Slinkydawg's mainly red dairy - 3rd attempt

The girl did good yesterday. I did sneak a handful of maltesers last night but other than that i was completely on plan, with extra strawberries too!

Tuesday 31st July - Extra Easy
B: banana, strawberries
S: mug shot
L: salad with spanish omelette
S: grapes, yog
D: out for dinner at hungry horse. Not sure on my best options there. Maybe the new york chicken but to leave the chips.
HXA: the cheese on the chicken if thats what i have (plus more syns)
HXB: cereal bars

So, of course, i messed up again last week. and yet again, im starting afresh today.

Monday 6th August - Extra Easy
B: 30g bitesize shredded wheat and skimmed milk (HXB and 1/2 HXA), banana
S: melon
S: apple
L: prawn salad
S: pineapple
S: apple
D: bacon, beans, egg, mushrooms and onions and staffordshire oatcake (no idea of syns but hopefully ill just have that as my syns today)

Hey noticed from the title of your diary you do some red days :) could you tell me the amount of potato your allowed as a hexb on a red day? I'd love some chips with my evening meals! X

Hey noticed from the title of your diary you do some red days :) could you tell me the amount of potato your allowed as a hexb on a red day? I'd love some chips with my evening meals! X

Yeah, its 198g of potato, but you need to keep the skins on for it to count as a HXB, because of the fibre in the skin. Im trying extra easy for the time being but im still finding that most of my food diaries tip towards red and i have chips with my evening meal at least half the week. I wouldnt cope without my actifried chips.

Slinkydawg said:
Yeah, its 198g of potato, but you need to keep the skins on for it to count as a HXB, because of the fibre in the skin. Im trying extra easy for the time being but im still finding that most of my food diaries tip towards red and i have chips with my evening meal at least half the week. I wouldnt cope without my actifried chips.

Thanks! Gonna make some this week! Really want an activity but so pricy at the moment! ....so gonna have to attempt to make sw chips in the oven!

It's Friday and I've done really well so far. I don't feel like I've lost anything but I've certainly got my head in the right place lately. It's not weigh in til Monday but of course the weekend is already tempting me. I've hardly felt the desire to snack since Tuesday and when I have I've talked myself into strawberries or melon with yog. Today I turned down a sausage cob in favour of a banana and then a chip cob in favour of a jacket spud, prawns and salad. Just had my hxb in the form of 2 cereal bars. Off out to a party tonight and hubby is trying to persuade me to get takeaway afterwards. I'm hoping to convince him to go for Chinese rather than the pizza and kebab he keeps salivating over!!

Ok, so we did end up with takeaway and a pretty heavy weekend foodwise, but ive lost 1lb this week which i guess im pleased about after the weekend.

Monday 13th August - EE
B: mini max (B) with skimmed milk (A), banana, apple
L: salad with egg, new potatoes and salmon
S: yog, melon, grapes
D: pete's peanut curry with rice, mushrooms & onions
S: yelow plums

Mmm your dinner sounds soooo nice :drool: I would literally kill for an actifry! They are fabulous aren't they xx

My days are just so hectic at the mo. I'm struggling to stay organised but I've managed to stay on track the whole week, never going over approx 10 syns. I'm not feeling like I've lost anything though but fingers crossed. Got a day out with friends and kids tomorrow so hoping I don't scupper my hard work before wi on Monday. Can't be bothered to update my food but I've been good anyway.

Slinkydawg said:
My days are just so hectic at the mo. I'm struggling to stay organised but I've managed to stay on track the whole week, never going over approx 10 syns. I'm not feeling like I've lost anything though but fingers crossed. Got a day out with friends and kids tomorrow so hoping I don't scupper my hard work before wi on Monday. Can't be bothered to update my food but I've been good anyway.

Hope you have lost come weigh in Slinky!

Only 1lb lost this week. Bit disappointed but will continue. went on a canal boat yesterday with a bunch of friends and all our kids. Was a lovely day, lovely weather, no arguing - a miracle with 6 kids under 6. I didnt even eat too badly either. Back to plan today though.

Monday 20th August - EE
B: 2 alpen light (B) - warmed in micro and toppped with muller yog, apple
L: 2 WHITE ham cobs (leftovers from picnic yesterday - cant stand waste), crisps (thats all of todays syns though)
S: strawberries, melon
S: yog
D: sirloin steak, actifried chips, mushrooms and onions in a creme fraiche sauce, peas

Slinkydawg said:
Only 1lb lost this week. Bit disappointed but will continue. went on a canal boat yesterday with a bunch of friends and all our kids. Was a lovely day, lovely weather, no arguing - a miracle with 6 kids under 6. I didnt even eat too badly either. Back to plan today though.

Monday 20th August - EE
B: 2 alpen light (B) - warmed in micro and toppped with muller yog, apple
L: 2 WHITE ham cobs (leftovers from picnic yesterday - cant stand waste), crisps (thats all of todays syns though)
S: strawberries, melon
S: yog
D: sirloin steak, actifried chips, mushrooms and onions in a creme fraiche sauce, peas

It's a loss! I'll be happy if I lose just one this week!

Ended up HAVING to go to the pub for dinner last night so wasnt really on plan at all, then my neighbour bought me over a bowl of homemade apple crumble, so i HAD to eat that. Back on track today - again.

Tuesday 21st August - RED day
B: 2 alpen lights (B), warmed up, with a muller yog on top
S: apple, grapes
S: tinned mackerel in sauce
L: bacon salad, 2x mini babybells (A)
S: strawberries and melon
D: steak and actifried chips (B), mushrooms and onions

Wednesday 22 august - red
B, bacon, egg, tomatoes
S, mini max(b)
L, prawn salad
S, jam tart
D, fish pie (3 syns), runner beans and broccoli

Feeling a bit rough and washed out today hence me reaching for a jam tart already. Hope I start to feel better soon, as I've got my 5 year old having a friend round in a min, and my 3 year old to entertain.

Hope you're feeling better soon hun xx

Back