from me, then doubling back and tearing away again. But she always came when I called and stayed beside me if I instructed her too (until I released her when she'd tear off again :D)
It was getting dark when I was coming down so I jogged the last bit.

Picked up the hubby on the way home and he made dinner, because my legs are aching more then I would expect. I think it's because I didn't wear my orthotics. :( Dinner was lovely. Cod and tilapia fillets and more of the imitation crab mix James makes so well :) Had rhubard for dessert and I'm just about to get my oatbran and head to bed.

I'm feeling much happier this evening and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week now :)

that sounds like a lot of fun.... im hoping once the spring comes and the horses are back out full time that me and the dogs can go exploring again :D

Day 38 and 39

Ooops! Missed 2 days :rolleyes:

So lets see, what did I do....Wednesday I was sore after the hike. James worked from home and it was a PV day. Breakfast was scrambled egs, a veggie burger and turkey bacon.

I don't remember what lunch was...

At 6ish I met a friend for coffee. She had txt me earlier in the day asking if James and I would be interested in going to Whistler this weekend so we met up to chat about that..I had 3 mugs of coffee and she had 2 glasses of wine, lucky sod lol.

Went home, with plans to meet up later, and had dinner. Chicken breast and roast bns.
After that we went to a local arcade. After 10 it's over 18's only and they serve food and drinks. I got a Coke Zero and James treated himself to 2 beers as his gala for the week. Had lots of fun and got home at about 23:30. Had oatbran and went to bed.

Yesterday was PP. I had scrambled eggs for breakfast and ended up leaving the apt pretty soon after to go for a hike with a friend and the dog.
We went up Cougar Mtn and had a nice easy hike.

Got home at about 3 and I had a late lunch of crab and Turkey bacon.
James was playing a late football match after work so I got dinner by myself. Just 2 fish fillets.
I picked him up at 9 and we watched some tv when we got home, while we had our oatbran.

Oh, started watching a new series called the River. It's really good, if kinda scary. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a lil bit of a fright. I'm not good with horror so it's at just the right level for me :D

Im never gonna start a diary after reading yours SS and some of the others, my life is just waaaaay too boring lol

SilverSilph said:
Lol if it makes you feel any better, I'm currently sitting on my ass watching tv, trying to make myself get up and go to the post office :p

Nope that doesnt help at all! Lol coz im sitting on mine contemplating going to bed!!! :D

Day 40

PV day today.

For breakfast I had some mince and veg mix that James leftover from his dinner last night.

Then lunch was 2 turkey burgers.....Shoulda had veg with them but I was in a rush to meet my personal trainer. She was in the city early and asked me to meet up before our session this evening.

We went and had a look in some shops, mainly LuluLemon and Express and I tried on pants in both shops, in a size 12 :D The LL ones were absolutely perfect, maybe even a lil loose :woohoo: and the Express ones I mainly just tried on to see what their 12s were like, as they didn't have any long sizes. I managed to close the 12s, which I'm very happy about, but I was muffining a fair amount so it will be a while before I can buy those.
But coming from the size I was, where the button would pop off a 12 if I so much as looked at it, to actually being able to get into AND close a 12 is insane! I haven't managed that since I was like 13years old! :winner:

After that inspirational window shop I ran home and changed for our workout. We picked up my friend and headed to the 3rd of our lil groups' gym.
My PT had what she called "the workout from hell" lined up for us....and it was indeed hellish.
3 sets of walking lunge lengths x6 (with a pair of 20lb weights)
3-6 sets of burpees x10
4-5 sets of full pushups x10
1set half pushups x50
3 sets of half plank with knee dips x30
3 sets bench step ups x10 (with a pair of 15lb weights)
3 sets (per leg) bench single step ups x10 (with a pair of 15lb weights)
3 sets of shoulder presses x10 (with 12lb weights)
3 sets of chest presses x10 (with 12lb weights)
3 sets of incline flies(?) x10 (with 10lb weights)
3.30min wall sit...it was a comp and I came 2nd, the hikes did me in.

I think that was it....I struggled more than the others and more than I usually would. I think that was due to lack of carbs..

Got home, ran into the shower and was ready to go out for dinner in 30 mins :D
We went to a steak house and I had a chicken breast with steamed broccolli and balsamic apples.....I had a tiny...sigh, 2 tiny pieces of one of the apple segments. I'm disappointed with myself, but they smelt so good! And I had resisted the fresh, still warm, cornbread that they dizzled with melted butter that sat in front of me the entire meal.... :break_diet:

After I headed to my local and had a few diet cokes and now I'm here, just finished my oatbran, writing this entry :)
A good day, expect for my slip up :(

Oh and we saw some poor guy get knocked out cold on the street on the way to dinner. Called ambulance and gave my jacket to cushion his head. We stay until he was safely in the ambulance.
An interesting night

Day 41

PP day today.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and I was supposed to have coffe but I made it and promptly forgot it as I ran out the door to drop my hubby to soccer.

Met up with friends and their pup while James was at soccer and they suggested going for dinner tonight.
I also had plans to go to Stars on Ice with one of my workout buddies so I invited her to dinner too and we made an evening of it.

We went to a brazilian grill and it was the best I've been to! All the types of meat were soooo well done and tasted amazing :D
I was bad and tried the lamb.....and a tiny piece of my friends cheesecake....and the creme brulée....and the papaya cream.....Just a tiny tiny bit of each, not even a quarter of a tea spoon. I was so close to ordering the cheesecake for myself, so close! But after the tiny tastes none of the desserts turned out to be actually that great...I'd like to say that my small lapse has strengthened my will power, because no matter how much I want something it's probably not going to be as good as I'm hoping for

Day 42

Today was PV and I missed breakfast...
Mainly because I didn't wake up until lunch time :eek: I didn't realsie I needed a rest so much. I was dead to the world for almost 12hrs but I feel a lot better now :)

Lunch was brussel sprouts and turkey bacon. After that myself, the husband and the dog went out to Rattlesnake Ridge, despite knowing it would probably be raining.
The good news was it wasn't raining...the UNEXPECTED news was that it had been snowing and there was about 3inches on the ground! I felt like I'd walked through a wardrobe and was wandering in Narnia :D
We had a great hike. Rua loves the snow. She sets it rolling a bit and then pounces on it :p It got quite slippy as we got higher but we reached the top...well the ledge, the peak will have to wait for better weather still.
We had an amazing view from the ledge with the clouds having risen leaving a clear vista in front of us.

The descent was nerve-wracking and actually took longer than the ascent. We really had to pick our path very carefully to stop from going off the edge. I was almost full dark by the time we got back to the car!

Had a lovely warm shower when I got home and then settled on the couch to relax. I am aching from Fridays workout. My butt and shoulders hurt like hell! :( :) I'm going to try get in a lot of cardio this week because I've been neglecting it. No more!

Oh today was my weigh-in too. I lost 4lbs :woohoo: So happy, after my gain last week :D
Fingers crossed for continued loss this week :cross: although TOTM is coming up, so that may not happen.
We'll see :D

sounds fab and well done on your loss :D

Back