Sugar Alcohols and why Atkins Bars are evil.

Ohhh thanks for this :), Atkins really push there products but I think there really expensive! I guess every once in a while its better than grabbing a carb laden treat?

I use Splenda tabs, the only ones that don't give an aftertaste for me. Like you said they do crush down for anything that requires granular - and keep a track of carbs :)
X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Or you can make your own low carb healthy desserts - whip some cream with sweetener and cocoa powder (not hot choc) for choc mousse - or have some sugar free jelly, or if you're at the stage where you're adding nuts, a microwave almond cake. Or a slice of induction friendly Swiss roll, or cocoa bark made with coconut oil, cocoa and sweetener. Lots of options to try! But yes, as an occasional emergency measure it's not going to be a big deal to have an Atkins bar.

moonlights said:
Or you can make your own low carb healthy desserts - whip some cream with sweetener and cocoa powder (not hot choc) for choc mousse - or have some sugar free jelly, or if you're at the stage where you're adding nuts, a microwave almond cake. Or a slice of induction friendly Swiss roll, or cocoa bark made with coconut oil, cocoa and sweetener. Lots of options to try! But yes, as an occasional emergency measure it's not going to be a big deal to have an Atkins bar.

SF jelly with a tbsp of cream hits the spot for me :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks for this Moonlight - wow, there I thought I got a free pass to eat something that slightly resembled chocolate LOL.

Do you by any chance know if Sweet & low is okay?

There are lots of chocolate resembling things you can eat! Check moonlights meals in the recipe section to find the recipe for cocoa bark or have a wee google for Atkins chocolate pudding and Atkins chocolate mousse to start with - all induction friendly

Reminder - don't do it!!!!!

Back