Starting again - need to do this for my wedding!

sounds good :)
im getting married in a church in Southampton and having my reception in the new forest x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah lovely :) I’m getting married in Greece (Rhodes), can’t wait! Just over 4 months to go til we fly :)

Monday 20 January 2014

Breakfast
Magic porridge (made with porridge oats (HEXb) and a vanilla mullerlight), with sliced banana and mixed berries

Lunch
Peri-peri Mugshot
Jacket potato with 4 x light Laughing Cow triangles (HEXa)
And for my superfree.. well the OH decided yesterday he would buy a melon and a pineapple and strawberries and we'd bring some to work every day - so I've had a nice big tub of that :)

Dinner
Stir fry - chicken, egg noodles, lots of veg, soy sauce - all free

2 x Mikado sticks - 2 syns
6 cadbury mini eggs and 1 chocolate - 8 syns

Total syns = 10

Last edited:
Tuesday 21 January 2014

Morning all! I’m feeling quite determined today! I did just have a little blip at work, it’s someone’s birthday (again) so yet more cake (again) – last time I managed to resist but today I was kind of talked into it! (You know, “oh go on, you can’t do it 24/7, you need to treat yourself a little bit”, etc etc!). Argh I feel so weak now! However I did cut the tinest sliver of cake ever to keep the syns low. I looked it up and it said based on 6 portions (it was a coffee cake) it was 14.5 syns per portion (!). Well I had about a quarter of a slice, it might even have been less it was that thin! Which works out to just over 3.5 syns so I’m going to say 4 syns to be on the safe side.

We’ve got a joint of beef in the slow cooker for dinner tonight so that’ll be free. OH bought some really nice looking packs of Mediterranean vegetables and one of Spanish style potatoes from Asda to go with it, they have dressings so will have syn values but I’ve looked them up in advance – the med veg is 5.5 syns per pack so half a pack for me will be 2.75.. I’ll say 3 for that. And the Spanish potatoes are 6 per pack so another 3. So oops there’s my 10 syns already, no more treats for me today!

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix and skimmed milk (HEXa and HEXb), with sliced banana and mixed berries.

Mid morning - cake = 4 syns

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans, the fruit salad (watermelon, pineapple and strawberries)

Dinner
Beef (free) with the spanish style potatoes and mediterranean veg, there was actually loads of it so I only ate half of what I was going to (I think each pack was 2 servings so I had half a serving of each if that makes sense), so 3 syns altogether rather than 6.

Snacks
'wee bonnie oatbakes' out of graze box - 5 syns
2 mikado sticks - 1 syn

Total syns = 13

Last edited:
Ended up having a not so great day yesterday. The traffic on the way home from work was awful and I'm not the most confident driver anyway since my accident so that was a bit crap. Then went to pick the kids up and my daughter had had an accident (she's really struggling with 'toilet issues' at the moment!) so that delayed me even more and it was gone 7pm by the time I got home. I'm normally in the gym for 7:30pm but I still had to cook dinner, get the kids to bed, sort their lunches for today etc. I wouldn't have got home til about 9:30pm and would have still had all that to do so I didn't go. I was so annoyed with myself though. I'm going tonight instead and then will still go tomorrow as normal. I'm just worried now that changing my gym days (to tonight and tomorrow instead of last night and tomorrow) will affect my weight loss on Friday weigh in now!

Just to add to things though, when I got home my wedding shoes had arrived (I found them on eBay brand new for a bargain price, exactly what I wanted), tried them on - they don't bloody fit. Finally, my OH annoyed me which sent me over the edge lol! So when I saw my graze box had arrived (I keep forgetting to cancel it) and it had the 'wee bonnie oatbakes' in it (cheese/chive biscuit things with caramelised onion dip - my fave!) I was that stressed out I just ate it. 5 flippin syns arrrgh. So I was so annoyed with myself, determined today will be a better day!

