Su's Lipotrim Nightmare aka My Diary 2011

Totally agree babes......there's too much of the attitude that it's ok to cheat providing that you come on here and confess all and a sort of 'pride' in getting away with it too....I can't understand why they can't see that every single cheat is going to add several days, if not a week, to the amount of time that they need to do this diet...

Being the blunt one I'm going to post some home truths, now there's a surprise .....watch this space!

You? Well you're the batty one, apparently very lazy (according to you but I don't see it myself) and totally preoccupied with bowel movements, yours and everybody else's! but I love you anyway! Jayne is also extremely knowledge on health and exercise as well as being sympathetic!

Glad the kids are ok and hopefully your mum will be after next week too. If I get this job I will be coming over to London regularly again as their head office is there so we will have plenty of opportunities to meet up. Be even better if we wait until you've finished LT and can let your hair down a bit:D

Su, you're very supportive, but definitely the funny one :) That's one of the reasons I missed you so much when you weren't about.

I'm not posting so much at the mo, or around so much as I am struggling and trying to get my head around what I want to do diet wise (and life wise come to that!). I'm also finding the boards a bit tough going right now, so think a bit of time out is def needed :) I'll be lurking though, and still about - if not on here, on FB :)

xx

Best bit is tidy wardrobes.....didn't realise just how many dresses I have bought much too small in the hope that they'd fit at some point in the future....well, the future is now! Got about a dozen, still with the price tags on.....gotta make sure that I don't put ANY weight back on.....easier said than done of course!

OMG, I have just dug out six pairs of size 16 jeans, all with the labels on, and I had an old pair that I'd got too big for. I thought I had three new pairs but have obviously been buying jeans forgetting I already had some. I don't need six pairs of size 16s, especially as I've lived the last year in one pair of size 18s virtually, (I washed them regularly!) as I just refused to buy another pair of size 18s. Anyway, have got into my old pair of 16s now but I'm not saying I'm into 16s until I'm into the new ones as I think the old ones might have stretched a bit. The 18s are in the recycling bag. Hooray!

O well done cate, that's gr8. I went tru a load of summer clothes 2day that I haven't worn in a few years and most of them fit. It's a great feelin isn't it.

OMG, I have just dug out six pairs of size 16 jeans, all with the labels on, and I had an old pair that I'd got too big for. I thought I had three new pairs but have obviously been buying jeans forgetting I already had some. I don't need six pairs of size 16s, especially as I've lived the last year in one pair of size 18s virtually, (I washed them regularly!) as I just refused to buy another pair of size 18s. Anyway, have got into my old pair of 16s now but I'm not saying I'm into 16s until I'm into the new ones as I think the old ones might have stretched a bit. The 18s are in the recycling bag. Hooray!

Mental isn't it! And all those 16's aren't going to fit for long Cate cos you'll need a 14:D. A few of the dresses were 14's and sort of a fitted, tailored style and I'm going to have to have them taken in before I can wear them:D

Hip hip hooray!

Mental isn't it! And all those 16's aren't going to fit for long Cate cos you'll need a 14:D. A few of the dresses were 14's and sort of a fitted, tailored style and I'm going to have to have them taken in before I can wear them:D

Hip hip hooray!

How brilliant for you. Although I'm annoyed with myself for wasting money on so many pairs of size 16 jeans, I'll happily give them away when I get into size 14s. I can't wait for that day. Before I discovered Lipotrim I think I'd given up on ever seeing that day again.

You are going to be soooooo fabulous at 50:D

Me too, last week I decided to sort through 16 pairs of troushers that I have never worn labels still intact that were hanging up in the wardrobe taking up space, alot of space. Had bought them over the last few years never been able to squeeze into them so decided to take them down fold them up and put them into the bottom of the wardrobe until the end of march when I will take out the ones that will hopefully fit. Actually, the majority of clothes hanging in my wardrobe don't fit, I think I have about 4 tops and 2 cardigans that I can get away with wearing. Most of my every day clothes I keep in my drawer chests but in all honesty my wardrobe is a storage place for clothes that mostly I've never worn and don't fit me....how stupid is that?

