Slimming world & the Gym ?!

You should try and measure your waist, hips and arms with a tape measure. You'll probably find you're losing inches just not weight!! Which is definately better on the eyes!!! ;) x

Yes true, I'm going to start having a weekly measure. And focus on that. Everyone can see my body and not what the scales says so I guess that's more important. :D

Yes true, I'm going to start having a weekly measure. And focus on that. Everyone can see my body and not what the scales says so I guess that's more important. :D

Good on you. Well done. I always keep my measurements too as this is really what matters and mater weight etc and certain times of the month you can be heavier! :) x

I used to go to the gym a lot and like you said you arent losing weight, neither was i but i was def using inches so def measure yourself and i am sure you will see a difference xx

Really do stick it out! I have been at slimming world for 11 months now, and I go to the gym 3-5 times a week (depending on how I feel!) and in the beginning I barely lost anything. Even recently...from August 12th to yesterday, I have only lost about 7lbs but I have lost 15 inches from various different places. You will thank yourself when you get to target and you are toned as well as thin! xx

Your muscles hold water to help repair them after working out so you really need to drink 2-3 litres of water everyday. General rule is weights first then cardio to burn fat but I do:
10 minutes rower
10 minutes bike
20 minutes light weight training
10 minutes stepper
10 minutes cool down on the treadmill

3 times a week plus a Saturday morning class and since doing this everyone notices I've dropped a dress size but I've only lost 3 pounds!!

Strong is the new skinny! X

I know which I'd rather have :)

Stick at it-the scales will catch up xx

Attachments

• image-1748795198.jpg
    image-1748795198.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 1,906
Those pics are amazing, I definitely would much rather have the muscle :p

I like that 'strong is the new skinny', it's a good mantra to remember when in the gym and the scales don't seem to appreciate the effort! after all exercise is good for us. :)

This is an interesting post. And I see the logic - even though it flies against the face of everything we "know"

Exercise boosts the metabolism? It seems the reverse might be true | Dr Briffa's Blog - A Good Look at Good Health

I think this helps prove what I have tried to do all along my weight loss journey, that exercise (and this goes for everyone), is 80% what you put in your mouth. I follow SW completely but a lot of people don't realise that if you eat large amounts of carbs and do an hour's exercise a day, you won't lose much weight if at all - you will only help your fitness. HIIT and lifting weights, in my opinion, is the best way to lose and stay toned...I am proof that this works as I have really toned up over the last 4 months. xx

I measured myself for the first time in a few months, following really slow weight loss since august, and I have lost 11 3/4 inches! So gym is great even if you aren't seeing the losses. xx

Thanks everyone. The support here is fab. Def going to stick at it. I was just having a moment and worrying!! :)

Back