Siobhan's Atkins weight loss Journey

Morning
For water - step 1 is always have it hand, then always drink first if you think you are hungry, finally if you like hot drinks (good time of year) find a decaf or non caf tea you like and keep glugging away:)

So I have been back on properly for the past few days and have done a food shop, so have plenty of options in. I'm back to 209.4 so the weight is starting to come off again. It's my 30th in April and I am determined to lose a lot of this weight by then. Hopefully another 2 stone...That'd be good. :)

Another 2.2lbs gone. 207.2lbs this morning. This is why I love Atkins, No waiting around for results...Stick to it 100% and the weight just drops off. :) Annnnnnd, The foods I ate over xmas - (A few choccies, some biccies and some booze) are far less superior taste wise - Best of all, I've finally managed to shift the xmas bloat!!! YAY. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sounds great and well done getting rid of xmas bloat so fast!

Your doing so well. Keep this up and youll be at your goal very quickly xxx

Thanks Tamzy. You're very kind. I thought I'd really struggle to get back on after letting loose a bit over the festive period, but seeing those pounds creep back actually gave me more determination!

Last night dinner was Indian omlette...god, it was amazing. Found the recipe on egg recipes website.

I was so in love with it that I had a cheese and tomatoes omlette for brekkie this morning. Lunch will be tuna mayo salad. Dinner not sure yet.

It sounds like you're doing great! And I think I am going to copy you and do a tuna mayo salad tomorrow - yum! Thanks for the idea. ;)

You're welcome Canadian! I did however, forget that's what i was having and made some homemade kofte kebabs. :) tuna for lunch tomorrow now lol. X

Your doing so well Siobhan! The indian omlette sounds lush. Found one online with tomatoes, chillies and spices it that it or do you use any cheese? :)

Thank you coffeelover we served it with parmesan courgette 'fries' baked in the oven. So we used left over parmesan grated over the top. It was sooooo yummy. Xx

Had mum over this morning, she always brings bacon and crusty rolls with her. I was all prepared and made some oopsie bread last night....me and hubby were amazed at how good it is. My mum was very intrigued when she saw me making up a "sandwich" - she's always so amazed by the creations of the low carb world.

206.2 today.

B: Bacon Oopsie bread sarnie (1.8g carbs)
L: Pepperoni slices, cheese & 50g Cucumber (3.2g carbs)
D: To be decided

Last edited:
Dropped to 203.2 a couple of days ago, but back up to 206.2 today.

Hubby's birthday today and I had a cupcake. I regretted it as soon as I ate it, and it tasted so so sweet, too sweet. I didn't enjoy it.
We are having steak and veg for dinner tonight, with a few glasses of red wine. I know, I know - but it is his birthday lol.

Hoping it's not going to cause too much of a gain.

Less than 3 months now until my birthday...so need to knuckle down after today.

B: Bacon x2, Fried Eggs x2.
L: Chilli Chicken wings.
S: Naughty Cupcake
D: Steak with green beans in garlic.
Drinks: 2 x black coffee, Plenty of water, Wine...2-3 glasses.

Well done keeping focus. Worth having the cupcake so you can notice how sweet it is and how not worth it. Nowadays if I want to cheat I eat half an apple - even that's a bit sweet for me:). Berries and cream are nice though

I totally agree Katie! It really was not worth it. :)

Today I weighed myself, and despite the cupcake and wine and it being TOM I have lost 2.2lbs. I'm down to 204lbs.

I am so determined to get to ONEderland. I weighed 198lbs on my wedding day. Less than half a stone and I'll reach my first real target. I'd be 39lbs down and all my post wedding and baby weight will be gone. I sometimes can believe I am actually doing it this time! I was so ready for it this time.

Money is tight for this last week until payday... :( I am really struggling with cheap dinner ideas. I was just thinking things like pork chops and veg and chicken pieces served with cauli-rice, sausages with cauli-mash and veg.

Brekkies will be omelettes or bacon and eggs. Lunch a simple salad perhaps. it's going to be a pretty samey boring week food wise. Its the only way I know how to keep it cheap.

Any ideas?
X

So yesterday I decided to try on a few of my old dresses. All size 18. And they're too big. I'm really doing it this time! :)

I'm feeling fantastic, absolutely fantastic. I am only now starting to FEEL slimmer after 2.5 off. Clothes are starting to look good on. I tried on a coat in Dorothy Perkins while out shopping with hubby on his birthday - I picked up an 18, that was massive. I put on a 16 and it felt and looked lovely. I've not been a 16 in clothes since 2008. :) I'm starting to really believe I can do this, and can easily be slim for this summer (And the next..and the next...)

Today's weight 202 :) 3lbs and I'm in the 100's. Can hardly believe it. xx

Well done - I think clothes changes are the best victory/result you can get:)

Thank you both x

I agree Katie, I love seeing the numbers come down on the scale and tape measure but the feeling I got from trying the clothes on was brilliant.
I am loving this journey! :)

So, I was just looking at pics last night (I don't have that many of me! Surprise Surprise!) My husband saw the pic of me now and he was saying how proud of how far I've already come and how proud he is that I'm his wife. (He's not said anything like that for years! We've been married 5yrs!) I look at the first pic and can see the bloat, the discomfort, the unhappiness....

Anyway, here's a little comparison. Left before @ 237lbs. Right During @ 204lbs. I'm now 201 today!! Wooooo!

IMAG2066.jpgIMG_20150119_112829.jpg

Back