I said I was going to shake things up and eat different stuff for breakfast (I kept having my healthy extras for breakfast, either weetabix or porridge, milk etc so decided to have my healthy extras at a different time of day for some days) so have done it a bit differently today. I doubt I'll do it many days though because I do like my weetabix or porridge with fruit!

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs and baked beans
1 banana

Lunch
2 ryvita with light laughing cow triangles (healthy extras a and b), 100g pack of tesco barbecue chicken (0.5 syn)
Muller light with mixed berries (free/superfree)

Dinner
syn free chilli and rice

Snacks
2 mikado sticks - 1 syn
cup of Cadbury highlights - 2 syns
Galaxy caramel cake bar - 6 syns

Total syns = 9.5 syns

Last edited:
HTS. Good luck xx

I had a sneaky weigh last night (argh I know, slap me!) and the scales are showing 1lb loss so far – 10st 13.5lb! Which takes me to my first mini goal of getting into the 10st bracket! Just hope that still shows on proper weigh in Friday morning, and maybe another lb too :) I went to the gym last night as I didn't go Tuesday and then I'm going tonight too. Pleeeease let me have a good loss tomorrow!

Thursday 23 January 2014

Ooh not long til weigh in! Sooo hope I see good results tomorrow! I'm going to do my measurements tomorrow too as it's been 2 weeks since I last did them. How is everyone else doing? xx

Breakfast
Weetabix, skimmed milk (healthy extra a and b), sliced banana

Lunch
Mugshot (free), Muller light toffee yogurt (can't work out whether this is free or 0.5 syn so I'll say 0.5 syn to be on the safe side!)

Dinner
About 2 thirds of a cheese & broccoli pasta n sauce (free) about 4pm - needed food before I went to the gym!
Small bowl of leftover chilli from last week (I'd frozen the leftovers - was yummy) about 9:30pm (also free)

Snacks
Wonka Millionaires Shortbread chocolate bar - 10 syns

Total syns = 10

Thursday 23 January 2014

Ooh not long til weigh in! Sooo hope I see good results tomorrow! I'm going to do my measurements tomorrow too as it's been 2 weeks since I last did them. How is everyone else doing? xx

Breakfast
Weetabix, skimmed milk (healthy extra a and b), sliced banana

Lunch
Mugshot (free), Muller light toffee yogurt (can't work out whether this is free or 0.5 syn so I'll say 0.5 syn to be on the safe side!)

Dinner
About 2 thirds of a cheese & broccoli pasta n sauce (free) about 4pm - needed food before I went to the gym!
Small bowl of leftover chilli from last week (I'd frozen the leftovers - was yummy) about 9:30pm (also free)

Snacks
Wonka Millionaires Shortbread chocolate bar - 10 syns

Total syns = 10

Sounds like a good day :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

OMG OMG I lost 3.5lb! Weight is now 10st 11lb! That's 8lb gone since start of January! I'm soooo made up with that! I now have only 1st 4lb to go til my goal :) I'm going to do my measurements today too and see how they compare to 2 weeks ago.

I just want to note my measurements from 2 weeks ago, so this is what they were on the 9th January:
Waist - 32.5in
Hips - 44in
Upper arm - 12in
Thigh - 25in

:D *happy dance*

Friday 23 January 2014

Not been very good at getting my superfree in the last few days, hadn't been shopping so run out of most things!

Breakfast
2 x weetabix and skimmed milk (HEXb and HEXa)

Lunch
Pasta n Sauce - Cheese, Leek & Ham (1 syn)
2 mikado sticks (1 syn)

Dinner
Mushy pea curry - did slightly differently, left out the chickpea dhal (couldn't get any at Asda) and added a bit of fat free Greek yogurt when it was done. It was YUM and completely free!

