Sukibix Menu's

Your pooches are absolutely beautiful!! :D And I love their names! I really like human names for dogs :)

It's odd that Ellie could be trusted off lead, except for other dogs approaching her! She used to be very good off lead, but I had to stop letting her off because I could never guess if a dog would come over. She's never attacked a dog, but she flies between dominance and screaming like she's being murdered! So yeah, can't let her off any more :( She has a really long Flexi though and her recall on that is really good. She's going deaf and blind now, so that's adding in some problems. I bought mini squeaky balls to use as a recall noise, but she couldn't hear them. And while I was on holiday I bought a beautiful hand carved whistle made from reindeer bone and she can't bloody hear that either!! :rolleyes:

Dave is very good with other dogs off lead, but can be a bit lead aggressive. His trouble is that if he is off and sees another dog or person he will run any distance to get to them. We hadn't had him long, so I didn't know what he was like, and he did this to me in one of the local parks. But he ran out across a main road at rush hour!!! Luckily the road has speed bumps! But I couldn't see him coz the park's lined with hedges and trees and I just heard tires screech and the woman who was walking her dog on the other side of the road scream. I've never felt so sick or run so fast in all my life!! So now he is only trusted when I know there are no roads nearby or that he can't get to them. Little git! He just switches off when he sees another dog. Stupid creature!!

Dogs eh?! I'm glad your two are well behaved. I know labs can be hard work, so you've obviously done a very good job with them.xx

i don't...but i'm thinking about starting one...i lurk about on everyone else's and write down everything i eat so think i might....but then everyone else posts pics and it always looks scrummy....maybe i could start without the pics??

i think you look great just the way you are...you don't look like you need to lose weight at all and your face is hardly chubby!! but....i guess it doesn't matter what other people say...we need to feel happy or at least a little better about ourselves eh?!

it's not easy...this weigh problem malarky lol...i honestly believe until someone has had a weight issue, or been unhappy with their weight....then they can't relate properly, to how it is sometimes!

i'm sure you'll do great on your few days away....and you know what, if you end up off plan a wee bit...then you know you can come back and get right into the swing of it ;)

great news on the weight loss....you'll need to post how you get on this week :D x

You don't have to post pics. I only do now and again as it eats into my data allowance ha ha ha.

Deffo get a diary up as running. It does help u to stay on track as it makes you a bit more accountable as to do it properly you have to put down everything eaten! or at least you should :-D

Thanks huni. I need to get some lbs off my legs and bum. I'm a size 14 and I know that's ok for some but I was a size 6-8 when I lost all my weight before. I don't want to go that skinny but I like to be back to a comfortable 10-12 and not feel self conscious most of the time :-(. My running is helping with the toning but that's not enough of its own - at least with SW I can still have "bad" days as in have food I still like without feeling guilty which comes back to what we were Saying yesterday.

Off to WI shortly. I bet lose or else ;-)

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your pooches are absolutely beautiful!! :D And I love their names! I really like human names for dogs :)

It's odd that Ellie could be trusted off lead, except for other dogs approaching her! She used to be very good off lead, but I had to stop letting her off because I could never guess if a dog would come over. She's never attacked a dog, but she flies between dominance and screaming like she's being murdered! So yeah, can't let her off any more :( She has a really long Flexi though and her recall on that is really good. She's going deaf and blind now, so that's adding in some problems. I bought mini squeaky balls to use as a recall noise, but she couldn't hear them. And while I was on holiday I bought a beautiful hand carved whistle made from reindeer bone and she can't bloody hear that either!! :rolleyes:

Dave is very good with other dogs off lead, but can be a bit lead aggressive. His trouble is that if he is off and sees another dog or person he will run any distance to get to them. We hadn't had him long, so I didn't know what he was like, and he did this to me in one of the local parks. But he ran out across a main road at rush hour!!! Luckily the road has speed bumps! But I couldn't see him coz the park's lined with hedges and trees and I just heard tires screech and the woman who was walking her dog on the other side of the road scream. I've never felt so sick or run so fast in all my life!! So now he is only trusted when I know there are no roads nearby or that he can't get to them. Little git! He just switches off when he sees another dog. Stupid creature!!

Dogs eh?! I'm glad your two are well behaved. I know labs can be hard work, so you've obviously done a very good job with them.xx

Thank you :)
They are good pups but they've both had lots of group and one on one training and agility sessions.

Wouldn't it be great if all dogs got on. The world would be so much easier! as you say tho ya not worth the risk - not with the dog control laws now - not on the lead means not under your control of there's a kick off.

