Step 1 Sole Source Stacey's journey to 10st! Time to get healthy - Newbie here, all support appreciated!

Hi, just been reading your diary and really enjoying it, well done on getting to day 6, you've done amazing!

I think walking is fine when your on ss but anything more energetic then u need to have another shake.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow

Vanessa xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks lovely! Yep I feel the same, I might make walking a part of routine in the coming weeks. Congrats on your weight loss so far! You're doing brilliantly, what step are you on?
x

Well.....I've supposed to b on ss but some days I'll have an omelette just to take hunger away and so far it hasn't really affected my loss. But I went out Friday night and ate and drank for England, put a pound on!

Back on it again now though and now having a hot choc mint shake mmm!!

Can't wait to hear your wait loss tomorrow....

V x

That's quite good to hear about the omelette actually! When you eat and then go back to SS do you still get the headaches like the first few days because you've come out of ketosis? Also well done on only 1 pound gain after a cheat night! That's pretty good going! Thanks me too! My WI is at 5.30 so I'll come on here shortly after :) xx

No it's mainly the first week it's bad. I just look at it as ss+ wen I eat and it's only a few more calories! I think we forget how little we consume and then eat something that we're allowed to eat and beat ourselves up.

Yeah think I escaped that weekend v lightly, lol. I need to stick to it this time as I know I can get the weight off quickly.

How much all together to u want to lose

V xx

Oops yeah I'm at college til 7, but will have a sneaky look online x

Oh that's good to know, I'm not sure how long i'll be able to do SS before I go on to SS+, I'm just going to take it a week at a time. I want to lose 5 stone all together however getting in the 13's then the 12's etc.. will be really exciting! x

Yep best way to think, I just wanna get into 12's on Monday again then I'll focus on next weigh. I take it one day at a time and feel a real achievement if I succeed! Once u get passed this week u won't miss food xx

Absolutely :) Whens your next weigh in?

Monday 2.30.

I can't even keep my eyes open but kids still up lol! That's the hardest thing on first week too tiredness, keeping just etc.

V x

Ah okay, I know the lack of energy at the moment is a bit of a problem. Find myself losing concentration at work towards the end of the day!

x

Right, I'm off to sort kids out and go to bed!! Lightweight I know lol!

Good luck tomorrow, don't drink anything about 2 hrs before as u retain it lol!

Xx

Hello!

Just wanted to say good luck and keep focused.

I was over 15 stone in 2011 and I lost the odd stone here and there until June 2012 when I did 7 weeks SS with Cambridge. It was not fun and it was very difficult but it absolutely did the job! I was 10 stone by September 2012 and I then lost a further stone by calorie counting / no snacking and moderate carbing! I've been at my goal weight of 9 stone 5 ish for about 19 months now.

The best advice I could pass on to you would be to start planning your maintenance now. Decide how you'll keep this weight off once you've lost it. It's what has made all the difference to me and the reason why I've not put the weight back on. ( I am strict during the week, I eat three times a day and never snack and come the weekend I eat whatever I fancy. Combined with regular exercise, this does the trick )

I lived on the mint crunch bars, mint choc and fruits of the forest shakes and err that was it whilst doing my 7 weeks. If you stick to it 100% and don't cheat, you will be 12 stone something in May, no problem at all. And the time will pass regardless of whether you're dieting or not so may as well make the most of it.

Do shout if you want any hints or tips. I became quite the expert in those 7 weeks : )

Right, I'm off to sort kids out and go to bed!! Lightweight I know lol!

Good luck tomorrow, don't drink anything about 2 hrs before as u retain it lol!

Xx

Haha okay goodnight, thanks for the tip! xx

Hello!

Just wanted to say good luck and keep focused.

I was over 15 stone in 2011 and I lost the odd stone here and there until June 2012 when I did 7 weeks SS with Cambridge. It was not fun and it was very difficult but it absolutely did the job! I was 10 stone by September 2012 and I then lost a further stone by calorie counting / no snacking and moderate carbing! I've been at my goal weight of 9 stone 5 ish for about 19 months now.

The best advice I could pass on to you would be to start planning your maintenance now. Decide how you'll keep this weight off once you've lost it. It's what has made all the difference to me and the reason why I've not put the weight back on. ( I am strict during the week, I eat three times a day and never snack and come the weekend I eat whatever I fancy. Combined with regular exercise, this does the trick )

I lived on the mint crunch bars, mint choc and fruits of the forest shakes and err that was it whilst doing my 7 weeks. If you stick to it 100% and don't cheat, you will be 12 stone something in May, no problem at all. And the time will pass regardless of whether you're dieting or not so may as well make the most of it.

Do shout if you want any hints or tips. I became quite the expert in those 7 weeks : )

Thank you so much for this. I want more than anything to get to my target and maintain it for ever! You're an inspiration and thanks for sharing this is why I love this site! I love the mint choc shakes too, soup and porridge isn't my thing so I'll probs stay on the shakes and then when I can introduce a bar a day I'll have one of those too. I've never been this motivated before and I think getting through this first week was a huge step. Hopefully good result tomorrow will set me up for the rest.

I'm in this for the long haul so be prepared for some questions when I'm feeling low! xx

p.s it's my 23rd birthday in may, if I am 12 stone something, that will be the best present ever!

I couldn't bear the soups ( chalky, powdery aftertaste ) or the porridge. Bars and shakes all the way. I used to tip shake powder into a bowl and add just enough water to make a thick paste which I'd then eat with a spoon. Mad - but I had to EAT something. Other nights I'd tape my mouth up with Sellotape. You can imagine the looks my family would give me but honestly, I was so desperate to eat I had to do something to concentrate my mind : )

I wanted to do 12 weeks but 7 weeks was my limit. I just couldn't carry on but i lost over two stone in those 7 weeks so it definitely works.

I'd also recommend not guzzling loads of water. There really isn't any need to drink more that 1.5-2 litres a day. Any more and you're just over working your kidneys for no reason.

You'll easily be 12 stone something by May. It's perfectly do able if you don't cave. I made a list during week one of all the things I'd do once I'd lost weight and was properly slim... I just couldn't imagine being a size 8 or 10 - it didn't seem possible to me! My list was things like ... Wear a vest top, wear a belt, never wear a pair of leggings again etc etc and it really helped keep the focus. Maybe try something like that?

Oh my goodness im looking forward to when I can have the bars, just chewing something would be good! The lsit thing is a good idea, I live in leggings and skater dresses would be amazing to be able to wear a vest top and skinny jeans :)

Also thanks for the water tip, I was worrying I wasn't drinking enough with 2-2.5 ltrs a day! xx

Leggings and skater dresses are my everyday 'uniform' too. I do wear skinny jeans but always with my bum and belly covered! Will be AMAZING to be able to wear tops that don't have to cover things up!

I also feel really motivated to do well. I am hoping by losing weight quickly, it will keep me commited!

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments last night they really helped. SO had my first weigh in today and lost 8lbs! Proper chuffed :) xxx

Omg Stacey that's fab weight loss!! How u feeling xx

Thank you! Good about the WI hwoever have a shitty headache at the moment that's trying to spoil my happiness! How was your day?

Back