Anyway, over the coming months that's all going to change.

And yes, Thornhill Cate you will be fabulous at 50 and what a great loss you've had in your 2nd week, great work.

Last edited:
If only we could all get together in one place and pool our unwanted, or no longer fitting, clothes........it'd be great fun and everyone could have a new wardrobe!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has bought stuff that doesn't fit.....don't feel half as bad now:D

At the moment my head is all over the place and i cannot seem to get into LT properly.. I am CONSTANTLY thinking of food, dreaming of food, drooling over food!! lol

I am thinking of taking a break and getting my head straight, get my Mum and Dads hospital stuff out of the way, and hopefully coming back in a better, more positive frame of mind.... I have no idea why i am feeling like this but it is getting harder and harder to stay focused.. I think if i have a controlled (ish) break and come back in a few weeks when Mum and Dad are OK i will be better off.... With all the running around for them, and the 3 kids too, i am just not in the zone and i know it is only a matter of time before i binge completely, which i really don't want to do, but mentally i cannot cope with it all..

I know i can do this diet, as i have done it before but i am not sure i can do it NOW, and that is making all the difference to me.... I need to be 100% committed to it, and with family stuff (not just Mum and Dad-it's Billy at college, and Harry and Ella getting ready to leave/change schools) i don't feel i can cope with it.....

Perhaps i will wake up tomorrow with renewed vigour.... We shall see!

I hope you are all doing well x x x

Hi Su, you have got a lot on your plate at the moment. I sympathise. You only have 1.5st to go to your target so maybe you could take a break from TFR but invest in some WW or SW recipe books for low cal main meals and make sure you stay in control of your fat intake by using these and eating a lowish fat high protein breakfast that should keep you full for the morning and then a light lunch. And still use your FibreClear to help keep you full too. You just have to be strong around the naughty stuff. That of course is the beauty of LT, the rules are so black and white. For me, no food makes it less likely that I'll cheat whereas when I'm eating I can be so easily tempted to cheat. So weak! If you do this, you might continue to lose, although not as fast of course. Whatever you do, don't look on the break as an excuse to go mad. It would be such a shame to undo any of your good work when you are so near the end of your journey. Don't sabotage yourself. You know you'll only be angry with yourself when it comes time to face the music. Good luck whatever you decide.

Hi hun, u sound so browned off. How long hav u been on LT? At d mo there is alot of stress in my life n I have 2 say as d stress gets worse d will power gets less n d diet gets tougher. Would u think of goin on d maintenance 4 a while r 4 d remainder of d time till u get 2 ur target weight?

Hi Su. How are you doing? Did you weigh today?

I personally think you should stay on the weeks you've decided to, and finish the job, but at the same time, I know that if your head isn't in the right place for it, then it's almost impossible! It's not as if you have tonnes to lose now either, and you've joined Weight Watchers, so you should be set up to follow their plan now and maybe you can do that and continue to lose the weight that way :)

Good luck hun with whatever your decision is xx

Thank you all for your lovely comments.. I really am grateful x x

I have been running around like a loony all week so i am glad i decided to give LT a miss as that would have stressed me out even more.. I have been taking Mum wherever she needs to go as she is not coping very well with the thought of her op... I took her to the hospital for her blood test today, and will be helping her get her stuff together tomorrow, ready for her op on Thursday... I am taking her in to hospital at 7am in the morning.. I have yet to have a lay in this half term!! lol

As well as not doing LT i have also given WW a miss, but luckily my leader is great as long as i keep her informed.. I am going back on LT on 28 February but not having my weigh in until the Friday (4 March) , but am not exactly watching what i am eating in the meantime. The psychology behind this is that i should be in ketosis by 4 March, so i should have lost a bit of what i have put on, but if i weigh first i may depress myself!! lol
Fingers crossed i should have no reason to not commit to LT (Mum would have had her op, kids will be back at school) so it "should" be plain sailing...

