Sue's food journey to try and reverse diabetes

sue1963

Hi, was diagnosed last year with diabetes. Am on diet only so no medication and dont want any if I can avoid it. So am going to a class where I am a helper so dont pay. I dont have any online access so just trying to do it myself. I do have a calculator but its not an up to date one. I have been messing around with dieting for months and getting nowhere so day 1 for me today.

Any tips will be gratefully received.

Breakfast
2 bacon on 2 small wholemeal bread with 1 tbsp brown sauce = 6 pps

Snack
Banana

Lunch
Scotch pancake and 1 tsp butter 4= 4pps
2 small wholemeal with 1 tbsp philadephia - 6 pps

Dinner
Pork chop with potatoes and free eg

Semi skimmed milk for tea - 2pps

Last edited:
Good luck with your weight loss journey! Did you see the Food Hospital programme on the other week where they looked at diabetes? Some of the women were able to reverse their diabetes with diet.

NO but have heard of the newcastle diet which is probably what it was or something similar and I could no way live on 500 calories a day, lol.

Hi Sue

Here to subscribe :) sorry to hear about your diabetes too. I have only just downloaded a calculator app on my phone, It isn't the official weight watchers one but it works all the points out right...Ive never heard of the Newcastle diet but I am with you no way could I live of 500 calories a day! not even when i was really skinny lol

Breakfast
2 bacon 4pps
Fried egg 3pps
Tinned tomatoes 0pps

Lunch

Dinner

Here to subscribe looking forward to following your diary

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Your welcome hun x I have found I have loads more options now I have it...How are you finding the plan so far? xx

A bit iffy but getting used to it
Have been really shocked at the points for some foods though. Xx

Hi, was diagnosed last year with diabetes. Am on diet only so no medication and dont want any if I can avoid it. So am going to a class where I am a helper so dont pay. I dont have any online access so just trying to do it myself. I do have a calculator but its not an up to date one. I have been messing around with dieting for months and getting nowhere so day 1 for me today.

Any tips will be gratefully received.

Breakfast
2 bacon on 2 small wholemeal bread with 1 tbsp brown sauce = 6 pps

Snack
Banana

Lunch
Scotch pancake and 1 tsp butter 4= 4pps
2 small wholemeal with 1 tbsp philadephia - 6 pps

Dinner
Pork chop with potatoes and free eg

Semi skimmed milk for tea - 2pps

Hello and Welcome Sue :) Looking forward to reading your diary :) I know you said you don't have Official Online Access but do u have iPhone or iPad? If so I could recommend a couple of free/cheap apps to help you instead? X

Thank you but only have an android phone. Found a good app though and have set it up to start the week from tomorrow. Looking forward to reading your diary as well xx

Thank you but only have an android phone. Found a good app though and have set it up to start the week from tomorrow. Looking forward to reading your diary as well xx

Sounds like it might be the same app anyway? Is it called Value Diary?x

Yeah I was shocked too!, things that i guesstimated before :rolleyes:...were like double what I had put down! oh well good while it lasted lol have you set yourself a goal? xx

To get down to at least a size 14. 12 if possible. That's a long way to go. At least 4 stones

You will do it! :) I set myself some small goals too so as to keep me motivated...im doing the 10 week challenge on here at the min too, trying to lose 10lb before my wedding! xx

Good luck with that Nat, I'm sure you'll get there, xx

thanks hun x

It may seem like a long way but if you set yourself mini goals along the way instead of looking at the bigger picture you will be at goal before ya know it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

And More is More eh Ciara ;-) x

Well, took the plunge this morning and signed up for WW online so that I can point everything correctly. So if anyone needs anything checking please feel free to ask.

Breakfast
2 back bacon - 3 pps
2 small wholemeal bread - 3 pps
1 tbsp brown sauce - 0

snack
Banana

Lunch
Chicken casserole made with:
190g skinless chicken breast - 5 pps
100g new potatoes - 2 pps
25g red lentils - 2 pps
carrots - 0 pps