Slimming world & the Gym ?!

Very interesting thread.
I joined the gym last week too. Because for me this weightloss experience is for my overall health, well-being and future. I want my organs to be healthy and work as best as they can, as well as wanting to look great in a bikini, lol!

Anyway in my first week I did 'total body tone' classes and my food was immaculate. Went to weigh in on Monday and the result was that I stayed the same. I was absolutely gutted.

This week I have ditched the toning class and I am focusing on running on the threadmil for as long as I can and mixing it with fast walking, then about 10 mins on the bike and then 10 mins on the cross trainer. In a few weeks time I will start to incorperate some light weights and make it a 40 min work-out that works for me! 3 times a week is perfect for me too.

Here I am again, food completely on plan - feeling food, and I am just hoping and praying I won't be disappointed at weigh in on Monday.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS!

Only thing of note, I was in AGONY after the total body tone class. The class itself was tough but I was 'able' for it. But after... omg after!! Initially I was in bits and couldnt even lift my handbag. it was embarrassing. The next day was 10 times worse and I couldnt stand up or sit down without being in extreme pain. I assumed the day after that it would be a lot better but no the worst was to come. 2 days after the class was the absolute worst. Then it got a little easier. Done another class then and was in agony again that night, but the next day wasnt as bad.

After just doing the threadmil on Monday I felt good. Tired and achy legs but not in complete agony. Can anyone shed some light?

also, some of you are saying the weightloss sort of stops for a few weeks. Does it then resume at the pace it was always at?

Thank you in advance :)

Its called DOMS delayed onset muscle soreness i think or something like that. You should stick with the other classes as it will go away after a couple of weeks and is perfectly normal. Ive had pain when ive been weight training for days after when i first started and get pains the day after, but not in a rearly bad way.

Thanks Craig! I think I'll stick with my own plan for a while as it will be a nice mix, and see how I get on. I want to sweat and burn calories rather than tone of build muscle at this time.

OMG your weightloss is incredible! Do you have a food diary? How long has it taken you to lose 13 stone? That is amazing. You are such an inspiration!

When did you start exercising? Do you think you would have gotten to where you are now without it? You must feel absolutely brilliant!

Well done :D

Yeah the pain is normal, the more your fitness increases, the less sore you will be. I lift heavy weights and hardly get sore now, bit tight, bit tense, but no pain now. I do think everyone is different though regarding the weight loss. I always lose every week and I do 5 days, so might be more about what you are eating. Great start though and keep at it, you won't regret it. xx

I measured myself for the first time in a few months, following really slow weight loss since august, and I have lost 11 3/4 inches! So gym is great even if you aren't seeing the losses. xx

You've lost a foot in a few months. lol

Here is a pic of me to help anyone with motivation and worries about the gym. 5 months gym, 4-5 days per week, lifting heavy and varied workouts. I have lost inches and am still a stone and a half to my target weight but I already feel I look much more toned. I have adjusted the contrast in the pic so you can see the definition of the muscles better xx

image-2365290977.jpg

Here is a pic of me to help anyone with motivation and worries about the gym. 5 months gym, 4-5 days per week, lifting heavy and varied workouts. I have lost inches and am still a stone and a half to my target weight but I already feel I look much more toned. I have adjusted the contrast in the pic so you can see the definition of the muscles better xx

View attachment 70615

oh my god, thats fab! Well done! :)

View attachment 70615

That is amazing set of muscles there. It can be very very hard to see muscle definition, even with a small amount of body fat. That is really good. I am looking at your abs and thinking that you need to not use BMI to determine your weight. You have a beautiful muscular body and thus it does not accurately determine if you are over weight or not.

I'm not just trying to be nice, BMI is not accurate in your case.

That is amazing set of muscles there. It can be very very hard to see muscle definition, even with a small amount of body fat. That is really good. I am looking at your abs and thinking that you need to not use BMI to determine your weight. You have a beautiful muscular body and thus it does not accurately determine if you are over weight or not.

I'm not just trying to be nice, BMI is not accurate in your case.

Gazter :D thank you! On my facebook there was a girl who was saying my muscles are just scary and it made me feel as if I wasn't feminine and kinda put me on a downer. I am the most feminine girl out there but if I was going to lose this weight I wanted more than just weight loss, I wanted to be really toned with muscles. The gym is really addictive! :D Thank you so much for the feedback. I will lose another stone and take it from there, it might just be enough. I hate BMI anyway! :D xx

Don't worry about what horrible people say, I think you look great. Are you happy with your body? That's what matters most of all

Gazter :D thank you! On my facebook there was a girl who was saying my muscles are just scary and it made me feel as if I wasn't feminine and kinda put me on a downer. I am the most feminine girl out there but if I was going to lose this weight I wanted more than just weight loss, I wanted to be really toned with muscles. The gym is really addictive! :D Thank you so much for the feedback. I will lose another stone and take it from there, it might just be enough. I hate BMI anyway! :D xx

But you are posing in this photo, the intent of the pose is to intimidate and make you look as muscular as possible, which is why body builders use it.

Trust me, those abs and arms look good enough to tickle!

But you are posing in this photo, the intent of the pose is to intimidate and make you look as muscular as possible, which is why body builders use it.

Trust me, those abs and arms look good enough to tickle!

Haha exactly, I don't look that muscular normally...was just after a sesh :D LOL tickle!! :D xx

Back