Starting Wednesday - Advice please!!

In all honesty I really like the chicken soup when I eat it with a LOAD of mushrooms

Maybe ill do that. Planning on having the macaroni and cheese with veg to bulk it out :) I'm excited, just really hope I like it x

Sorry to hijack, but I found out just yesterday that I have pco (no idea if its the syndrome as well) oh and an endrometrial polyp. I am already blessed with my children so that isn't a worry (sympathies to those that haven't been so lucky though), but I do wonder to what extent pco affects weight loss or gain? I wondered if perhaps you could direct me to some online articles.....?

Hiya, I also have a possibly polyp but it's not confirmed. When I found out I just googled like mad. There's a section on here just for PCOS, might be worth looking in there. I don't know of any specific articles though unfortunately x

Check out the Verity website - they have a really good discussion board, you'll find everything you need to know about polycystic ovaries on there. I've only got one ovary left now (I lost the other one at 20 to a 2lb dermoid cyst), and have 2 endometrial cysts on this in addition to pcos, lots of small fibroids too. Having done everything under the sun I definitely think that low carb suits pcos very well so S&S is pretty much perfect :). Sarah-Lou - get an hsg done before a lap, you might not need the lap if the hsg is clear, only takes 20 mins to do as an outpatient appt :)

Well day one, meal one. Having the sweet porridge and I love it. Was expecting a chemically taste but it actually tastes like porridge. That's going on my list!!

Sarah-Lou - get an hsg done before a lap, you might not need the lap if the hsg is clear, only takes 20 mins to do as an outpatient appt :)

That's my first choice but the last consultant I saw last January said I might need the lap anyway because of some damage I might have thanks to my delightful ex husband who couldn't keep it in his pants :( Gonna push for the hsg first though, not keen on the idea of a lap.

Well day one, meal one. Having the sweet porridge and I love it. Was expecting a chemically taste but it actually tastes like porridge. That's going on my list!!

At least you manage to make the porridge. Every single time I try to make it I do it wrong. I've wasted about 5 packs

sarah lou we are both on the same weight and heading for same target :) i weighed in at exactly 14st this morning ..13s here we come!! Re: the porridge i love it and the oatmeal, i have it every morn and sometimes in evening too yum yum, abigailsweetie i have left the porridge in the microwave too long before and watched in horror as half the pack over flowed all over microwave...i could have cried, try to measure out water with proper measuring jug , maybe experiment with using a little less and use a very deep container and as i do now, stand guard watching it in microwave and stop it when it rises lol

sarah lou we are both on the same weight and heading for same target :) i weighed in at exactly 14st this morning ..13s here we come!! Re: the porridge i love it and the oatmeal, i have it every morn and sometimes in evening too yum yum, abigailsweetie i have left the porridge in the microwave too long before and watched in horror as half the pack over flowed all over microwave...i could have cried, try to measure out water with proper measuring jug , maybe experiment with using a little less and use a very deep container and as i do now, stand guard watching it in microwave and stop it when it rises lol

I'm probably half a stone heavier than my stats because I've only been online on my phone so haven't updated it. Am hoping on weigh day next Wednesday ill be in the 13's :)

I find the porridge easier on the stove. It has been grainy a couple of times when nuked so I don't bother doing it that way any more.

Well I've tried it in the microwave at work and it just was disastrous. Because I leave for work at 7.30 I always try to eat after this so was trying to have it at work. Might just have to have it in evenings and reverse my day!

Well day one done and was a success. Enjoyed the porridge, loved the almond bar and the chilli. Crispy choc shake was ok, had worse and was definitely edible. And I only felt hungry for about 20 minutes all day. Am now having a soak in the bath with a big glass of water (used to be wine....) while oh has his tea ;-)

Oatmeal is lovely. Another one for the list!!

Cottage pie looks like cat sick. Has totally put me off and I'm dreading the next five days in case any of the other meals are so horrid :( have got a latte shake for breakfast in the morning. Does anyone actually like them?? I had one on Cambridge and it was vile!!!

The cottage pie doesn't look great - but it tastes ok and it's nice to have something a little potato like after you've been low carb for a while! The other meals are very different so don't worry. My personl fav is spicy spaghetti.

I really didnt enjoy it. I lived the chilli though. I've got the spaghetti, macaroni cheese, curry and some soups left.

The mac cheese is more like a sauce than a meal as such - I'd suggest that you have it with some veg - such as cauliflower. The chilli con carne is another one of my favourites - I let it sit for a couple of minutes after I've added the boiling wat and before I cook it to make sure that the kidney beans aren't crunchy... Enjoy!

Cottage pie is great jazzed up with a bit of black pepper, crushed chillis and italian herbs. I love the curry with steamed spinach, feels like a right plateful! Mac cheese is my fav though, love it!

Thanks ladies. Thing with me is one bad experience puts me off. But I'm hoping tomorrows choices are better and I get to have a bar tomorrow too :)

My first experience of cottage pie also looked like cat sick so next time I made it with a little less water.... It's now my fav :) still looks a bit rank but tastes nice and spec if you add some italian herbs or pepper! X

Back