I haven't been around much, but i hope you are all doing better than me!! lol

Keep going people, it is sooooooooooo worth it x x x

Hi Su,
Sounds like a bit of a rough time for you at the moment.
Hope things improve for you soon and i hope all went well for your Mum with the op today.
You have done an awesome job losing the weight and you will achieve the rest when things settle down.
I thought of you today when i went into a health shop and got some psyllium husk lol. I wasn't sure how much to take so i have just sat and ploughed through loads of your posts to find out.
Good luck for when you start again on your final leg of the journey xx

Well, it's Friday today and Mums op went well.... The staff were absolutely wonderful and let me walk with her to where she got ready for theatre, and we both cried our eyes out!! She told me afterwards she was absolutely petrified that she wouldn't come round after the anaesthetic... I didn't have the guts to tell her that that was my biggest fear too!... But luckily she did.. It made me realise that my Mum is the mainstay of my life.. I cannot begin to imagine my life without her in it, so to those of you who no longer have their Mum, my heart really goes out to you. I cannot even begin to imagine what raw pain that must be...

She is still in hospital, in pain, but getting better... It really didn't help that in our local paper there was an article about the hospital.. It is part of a "Dispatches" documentary on Channel 4 this Monday evening.. Someone filmed a palliative care ward using a secret camera, and are going to show it on the TV.. I can only imagine it will not be very pleasant... It is a shame because it may make it look as if the whole of East Surrey Hospital is bad, but i have found the opposite to be true!

My diet is non-existent, and my jeans are getting tighter!! I have survived on fish and chips, pizza, and general junk.. I will get back to LT but i need to make sure in my head that Mum is ok, and at the moment i am ferrying the kids and Dad everywhere and i don't have time to make proper food (I am sticking to that excuse!! lol)... It also doesn't help that we decided to decorate Ella's bedroom in the half term, so she is sleeping in our room, and Joe is painting her room.. Her new carpet is laying in a roll along the stairs and her new bed and mattress are in the hallway downstairs.... All Ellas bedroom is in the boys room, especially on Harrys bed while he sleeps at Dads (partly to keep Dad occupied while Mum is away), so everything is everywhere... My house makes it look like Steptoe had OCD for cleanliness and tidiness!!! ... BLOODY NIGHTMARE!! But it HAS to be finished for the kids going back to school/college Monday so Joe has got a lot to do, bless him, and at the moment i am no use nor ornament to him!

I wish you all the best of luck... I will try and catch up with all your posts... Take care everyone x x

Su I have just read you last post and just like to say....hang in there. WW may be the best option eating wise. Hope your mum recovers well and all the running around should keep you busy so you don't think of food too much...it must be really hard having to juggle evreything....supermum!! ;)

As long as you know it's only for a short while and hopefully everything will get back to normal again. You have a short distance to go with the weight loss.....I wouldn't worry ....... just take care of yourself do what you have to do to get you through this time without feeling guilty or bad. You probably need a big hug right now and i here it is.:hug99:take care super su!

Glad to hear your mum's op went well hun. Wishing her a speedy and safe recovery. ((hugs)) to you also xx

right....this really is it!!!....sh!t or bust

I am not spending any more money on LT... I either do it this time or come to the conclusion that i can't do it at all!

I have done it before and done well, but i simply haven't been able to get back into it after breaking for Christmas!... But now: no more excuses or reasons.. IT'S NOW OR NEVER!!!

I am going to restart for the final time tomorrow.. I have the shakes i need and am going to do it... I will reset all my goals tomorrow and update my weight.... I will keep the old weight loss visible just so i know i CAN do it...

I keep thinking "If i had stuck to it, it would all be over and done with now"... but i didn't, and it isn't, so i am going to try try once more!.. To all of you that have succeeded, a huge "Well Done"

I know i cannot take a break for ANY reason, and if i go by my successful attempt i should only be on it for 6 weeks at the most, so here's hoping...

Back