Then a Malteaster bunny - 8 syns
1 ferrero rocher - 2 syns

Total syns = 12

Saturday 24 June 2014

This was a bit of a horrible day, I had to take my mum to take her cat to the vets and it didn't end very well, though we were expecting it to be honest. They had 2 cats, Skye who they've had for a while then Bella who they've had for a couple of months. They found Bella in their back garden, she'd crawled into my 10 year old sister's play house and was pretty much near death when they found her, they could't trace an owner so they took her in. She was quite old and poorly but such a lovely cat. After a trip to the vets and a nice few meals in a warm house it did her the world of good and she's been OK until the last week or so when she's been a bit off her food etc. Friday she just lost the use of her back legs completely so we took her to the vets on Saturday and she had to be put to sleep. My mum and sisters are gutted, well I am too. It was the best thing for her but still really sad. So anyway yep I didn't get time for lunch and then in the evening, I was meant to be going round a friend's house but didn't feel like it after that so my OH said let's just get a takeaway and watch a bit of Breaking Bad. So it all went to pot really and we had an Indian takeaway, I dread to think how many syns were in it. I was OK last Saturday after that pizza and still lost weight so I'm holding out a little bit of hope that it'll still be OK but we'll see I guess. There was a LOT lol. Just need to stick to plan 100% this week and see what happens. Do you know what though I don't even care, I'd had a rubbish day and it was a bit of comfort food - OK using food for comfort, not always good but oh well it made me feel a bit better and I'm not going to make a habit of it. So...

Breakfast
2 x weetabix and semi skimmed milk (HEXa and b)

Lunch - none

Dinner
Indian takeaway - Chicken Korma and rice, chips, naan, popadoms, the works really!
Few spoons of Ben & Jerrys ice cream (OH ate most of it though lol)

I did manage to keep away from the alcohol though despite the wine in the kitchen (that's been there since xmas taunting me) being very tempting! So I've still managed to stick to my vow of no alcohol in January!

Sunday 25 January 2014

Breakfast
2 x weetabix, semi skimmed milk (HEX a and b), sliced banana

Lunch
Scrambled eggs and baked beans

Dinner
Roast beef, mash (small amount of butter so 1 syn), 1 quarter of an Aunt Bessie's giant yorkshire (I've bloody done it again and not realised how many syns that would be! 15.5 for a whole one so 4 syns, argh...) lots of broccoli and carrot. Little bit of gravy, 1 syn.

And I made the homemade ferrero rochers earlier - OMG I'm so glad I found this recipe as I LOVE ferrero rochers. Unfortunately they are so bloody moreish I've eaten about 6. 1 syn each so 6 syns.

Total syns = 12

I haven't been to the gym today either as I had a busy day, not been since Thursday so I'm starting to feel panicky and fat LOL. :D I'm definitely going tomorrow! I've got visions of stepping on the scales on Friday and being back at my start weight, I really feel like that with the amount of food I've eaten. Back on it 100% now. xx

Argh, I didn't add my food on here on Monday and now I can't remember what I had! I know I stuck to plan though. Dinner was spaghetti bolognese (free - SW recipe). Yesterday's below:

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Breakfast
Weetabix, skimmed milk and sliced banana (I'm such a creauture of habit with breakfasts lol)

Lunch
Mugshot and half a 200g pack of my fave barbecue chicken! (0.5 syn)
Fruit salad (melon, strawberries etc)

Dinner
Mushy pea curry and rice (free)

Snacks
After lunch I had a Borders butterscotch & pecan biscuit - 4 syns
After dinner - slice of Cadbury triple choc roll - 8.5 syns

Total syns = 13

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and at the moment I've stayed the same. Hopefully I can get a bit off before Friday! I'm off to the gym tonight and tomorrow night, went on Monday too and I've been sticking to plan to fingers crossed!

Breakfast
Porridge with skimmed milk and mixed berries (HEXa and b, superfree)

Lunch
Batchelor's mild curry deli box noodles (1 syn)
half a pack barbecue chicken (0.5 syn)
Muller Light greek style coconut yogurt (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Diet coke chicken with mash, teeny bit of butter (1 syn)

Snacks
Pack of maltesters 8.5syns

Did an hour at the gym after work.

Total syns = 11.5

Last edited:
Back