Luckily neither of my two have ever run like that. If they're too far away they get three pips on their whistle which they know means no messing get back here NOW!

Do u know you can get breed specific whistles? Mine have the acme lab ones. I can't remember the number for it.

Xxx

25th April - extra easy day! Not green!

B - Dorset nutty cereal 35g (hexb1) and almond milk (hexb1) and a banana

L - small Jp and beans with side salad

WI at 7.30

D - paprika chicken (2.5) with halloumi light 50g (6) and spinach, watercress, cucumber, tomato salad. Muller and melon.

image-1534075221.jpg

S - maltesers (5)

Total syns - 13.5

Dog walk - 40 mins in the sun. Oh and I then watched hubby mow the lawn, prepare dinner and then Hoover. Supervision should count as exercise :)

Last edited:
GET IN!!! 3.5 lbs off tonight

That's 6.5 lbs in 2 weeks. I love green days!

They seem to be working for me even with my cheese obsession :-D. Hope I can keep it together whilst I'm away next week - and it's my birthday next Wednesday :-/

Yay!

Good luck to everyone else weighing in this week x

YAY for the loss!! Super well done :bunnydance:

Yeah, I've seen the breed whistles. Ellie's just old and going deaf. Plus, my beautiful reindeer whistle cost me almost £20!! So I'm not buying any more ;) Really should whistle train Dave. Ellie was when she was younger, but she has an excellent recall (or did when she could see and hear you!) no matter what you use. Just fell out of the habit of whistles. Dave's a stubborn terrier and needs much more work than I've put in to him. But he's generally well behaved and cute as hell, so gets away with murder :rolleyes:
He's funny going in to a "down". He honestly huffs at you and does it in about 4-6 shuffle, reluctant legs moves. Cheeky bugger! You ask Ellie to go in to a "down" and she literally throws herself at the floor. She's a very enthusiastic dog with training stuff lol! Collie X retriever though, so not surprising really. She's a joy to have trained, honestly. And I've learnt a lot from having to deal with her issues :)
I told my boss during my review that I would like to do more training around dog training/behaviour in the future. And bunnies too. Not many people are "in to" bunnies, so having someone at my level would probably be really good for the practice :)

Anyway, I'll stop rambling and taking over your thread :eek:

Congrats again on the loss. You're doing amazingly!x

Thanks lovely ladies :)

26th April - green day ;-)

B - Dorset nutty and almond milk (hexa1 and hexb2)

Costa medium skinny vanilla latte takeaway (8.5)

S - apple and banana

L - huge Jp and beans

S - apple

Dog walk - 50 mins in hail stones grrr

D - scrambled egg with LC light cheese (hexa2), mushrooms and beans on toast (hexb2)
Muller.

Syns - maltesers (5)

last day at work for a whole week and a bit. Yipeeeee. Got a lovely Links of London charm too for my bracelet from my lovely work colleagues for my birthday on Wednesday :) love them :)

X

Saturday 27th April

Dog walk at 6.45am and then housework

S - banana and coffee (almond milk - hexa1)

B - quorn sausage (1), beans, 2 poached eggs and 1 toast (hexb1)

50 min gym workout and run

L - mug shot sweet and sour spicy, muller, apple and 2 hi fi rocky roads (hexb2)

S - banana (don't normally have more than one a day but was hungry!)

D - Mexican bean bake (cheddar - hexa2) from old SW mag, salad and a muller.

Syns - maltesers (5)
Milk in one coffee (1)
Quorn sausage at brekkie (1)
7 total

Now to finally collapse on the sofa exhausted.com.

Sukibix,

Can't believe it, so much in common , including same birthday! Have a great time away, I'm away too ( for work, but abroad)

Ah happy birthday for Wednesday my fellow May Queen :-D.

Where are you off to this time? Sooo jealous!
Hope your trip goes ok x

Aww that's lovely of your work friends :) And you did SO much exercise today!!

Can I ask what the Mexican bean bake recipe is? I love stuff like that! Made my own Mexican feast for tea tonight :) x

I did and I could do more right now! I think it's the carbs from doing green days giving me the right fuel for my runs :-D
I'm so into my running right now I could run round the world lol.

The Mexican bean bake was actually really really tasty but I did have to cook it for longer than the mag said as I cut the courgette too thick. Here's the recipe from an old mag - def worth a go yum!

image-20747093.jpg

image-4208632107.jpg

image-1253831942.jpg

Back