Sugar free life!

Hi Pinkemi, yes I am! Been over 4 months now and is the best thing I've done. I've had some occasions where I've eaten more sugar than I should and I really feel rotten for it. After a weekend away it took about 3 days for the sluggishness to go. It does require a bit of forward planning and I would recommend reading the sweet poison quit plan by David Gillespie if you want to give it another go

I will take a look at the book.. thanks. :)

Am I right in thinking that natural sugar in stuff like fruit is okay? I love my fruit and hated having to give it up!

Yes as long as the fruit is in its natural whole state and not juiced dried or in a smoothie. Fruit veg and dairy sugars are all good

Just read through your last few posts Taz and I it's very interesting .. I have tried to find a healthy bar but they are all so sweet and getting something that doesn't have artificial sweeteners in is almost impossible!.. and I'm very allergic to them.. I've also wondered about fruit and I would be quite happy eating a lot more so that will be something that I shall be seeing to.

Well done on your loss so far Taz!

I was wondering how you were doing too. I was doing a 10 day detox (partial failure) but it did turn out that I stayed sugar free. I keep meaning to download the chart of sugar free substitutes you printed.

Hi sorry for the late reply. I got a new phone and lost my shortcut so i didnt get the notifications!

But I'm back now!

I fell off the wagon towards the end of last year, not sure how or why but slowly started having more until it was too much. By christmas I was feeling pretty rough, very lethargic and my whole system just seemed to be complaining. And worse, I wasn't even enjoying the sweet foods!

So January 1st I the sugar was kicked out again, for good this time. That glimpse of life with sugar back in it was enough for me to know that it's not a life I want and i am much happier without it.

On my "good days" I am low fat, vegan and sugar free but then I have bad days too.

Reactions: Taz
I am sugar free 99% of the time. I fail when I am ill or when I go to the other house as I always take gluten free cakes with me.:classic_roll_eyes:

Hi Taz, I don't remember what books you said you read but I bought Gary Taubers The Case Against Sugar yesterday. I've only read the introduction and 4 pages of chapter one and already I'm scared

Hello i am on sugar free life after reading sweet posion by David Gallipie, im day 17 and so far do good its not easy its more concerning my friends like its the end of the world very intresting, some get quite defensive! Anyways im still going to stick to it, im learning when my hungry and full switches are on but taking time!

Also Taz its really good reading your experience on going sugar free, also did it take a while for your hungry and full 'switches' to work did they get stronger as time went on im on day 17 and have some better days than others with recognising im full

Hi all, sorry for the delay i am still here!

The case against sugar is a great book but quite in depth so can be a bit heavy going at times. Sweet poison by David gillespie is brilliant. I highly recommend reading this followed by the sweet poison quit plan.

Hippychicken, i find a lot of people dont want to know that sugar is so bad as they dont want to cut it from their lives. I've found that people will give up gluten on a whim when its doing them no harm just because other people are but suggest they cut out the substance that will actually make them sick and is making them fat and they look at you like you are crazy!

After the first month it all gets easier. Your hormones regulate, you wont have the afternoon slump and your hungry/full hormones will work properly. Thats not to say you wont see something you fancy and want to eat it but you will notice that if you arent actually hungry it will make you feel overloaded.

One tip i will give with the appetite situation: most of us have empty plate syndrome (have to clear the plate). Eat slowly and stop eating when you are full. Still food on your plate? Chuck it. And before anyone says that its a waste, if you keep putting it in you when you dont need it its still wasted!

Thanks, I agree the book is quite technical but is getting to the sugar issue. I will have a look at the others when done.

I have to day the argument against sugar is quite compelling

Back