Soup

I have a surplus of cherry tomatoes, so does anyone have a recipe to use these please. I was thinking of a tomato soup, thanks in advance :)

In answer to my own question I had a go and this is what I did
Tomatoes, carrots, swede. Spray a baking tray with frylight and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Tranfer to a saucepan and add 50ml of chicken stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Then blitz and add potatoe powder to thicken and season with chilli powder and taragon. :)
Hope you enjoy :)

Hi, Im new to this group, I joined slimming world last January and to date have lost almost 4st (yayyyyy). In our group everyone is making what we call speed soup and not sure have I got the exact recipe here but this really is great, after almost 9 months I lost 5.5 Ibs last Tuesday and this was my second biggest weight loss and I put it down to the soup, here it goes:

Ingredients

2 large leeks
4 medium carrots
2 medium parsnips
1 red, green and yellow pepper
1 medium onion
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans (I love the hot and spicy one as it gives it a big kick)
1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
Handful split red lentils
2 vegetables stock cubes
Good shake of mixed herbs
Salt and pepper

Method

Chop all vegetables and place in a large pot, mix with all other ingredients
Cover with water, bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are soft
Leave chunky or blend

How do you transport your soup to work?
I love the sound of home-made soup, but not sure on the best way to take it to work... That's what is putting me off making any for lunches.

I got a sistema soup cup its fantastic!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Rebekah, I'll look for one at the weekend.

Was wondering could you bring soup in a flask

A favourite in our house at the moment is this soup. If I have done the working out right I think this is free on Green Days?
My other half likes his hotter so I put in more chilli flakes in his portion. We make up extra then put shredded chicken in and freeze for curry night on Fridays :)

Indian Tomato Soup

1 onion roughly chopped
1 garlic clove
1 tsp garam masala
1 pinch chilli flakes
400g tin chopped tomato
500ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp red lentils
1/2 bunch corriander (chopped)

Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes then add the rest of the ingredients (minus the corriander). Bring to the boil and let simmer for 20 mins. Add the corriander and cook for further 3 minutes.
Either blend using a hand blender, or we transfer ours to the processor and blitz until smooth.
I also add fat free natural yoghurt to mine.

I have accidentally brought to many sweet red peppers. Has anyone got a soup recipe I can put them in. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I made a soup last night inspired from an old SW soup thread I found on here. It contains peppers so might work for you michedea41. The recipe is:-

3 cans peeled plum tomatoes (or you could use peeled fresh ones if you have them)
1 large red pepper (a couple of sweet red ones would be nice in this too)
1 red onion
1 stick celery
1 carrot
1 pint vegetable stock
Handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp sweetner
Salt and pepper

I used fry light to sweat the onions, peppers, carrot and celery for 5 minutes before chucking everything in a slow cooker and leaving it on low over night. Pulsed it with a hand blender this morning and had a bowl for lunch. It was delicious with a slice of wholemeal bread!

I love making soups, but i'm often pushed for time so I buy the prepared veg from the supermarket, put it in boiling water with some stock cubes, and add Barley - i think the Barley's my fav bit, sooo filling and Yummy :)

YELLOW SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM - Serves 6

2.5 Syns per serving

2 medium onions, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. olive oil - 12 Syns
500g yellow split peas
500g piece of lean smoked gammon, all visible fat removed
1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme and a few thyme leaves to serve
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. coarse black pepper
4 level teaspoons wholegrain mustard - 2 Syns
2 litres of water

Chop the onions and celery, finely. Crush the cloves of garlic.
Heat the oil in a casserole, add the veg and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
Rinse the peas in a sieve under running water and add to the casserole, along with the 2 litres of water, gammon, thyme and bay leaves.
Bring the contents of the pot to the boil, reduce the heat to low, put the lid on and cook for one and a half hours.
Remove the ham from the pot, discard the bay leaves and any herb twigs.
Shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, wrap in foil and keep warm.
If a smooth finish is wanted, blend the soup in a food processor. Stir in the black pepper and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Pour the soup into warmed soup bowls, add a handful of the shredded meat and dot the tops with the mustard. Sprinkle with some fresh thyme leaves and serve with a HEX chunk of crusty bread.

I love free soups for keeping me going between meals especially now the cold weather is here
(yes it gets cold here in N Egypt !)

CHICKEN CHILLI SOUP - Serves 9

Syn Free

400g skinless, chicken breasts, diced
1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
1 small onion, diced
40g frozen sweetcorn
2 x 400g tins kidney beans, rinsed and drained
400g can chopped tomatoes
200g passata
300ml hot chicken stock
Half a dessertspoon chilli powder or, to taste
Half a tbsp. dried parsley
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
Quarter of a teaspoon cayenne pepper
Quarter of a teaspoon of ground cumin

Spray a large pot or pan well with Frylight. Heat over a medium-high heat.
Cook the chicken pieces, peppers and onion until the chicken is brown and the peppers, just tender. Stir occasionally.
Stir in the sweetcorn, kidney beans, tomatoes, passata and stock.
Season with the chilli powder, parsley, garlic, cayenne and cumin.
Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

Chocko1, that sounds lovely, I think I may make this and it sounds like something you could eat when your peckish

Soup is like a revelation to me at the moment - I never knew it could be such fun - has anyone seen the little bags of soup ingredients on sale in Asda at the moment?

I bought a leek and potato and a spicy butternut squash and they are both gorgeous! The bags have all the chopped up ingredients including herbs etc that are needed for syn free soup, just chuck in a pan, add water, boil and whizz up - hey presto 20 mins later gorgeous, thick, tasty, warming, filling soup - great for food in a hurry!!

WG x

I'm not usually a big fan of soup but we've made this Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup a few times recently and it's delicious.

1 Pack Bacon with fat trimmed off and cut into pieces (or however much you want)
1 Onion
2 Garlic Cloves (we use the frozen garlic cubes)
1 Red Chilli (again we use 1 frozen chilli cube)
1 Large Butternut Squash cut into cubes
1 Litre Vegetable Stock
Thyme

Fry the bacon pieces in a large pot and then remove them from the pan.
Fry the onion for a couple of minutes then add the squash, chilli, garlic and thyme with the stock.
Bring to the boil and then let simmer for 20-30 minutes (until the squash is tender).
Blend using a hand blender and then add the bacon pieces back in.

I also like this simple Tomato & Red Pepper Soup

1 Bag Cherry Tomotaoes
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
500ml Veg Stock
Mixed Herbs/Oregano

Chop Peppers and Onion and place all veg on a baking tray.
Roast in oven for 25-30 mins.
Add veg to pan with about 500ml stock (not quite enough to cover all veg).
Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins.
Blend together and add mixed herbs or oregano and season to taste.

You can also seive the mixture to get rid of the seeds etc before adding the seasoning/herbs if you like a smoother consistency.

Sorry if this has already been posted but in group someone was taking about making soup with a tin of mushy peas has anyone done this? What else do I need to put with it,

Back