Slimming world crisps (free on green!!!!)

I have a sharp knife yes lol, some are thin but most are like kettle thicker crisps. Still gorgeous!!

Did we ever find out wether the pasta/lasagne type ones (salted or cheesy) are free or not ... and if they`re not free on green then i dread to think what they are on Red ? ? ? ... I`ve just tried a few (gawgeous by the way) but am having a red day today .. didn`t think about it, a friend made them for me as a treat, and it wasn`t till i`d eaten em that i thought "eeekkk" pasta = green day and i`m doing red .... So someone give me the bad (or good) news pleaaase lolololol !!!

Yeah, you heard right.... I said CRISPS!!

You will need:

• Lasagne sheets (Supermarket's own brand work best)
  • Frylight
  • Salt
Preheat the oven to 200degrees

Boil the lasagne until it is all floppy.

Flop it out of the pan, and cut into squares.

Lie the pasta on a clean teatowel to dry it a bit.

Spray a baking sheet with frylight, place the "crisps" onto the sheet, spray with more frylight and sprinkle with salt.

Bake until the "crisps" snap when you bend them.

NOTE: You can try other flavours like sprinkling chilli powder over them, or stock powder. Try dipping them into 1tbspn of Heinz Tomato Ketchup (1syn) or some home-made veggie salsa (free!)

Enjoyyy - they are SO BLOODY GOOD!
heard that they arent free as the food is being not used as a free food like you would use it if doing a lasagne,but im not sure

Def not free. Could you munch through 6 sheets of cooked lasagne as it was meant to be and then eat dinner . . probably not but turn them into crisps and you could munch away easily whilst cooking dinner and still not be full up x

They used to be free but they're not anymore but can't underdstand why. I still had good weight losses when I made and ate them, so I still have them and don't count them. I'm a rebel!

I love these...crunchy salty goodness, yum. I used to have them about once a week on green days with my HEXB houmous and they never affected me. I'm gonna make some tomorrow!

I think in moderation they aren't too naughty..I find them way more satisfying than say, pringles too, a couple of sheets is more than enough.

Hi

Sorry, i dont understand. How can they used to be free but not anymore???? and how can they not be free if pasta is free??

Help :wave_cry:

Think about it this way - if you were not on SW would you have ever dreamed of sitting down and chomping into lasagne sheets as a snack? Of course not! Lasagne sheets are intended to be eaten as part of a main meal along with veg so that you do not over-consume them. But turn them into crisps and it would be very easy to scoff your way though loads of sheets just as a snack and really add to your calorie intake without thinking about it. So to discourage us from doing this SW decided to make then synnable.

we made these in school years ago as a cheat way of making healthy crisps so yes i would sit down to a bowl. In a lasagne i would use 3 sheets of pasta for my portion, thats equal to 6 crisps, so if i eat 6 pasta crisps thats the same amount as i would have with my veg etc, are they then syn free?

No afraid not, because they are a snack and not part of a main meal.
That sais I think you just need to use some common sense - if it is once in a while and doesn't affect your losses then fair enough. But if you are having them every day as an alternative to a packet of crisps then it can become a problem.

righty i see. I am having them tonight as a starter kind of thing then an hour ish later i wil be having pasta bake, i dont think they will be doing to much harm but if i had them all the time it would be no good!

we made these in school years ago as a cheat way of making healthy crisps so yes i would sit down to a bowl. In a lasagne i would use 3 sheets of pasta for my portion, thats equal to 6 crisps, so if i eat 6 pasta crisps thats the same amount as i would have with my veg etc, are they then syn free?

Think about it like this, compare how much a lasagne would fill you up using the same amount of pasta, to how much the crisps would fill you up. I can pretty much guarentee that no one would get the same filling satisfaction from the crisps as they would the lasagne. It is common sense really.

As circes pointed out, if it is a once in a while thing and your weight loss isnt affected then I wouldnt worry to much.

But I personally dont like to tweak the plan and if you are doing something that SW doesnt advise, then this isn't really sticking to the plan 100%.

Last edited:
The reason they aren't free is that you can over eat on them without feeling full ..... You wouldn't sit and eat 2 jacket spuds but, cut them up and make them in to crisps you could easily eat that and more!! Also if you are doing this other than meal times it's a lot more calories you're consuming. So I would say if eaten as part of a meal it would be ok but not in between meals. Fruit and juice is the same you would eat 1 apple? It takes 4-5 apples to make a glass of juice and you can effortlessly consume it without feeling as though you've had anything other than a glass of squash. Basically these are empty calories! :)

I joined club last night and my Consultant was talking about these, she thought they were definitely FREE on Green (not sure about the other plans as I only do Green) :)

I have just bought one of the potato slicer things with the microwave ring and you can make crisps in the microwave. Hubby misses his crisps so although it cost a £5 from Ebay I thought it was worth it... We tried it with one little spud and it took about 10 mins, sprinkled some spices/salt on and he had a little snack.. Might try it with a bigger spud but if potatoes are free on EE I cant see what harm it can do, if he has a smaller portion at tea time he can have it without worrying... I think its better to have something you miss in small portions than going hungry. We have also got a popcorn maker and throw in a small handful of popcorn and he has something to nibble on.. saves him eating cheese and biscuits at night.

I have just bought one of the potato slicer things with the microwave ring and you can make crisps in the microwave. Hubby misses his crisps so although it cost a £5 from Ebay I thought it was worth it... We tried it with one little spud and it took about 10 mins, sprinkled some spices/salt on and he had a little snack.. Might try it with a bigger spud but if potatoes are free on EE I cant see what harm it can do, if he has a smaller portion at tea time he can have it without worrying... I think its better to have something you miss in small portions than going hungry. We have also got a popcorn maker and throw in a small handful of popcorn and he has something to nibble on.. saves him eating cheese and biscuits at night.

That's a good idea, might have to get myself one of those.

I just made the lasagne crisps with salt, pepper and smoked paprika ... pretty yummy actually!

Back