SW double sausage and egg mcmuffin

emmamarie22 said:
Omg these look great. Def going to try these. Do sainsburys still do these sausages??

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yes they are lovely £1.99. Take a look at chicken pie recipe here, I've just used the sausages in my first pie. I'll update pics later, need to serve and eat. X

Bunnylush said:
Yes they are lovely £1.99. Take a look at chicken pie recipe here, I've just used the sausages in my first pie. I'll update pics later, need to serve and eat. X

They are good sausages. This looks like a fab recipe. Looking forward to finding the chicken pie too!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MiniMins

JanieJane84 said:
They are good sausages. This looks like a fab recipe. Looking forward to finding the chicken pie too!

:) chicken pie.

Attachments

• image-1579410576.jpg
    image-1579410576.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 489
Bunnylush said:
:) chicken pie.

Looks amazing! Where is the recepie? (Im New on here!)

Hiya, i,ve started having trouble searchin and finding recipes,can,t find the chicken pie,just seems to search in the main forum! Although i am in the recipe sub forum. Can anyone advise please! Thanks.

sarah29704 said:
thanks 4 the link bunny, i.m usin my phone app not sure if that makes a difference.

I think it does. I followed the link and it showed the forum differently and i wasn't logged in. Will have to get on the laptop i think!

I have been able to follow the chicken pie link. Here's the recipe. Thanks bunny for the inspiration. X

Whole thing is free + hex a

Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breasts
8 morrisons eat smart pork sausages
3 babybel lights
6 rashes of bacon

Method
1- spray some fry light in a square/rectangular oven proofdish
2-slice 2 chicken breasts in small slithers and layer the bottom of the dish.
3- remove the skin from the sausages (i just slid my knife along and skin came off easily)
4-break the sausagemeat up into little blobs and layer it over the chicken.
5-slice the babybel up small and lay randomly on top of the sausagemeat.
6-using a potatoe masher push the cheese into the sausagemeat.
7-slice the remaining 2 chicken breasts in slithers and place over the cheese/sausagemeat.
8-top with the bacon
9-cover with tin foil and cook at 200 for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
10-half hour b4 cooked remove the tin foil. You will have water from the chicken pour this away and cook uncovered for 30 mins.

Sainbury's "be good to yourself" extra lean cumberland sausage 0.5syn each
Pete

emmamarie22 said:
I have been able to follow the chicken pie link. Here's the recipe. Thanks bunny for the inspiration. X

Whole thing is free + hex a

Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breasts
8 morrisons eat smart pork sausages
3 babybel lights
6 rashes of bacon

Method
1- spray some fry light in a square/rectangular oven proofdish
2-slice 2 chicken breasts in small slithers and layer the bottom of the dish.
3- remove the skin from the sausages (i just slid my knife along and skin came off easily)
4-break the sausagemeat up into little blobs and layer it over the chicken.
5-slice the babybel up small and lay randomly on top of the sausagemeat.
6-using a potatoe masher push the cheese into the sausagemeat.
7-slice the remaining 2 chicken breasts in slithers and place over the cheese/sausagemeat.
8-top with the bacon
9-cover with tin foil and cook at 200 for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
10-half hour b4 cooked remove the tin foil. You will have water from the chicken pour this away and cook uncovered for 30 mins.

Thank you! x

Can't wait to try this x

okay so someone made these the other day when i went round for lunch... they were delicious..

youll need..
low fat pork mince
salt and pepper
1 wholemeal muffin (healthy b choice)
1 egg
2 slices of low fat burger cheese (healthy a choice)
frylight
egg rings.

squish together pork mince and salt and pepper and use the egg ring to push the mince into to make the sausage patties

fry them off using frylight, drain excess fat

toast the muffin under the grill

use egg ring to make a fried egg using frylight

layer it up in the toasted bun with your cheese in between...

mmm yummy

Back