Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

So part of the way through day 4. Just had my 1st shake ( hot banana-prefer it cold). I like to wait as late as possible before having a pack cos that way I can save one for late evening when the munchies tend to start. Woken up this morning by the postman who had my pedometer :). Spent about an hour trying to set it up, had to wait for my son to come home in the end & only took him 5 minutes. I've been wearing it for about 3 hours & have clocked up 6.000 steps just around the house. It will be interesting to see how many I do at work tomorrow. Finding myself walking further to do things rather than being super efficient with any tasks so the pedometer is a good motivator.
Had some unexpected exercise today when the dog managed to get out of the garden. Ended up running all the way to the park after her lol. Shame that I didn't have the pedometer on then.
Think I will have some porridge for dinner, its my favourite of all the packs.

Last edited:
Finally got the courage to do my measurements & they were as shocking as I thought. Suppose that's another thing to look at that will keep me on track.
I wont put them on here yet but may do once the numbers start reducing lol.

Well done with the diet and exercise susie you are doing fab!! x

Hi Susie. So we're on for the steps challenge tomorrow then! Well done for getting another day done. I laughed about your dog too. Mine escapes from the garden too!

Well done Susie, my phone acts as a pedometer but I can't carry it in work. Guess I will just stick to GPS tracking my runs. I took measurments last night might post them after end of Week 1 weigh in and remeasure.

Hi Lynn. Yes all set for tomorrow. Did 9,000 steps at home today, surprising how fast they add up. My dog is so naughty. She just wont come back when she is called. We both ended up very very muddy !!

Hi Chris, I got myself a pocket pedometer so that I can use it at work. Yes good idea to take measurements, cant be in denial any more.

Hi Susie. My dog Billy is totally undisciplined. He's really naughty. There's some pics of him somewhere in my diary. What sort is your dog? Billy is a patterdale / lakeland terrier cross. Good for exercise!

I'll try & find the photo's. I am a bit of an animal lover. Have 2 cats Dexter & Eli, both tomcats & I have Darcey who is a very cute standard schnoodle ( Schnauzer/Poodle cross) She looks more like a Schnauzer but has the naughty,needy traits of a poodle. I usually have larger dogs but thought that with us getting a bit older a smaller dog would be easier to handle. I couldn't have been more wrong!! I take it that Billy loves running around trying to find things to chase. Also have 2 tanks of tropical fish that my daughter brought back with her when she moved back home. They are nice to sit & watch if the day has been stressful.

Good morning Susie. I so miss my cats. Keep dropping hints about getting more cats or a rescue greyhound/whippet but they're being ignored :D One day... ;)

Have a fab day and I'm up for the steps challenge starting today too xx

Morning Susie I just found your diary! Glad you have made one :)

You are doing so well. I like your idea of having the first pack as late as you can so there's one for evening, as I find that's when my thoughts turn too. Unfortunately it's not 10am and iv already had a shake lol.

Iceland sounds incredible, you have made me Google and look at possible future breaks :)

Have another great day x

Just caught up on your diary how has today been?

Hi everyone, Thanks for your support. Yes its been a good day.Went back to work & everyone was supportive apart from moaning about the smell of the milkshake, at least they didn't throw me out of the room lol. Wasn't sure whether to tell them about the diet but glad I did. Lots of biscuits & chocolates in the office but wasn't tempted at all.
Started to wear the pedometer & found that I do more steps at home than at work. I was expecting it to be the other way round. So I ended up walking around the supermarket at lunch time & again on my way home so that the step count would go up. I spend half of my day outside visiting people & really couldn't face going for a walk around the park in this weather.
I am now sitting here having to watch my sons & their girlfriends eat a Chinese takeaway, they are so mean. Seriously though, all I can smell is the fat content so hopefully that means ketosis has arrived. I not tempted at all.
Hope you all have a good day tomorrow x

Good morning Susie. I so miss my cats. Keep dropping hints about getting more cats or a rescue greyhound/whippet but they're being ignored :D One day... ;)

Have a fab day and I'm up for the steps challenge starting today too xx

Keep hinting Giggle, I've never been without a cat & dog. Think I'd be a bit miserable without them

Just caught up on your diary how has today been?

Hi shrimp, Yes I'm back again, lost count how many times this is. Thought I'd try a diary & see it it helps keep me on track. Only thing is I take so long to write it I keep getting timed out.!! I see you are doing well, not far of your target. Must feel so good.

Hi Susie. I've got a cat too , Jesse. He's only got 3 legs and is really wild. He torments and chases the dog around the house.

Lynne, its so funny watching a cat take charge of the dog. My three wrestle all over the place. The dog always loses but keeps going back for more! She has also been chucked out of her new bed by one of them, then she ends up on my lap lol.

Back