Starting the Harcombe diet!! Anyone else out there on it or have any advise?

Ginabeany

Silver Member
Hey All!

I am getting married next year and this has really given me the kick I need to loose the weight! Although I am not heavily overweight, I am overweight for my size as I am only 5ft. At the moment I am 10 stone 4 and really want to get under 9 stone!
I was researching to start (another!!) new eating plan and stumbled across the Harcombe diet which looks quite doable! Normally i dont eat huge amounts, but the choices I do make are never the good ones, I love eating out for meals and I love snacking on naughty things!!
I am on day 2 of Phase 1 of the diet and already feeling :(...the only thing keeping me going is thinking of the (hopefully) great results I will get!
I also go to the gym for fitness classes 3 times a week minimum so I hope this will help also! I am just sick of lasting at something for a week or so then falling off the wagon! I just really want to stick at this long enough to get results! At home and on a day to day basis, although hard, i think I will be ok. My struggle will be when I am out with friends, eating and drinking alcohol :(...my friends will be supportive but i think I will struggle with willpower, and also, knowing the best choices to make when I am out?

if there is anyone out there in the same position as me, or already on the diet, or fancies joining in, please do!! More the merrier to help eachother!! :D

Hello!

I hadn't heard of the Harcombe diet - just had a VERY quick look and it looks hard to me but I love my carbs :p

Hope someone who will be able to help with choices etc comes along soon

Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Thank you! I am on day 3 and I won't lie, this phase 1 is hard, it is very low carb and low everything to start!! As this phase 1 is a 5 day kick start, after then I can start enjoying more dairy etc. I wanted to hold off weighing myself until the end of the week but I have weighed myself and have lost 4 pounds! So it really is working. I am someone that loves my food and do love carbs but I think I am sick of just trying hard and seeing no results, so fingers crossed I can stick at it!! :)

Have you seen a diet or weight loss plan you might do bluebell? I hope you find something that suits you :)

Day 5 and I have lost 5 pounds!!

Wow! Well done for sticking with it. I am doing Slimming World, lost 6.5lb in week one only half a pound this week but had 2 terrible days so not too stressed about it. In London 4 days next week though which is always challenging..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow well done! That's a great loss to start with! Sometimes it starts well then the weight loss slows down but it's not always about the numbers, as long as you feel good that's all that matters! With any special events or trips the best thing to do is just make good choices out of whatever food is available rather than completely depriving yourself! :)

Thanks! How is everyone else doing with their diet/weight loss plans? I do find it extremely hard sticking to anything but this time I am really trying. It's just having the willpower!

I'm doing ok, struggling a bit but more because I cant be bothered to cook this week for some reason. Not being naughty though so just taking it a day at a time and not getting worried if I have a bad day/week.

Yeah that's the best way to be, I had a few glasses of wine with the girls and I thought, I am not going to panic about it, just stayed on track with eating well and I'm still loosing weight so I think the odd treat is deserved! Are u following a plan or diet or just generally eating well?

I am on slimming world and i love it. The odd blip is fine. I used to get myself into the mentality that if i had a bad day then that was it and i'd just start again after weigh in but now i just get back on track. One bad day/morn/meal isnt the end of the world and getting back on track is better than waisting the whole week :)

Omg yes I was exactly the same, I would have something naughty in the morning and think, well iv ruined it now, might as well eat what I want and start again another day. Like u say the power is having that odd treat, but carrying on eating well after. Oh yes I have read about sliming world, it has the red and green days I think :)

Yeah, i follow the Extra Easy plan on slimming world. Lost 4lb this week and in total in 3 weeks i've done 9 and a half pound. My goal is to loose half a stone a month so finger crossed :)

Back