Streach Marks

I've started doing Pilates in a vain attempt to tone up and try and get away from the "overhang"- although having been overweight in varying degrees all of my adult life I find it difficult to believe it won't be there afterwards.

Did/does anyone else have a lumpy fat belly - does that go?!

Well I suppose, worst case scenario is a visit to the surgeon, I will persevere with the bio oil. I wonder if a spray tan makes it less visable?? I seem to recall one "how to look good naked" where he used a body concealer kinda like touche eclat for the skin and it looked amazing.

Jez
xx

My belly was always the thing I hated the most and it was mahoosive!! (56 inch waist) I now have a 28 inch waist and while there are some lumpy bits and plenty of saggy skin, if I wear the right clothes and more importantly, the right underwear, it looks like I have a flat tummy. Nobody would ever know apart from the people on the beach when I wear a bikini.

Keep working at it and give it time (at least 12 months I'd say). Then if it's still a huge issue you could look at doing something about it if you feel that's the route you'd like to take.

It's different for everyone I think but ultimately it's about what makes you happy.

Don't forget, those Armani pics of Victoria Beckham.....soooooo airbrushed, especially her tummy which unsuprisingly has stretch marks after three babies. Even the most photographed woman in the world at the moment has the same body hang ups as us!!

I'm not exactly a fan of my stretch marks either, I've got them all over my stomach hips and some of my back too. They do fade over time, as most of mine have now, but all the bio oil in the world won't make the fully dissapear because they are scars, and scarred tissue does not heal, that's why it's a scar :(

I understand how SM's make you feel, the last time I actually went in a pool was years ago on holiday, and at that time my SM's were at that really horribly visible reddish stage; no-one commented by I was so self-consious about them I felt awful.

Give it time, as was said, it takes 12 months(ish) apparantly for the skin to even decide to what extent it is going to change in accordance with the weight loss. And it does get easier to accept the marks over time, at least I feel it does; at this point, I just look at them as being part of me, a sort of reminder of the abuse I put myself through and a warning of what will happen should I return to my old ways.

Hopefully, you can feel the same way too someday :)

Back