Stapo60 Diary of The Slimming Year.

Excellent! well done 5st in 14 wks is crazy!!! Well done you :D

That must of took real determination.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Your losses are AWESOME - totally pulling 'Biggest Loser-esque' numbers - am v. jealous!

Well its satdee morning and time for that weigh in, and I can report a loss of 4.5lbs.
woohoo, my exact requirements to reach my 5 stone total in 14 weeks. Thanx to everyone for their positive thoughts and a special mention to Suseka for positive vibes :vibes:eek:f a 4.5lbs loss. Amazing.
Is she a witch (LOL) :D.

Ahaa, now that shall be my secret (mwahahahaha).

Well done you for hitting that 5 stone marker :party0049::party0049: you deserved to be well chuffed with that matey.

lovinthesummer said:
Excellent! well done 5st in 14 wks is crazy!!! Well done you :D

That must of took real determination.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Cheers lovin
I was so big I knew I needed to do it, so it's just blind faith. Head down n get on with it.

Thanx again x

What a fantastic loss - thats amazing :)

Well done

KnitNat said:
Your losses are AWESOME - totally pulling 'Biggest Loser-esque' numbers - am v. jealous!

I am pleased to please you.
If u know what I mean (lol).
Don't b jealous just do the same. U know u can

It's Sunday morning and I treated myself to a couple of glasses of wine, last night after reaching my 5 stone target.
It can't do any harm.
And this morning I am wearing a rugby shirt that I haven't been able to get into in 4 yrs.
Which is nice lol .

Week 5 of my Exante journey, and things are going well. A loss of 17lbs so far despite Xmas.
So am doin good and feelin good.

“You're a big man, and your out of shape.
But for me it's a full time job.”

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs, wk 3 -0.6lbs, wk 4 -10lbs, wk 5 -4lbs,
wk 6 -5lbs, wk 7 -3.5lbs, wk 8 -2.5lbs, wk 9 -6lbs, wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs, wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas), wk 13 -6lbs, wk 14 -4.5lbs,

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done
Next target is to get into the 21’s.
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

Last edited:
......and this morning I am wearing a rugby shirt that I haven't been able to get into in 4 yrs.
Which is nice lol .

That's great - feels fantastic when you can do that. I'm looking forward to a whole new wardrobe when I reach goal - yes indeede.

Cheers Suseka, I am planning to search through drawers and wardrobe for more new/old clothes to retry on. Lol.

Ok my 2nd delivery of Exante products arrived this a.m. and for those keeping up, they will know I have been trying different water flavourings with some very different results.
The Exante blackcurrant flavour is VERY good. I had tried the orange but found it rather weak. So am over the moon to find an Exante one thats Good.
Hope this helps...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You're a big man, and your out of shape.
But for me it's a full time job.”

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done

Good to hear it. Should make it easier to keep up your water intake. I've never much liked water flavourings and I'm not hugely keen on plain water either. So I tend to drink more tea (such as redbush, or peppermint, or other leaf type teas). I know plain water is best - but I just can't drink 2 - 3 litres of it..no siree.

That is a fantastic loss...I'm doing this with my OH and have just told him how much you have lost...this is only our second week but hearing about you has really helped him...well done

No problems Purple, we are here to help each other along the way.
Mine is a long journey and I'm not half way yet, so I will be here for a while.
Good luck

Yeh, but you are going great guns and dropping stones at quite a pace chappy :D

Suseka said:
Yeh, but you are going great guns and dropping stones at quite a pace chappy :D

Oh suseka thanx for your support and thoughts.

Wasn't sure were to start with this, but here goes.
A couple of weeks ago I was getting a muscular ache around the shoulder area so went to visit my GP. He was very nice and congratulated me on my current weight loss etc. Then issued me with a presciption for my shoulder. The tablets worked wonders and the shoulder was as good as new within a few days.
However, after a week I was feeling nauseas bloated. Now having been on a VLCD for 15 wks I was pretty sure I knew how my body felt ( and something wasn't right). I decided to jump on the scales a day early and nearly fainted. The scales showed that I had gained 5lbs (Yes gained 5lbs).
My head went up my backside, depression set in, as I tried to work out what had gone wrong. I decided it must be the scales, so off to Boots I went. Jumped on the scales and waited for the printout (a gain of 6lbs) things were getting worse. So I racked my brains trying to work out what was going on.
I was using a different water flavouring but everything else was regimented except for one other thing. Those tablets for muscular aches.
One internet search later and I have found a forum full of people with weight gains due to Naproxen
rapid weight gain during naproxen use - Topix
It would appear that Naproxen encourages the body to retain water, and in my case as I was drinking 6-8 pints a day, I have a weight gain of 5lbs this week.
This is a warning to other dieters as Naproxen works brilliantly as pain relief, but the water retention is depressing.
Needless to say I am no longer using them and will put up with the pain.

What a nightmare :eek: Hopefully you'll drop those extra llbs quickly though and I hope the ache around your shoulders is much better now. Good luck for a decent WL on saturday, but if it's not as good as you want, the next week should be a whopper (once that water gain has left your bod).

It's such a pain when sick, coz it's difficult to find any medicine that you can take on a VLCD without it having an effect, such as you've experienced - or kicking you out of ketosis. Pah!

Thanks Suseka for your support.
I am thinking of moving my weigh in day to Friday, as it was last Friday that I discovered the Naproxen episode (and stopped using them) I have a print out from Boots with my weight on.
So I will be able to compare the difference over a week (Lord knows how long it takes to get the Naproxen out of my system)
but wish me luck.
I will let you all know tomorrow how I get on (legs fingers and eyes crossed).

:eatdrink051:

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
wk 15 +5lbs (NAPROXEN)

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done undone