Sparty's recipe and food diary

Red Day

image-609135105.jpg

Don't that look yummy!!!!

I roasted the lamb chop in the oven on its own - not even seasoned lol. Then I part boiled some sweet potato (hexb) and carrots and put them in an oven dish with some peppers, garlic and thyme and a few spritzes of fry light. Boiled up some broccoli and steamed some courgette and voila!! :) 3 syns for gravy and the rest is free

Last edited:
View attachment 61674

Don't that look yummy!!!!

I roasted the lamb chop in the oven on its own - not even seasoned lol. Then I part boiled some sweet potato (hexb) and carrots and put them in an oven dish with some peppers, garlic and thyme and a few spritzes of fry light. Boiled up some broccoli and steamed some courgette and voila!! :) 3 syns for gravy and the rest is free

*picture a beagle with a jumbone*
Nom nom nom :D

Red Day

Well last night my bf cooked dinner and it was SW friendly (although he didnt realise that at the time). We decided to have spag bol as we had some french stick to use up and my bf wanted to make some garlic bread with it. He asked me for a jar of bolognese sauce but i told him i didnt have any so just throw in some tinned toms. Then I started 'wondering' aloud what veg I should try and have with it....he looked a bit confused at having veg with spag bol but I just told him I had to have veg with every meal. So I ended up with spag bol - made with green peppers and mushrooms in it - petit pans (which are a bit like a short round courgette about the size of a new potato) and a side salad....bless 'im!

Mince
Onion (diced)
Green pepper
Mushrooms
Tinned tomato
Fresh basil

Cook all of these together in a pan and serve with side salad and pasta.

Cook the petit pans on a griddle with garlic butter (3 syns) and parsley.

Last edited:
Red Day

image-1525761715.jpg

Fish day today! :)

I par boiled the veg (sweet potato, carrot and parsnip) and then roasted in fry light with some petit pans. (see yesterday's post)

I baked the salmon in the oven with a hexa of Philly light on top with a sprinkle of parsley. Leave it in for about 15 mins.

Chucked in a bit of broccoli to go with it too :)

Mmmmmm

Last edited:
If I dont post a pic then its because I am so hungry that I can't wait to eat it and pile it all on the plate lol. The pics are for when I am feeling a little more restrained hehe......I have to admit though I am running out of ideas so will have to get hunting for some different things for next week.

Fajita's for tonight I think - which will make the bf happy. I am restricting myself to one wrap though (a WW one) and I will eat any extra meat mixture I want with my salad.

Red day

image-2339820181.jpg

Here is tonight's offering.

2 x nu me sausages from morrissons (1 syn each) cooked in the oven with fry light. Cabbage, broccoli, carrots and parsnips cooked as per usual and sweet potato mashed (3 syns for the amount I had) topped with gravy (2 syns)

Mmmmmmmm

Last edited:
image-1296829996.jpg

I made this for lunch tomorrow because i am going to give a green day a try - so thought I would upload a pic.

image-2214695331.jpg

It's a colourful veggie quiche - recipe on the slimming world website. Syn Free

Basically it's courgette, aubergine, peppers and red onion roasted off. Then eggs whisked and mixed with cottage cheese and poured over the top. Then stick it in the oven for half an hour.

Last edited:
Green day

image-4269398944.jpg

Chicken and roasted vegetable lasagne.

cooked chicken breast, cubed
various roasting veg (incl some whole garlic cloves)
tin of tomatoes with herbs
pack of Colmans Instant Cheese sauce (38g pack - 8 syns)
cheddar cheese (hex a)
6-7 lasagne sheets (hexb)

1) Roast the veg for 20 mins (I used courgette, red onion, sweet potato, aubergine, red pepper and orange pepper drizzled with balsamic vinegar)
2) Put the chicken and tinned tomatoes in a bowl and microwave until warmed through
3) Make up the cheese sauce as per instructions on pack

Spray a lasagne dish with Frylight. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the the chicken/tomato mixture and mix. Spoon into bottom of dish. Top with 3 lasagne sheets. Spoon all of the roasted veg over the lasagne and top with the remaining sheets. Pour the cheese sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until golden brown on top. I served with extra roasted veg and cabbage.

It works out as 2 syns per piece!

Last edited:
Green day

image-3957216234.jpg

Feel quite chuffed about this one :) looks all posh!!

It's a pork medallion with a slice of black pudding in the middle (2 1/2 syns for the pork and 4 syns for black pudding). I cooked this in the oven dish for about 20 mins. In the meantime I made some mash and cabbage and mashed them all up together with a bit of salt and pepper.

For the sauce I chopped up mushrooms and spring onions and sautéed them with some wholegrain mustard, a veggie oxo cube, salt, pepper and some boiled water - and a little dash of white wine (5 syns). Then I boiled up some parsnips and carrots to go with it. Mmmmmm

Last edited:
Green day

Turkey breasts with mushrooms and bacon.

I laid out some bacon (2 syns) and put the turkey breast (hexb) on top. Then I sliced a mushroom and laid it along the length of the turkey and wrapped up the bacon. I put this in the oven to cook and meanwhile I made some rice and peas and veggies.

image-1715251010.jpg

Last edited:
Red day

image-3163749911.jpg

Ok I'll start with the easy bits. All the veg cooked as per usual. I made a simple white sauce (5 syns per packet) and added some fresh basil and a drop of fish sauce.

The parcels are prawn and poultey (a white fish a bit like Cod) cooked in the sauce and then wrapped in full pastry sheets (6 syns per sheet). I used the extra sauce to drizzle on top.

Was a nice change to my usual dinners - I miss pastry!!

Last edited:
Hi Emma :) here's another one for you.....

Red day

image-4070108425.jpg

This is beef steak cut up into chunks and fried off in fry light until browned. Then I chopped up red pepper, aubergine and courgette and fried it all off until the veg was a bit soft.

Then I put some Thai green curry paste in - a had a one portion sachet which was about 2 tablespoons of paste (to share between 2 of us so two syns each) and 2 hex a of Philly (again shared between 2 of us so one hex a each) mix it all through with a drop of water to make it a little runnier and it's done! I also chopped up a small green chilli to give it a kick but you can leave this out if u want.

I just served with vegetables - broccoli, courgette and aubergine.

Last edited:
No pic of yesterday's meal as it was nothing spectacular to look at. I chopped up 1.5 red onions, 2 parsnips and about 6 carrots and boiled it all up with one veggie stock cube, salt, pepper and corriander leaf til it was all soft. Then I blitzed it with my hand blender to make a yummy soup. This made 2 decent sized portions so I have some for lunch today too :)

Nice and easy roast today. Minced lamb with mint rolled into a swirl (the butcher did this for me) it's wrapped inside a bit of fat but I'm just cutting this off once cooked - just using it to hold the meat together in the oven. Served with broccoli, carrots and roast potatos.

image-285373681.jpg

Back