Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

I LOST A POUND!! WOOP WOOP!

Really didn't know what to expect as I haven't been feeling great - but even though I've had a couple binges, it must help to get right back on track the next day if you can. Wow. SO relieved!
And still so hungry! Will go munch quiche and sparkle juice and add to diary later.

:happy036:

Yaaaay! Well done. Heres to another good week. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yesterday's diary!

Breakfast;
Coffee, milk, sugar, banana

Sparkling summer fruits

Orange, few bites of quiche, black coffee

Lunch; pasta salad with roasted veg, vanilla Mullerlight

Black coffee, HiFi bar

Sparkling summer fruits

After work snacks; cottage cheese, Alpen bar, 1/4 bread roll (2 syns) with SW Pulled Pork (while kids having their tea)

Out for dinner with the girls last night - didn't totally stick to free stuff as planned, but OMG it was yummy and I had such a great time last night... what ever the syns work out to, it was worth it!

Large red wine (8.5 syns), sirloin steak, jacket potato (with accidental butter! (3 syns),
Veggies, another glass of wine. (8.5 syns), one sugar-coated melty chocolate filled churro (Peer pressure! Peer pressure!) - am estimating this at about, 8 syns, it wasn't very big, about 4 inches long.

Later... one small white wine (6 syns), light babybel before bed.

Totals;
HexA, milk in coffee, light babybel
HexB, HiFi and Alpen bars
Syns - approx 38! Omigoodness. Good grief.
Well, I still had a fab time out, should probably have planned ahead so I could Flexi syn it.

Hope I haven't blown it for next weigh in. :/

Sure you won't blow it on 1 night out. All sounds sooo delicious... :)

8It was! And it was knew of those nights where you don't really feel like going out, you plan on being home early, etc, but then it turns out everyone's on great form and you all just eat and drink and laugh and laugh... man, I totally needed that!

Whoohoooo!

Ok, this morning I came to a decision after reviewing my last weeks worth of food. I need more fresh fruit and veg in my life. Therefore, will be aiming for 5-10/day from this point on.
Just thought I'd mention it.

Right, just settling down for some mushy pea curry and chips and broccoli, but too hot to eat, so will get today's diary down..

Breakfast; coffee, milk, sugar(2 syns)

Sparkle juice

Bites of orange, banana

Lunch, SW pulled pork with rice, spinach and lettuce salad with grated apple and Hellmans fat-free dressing, 1/4 bread bread roll again, that my son wasn't eating. Cuppa tea, milk, sugar (2 syns)

Nibbles; 2 squares dark choc (2 syns), seafood sticks... is that it? Could've sworn I'd munched more, but now honestly can't think if what it would have been. Or when I would have fit it in!

Supper; head of broccoli - eaten in two sittings - SW chips, SW mushy pea curry with chicken breast slices.

Not ready to total yet, but not far off!

:)

Small(ish) red wine

Okay, ready Freddy.

Totals.
HexA; milk in coffee and tea, light babybel
HexB; 2 x Ryvita
Syns; 15
5 a Day; 5. Meh. Thought I had more, with my double broccoli feast and whatnot. This might be a bigger challenge than I realised.
I used to get my ten a day by having smoothies in the morning, but I'd have to syn that bigtime, so don't want to go the smoothie route this time round.

Soup, maybe. Hmmmm... *frowns pensively and rubs chin with one hand *

G'night all! x

----------

Dang it! Ventured into the kitchen and ended up eating a pack of French Fries (4 syns) and a meringue nest (2.5 syns).

So actual total for Saturday, 21.5. :(

Last edited:
G'morning all! Ready to try again...

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar (2 syns), big juicy orange, two poached eggs and a tomato mugshot (wanted beans, but I'm fresh out!)

-------------edit--------------

Lunch; Homemade ButternutSquash-SweetPotato-SynFreeSpanishSausage Soup! (also had onions, carrots, celery, chicken oxo cube, tsp of chili powder in it)

Sparkling Pear and Elderflower

Snack; banana, ryvita x 2 (HexB), light cow cheese x 2 (HexA)

Cuppa Tea - Lady Grey, lovely!

Supper - Leftover SW Curry and rice

My babydude isn't well again!! Getting a bit fed up TBH, he seems to have had one thing or another wrong with him since January. If it's not cold symptoms, he's puking again, or breaking out in a rash. (Sorry to mention puke in a Food Diary thread but it's become a very regular part of my life lately!)
It just throws everything off kilter for me though, because I just want to cuddle him til he's well again! So, prepping food wasn't top priority today, I'm afraid. Thank goodness for leftovers!

Totals (so far!) (cuz I'm sure I will be editing this later again!)

HexA; Ryvita
HexB; Milk in coffee, Light Cow Cheese
Syns; 2
Fruit/Veg; 4/10

--------
EDIT!

Another late night addition, got the munchies bigtime again.
:(

This is getting repetitive and boring now.

Glass of wine (8.5syns), half can spaghetti hoops, 3 squares of chili chocolate (3 syns) couple bites of SW pulled pork, Toasted English muffin, 7.5 syns, light cow cheese (HexA), sparkling pear and Elderflower
19 syns to add.

21 syns total.

I need to change my name to The Nibbler. (Hey, wasn't that a Batman character?)

Last edited:
Aaaah poor babe? Hate it when they're not well. Your doing great considering. Think id have given in and ate anything. Hope the LO picks up soon, this years virusses are lingering too long. :rolleyes:

Howdy all, trying to jot down today's food- haven't kept track at all though to be honest! So might have to come back and add stuff throughout the evening as I remember it...

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar. Banana.

Snack; one light babybel

Lunch; SW pulled pork on Ryvita, SW curry and rice (cleaned up the leftovers!)

Snack; ended up eating a cheese and ham chicken Kiev while prepping food for the bairns! And not a SW friendly one, 9 syns. Thought it would be more to be honest!

Supper, chicken breast, sweet potatoes, potatoes, broccoli, sparkling summer fruits.

Totals;

HexA, milk in coffee, babybel
HexB, Ryvita
Syns 11
Fruit/veg, 4/10

---------------

Edit!!!

Found where hubby had hidden the kids chocolate biscuits. Had two twin packs.
Add 27 syns. 38 total.

:banghead:

Last edited:
Yesterday's diary - crazy day, Tuesday is always hectic between work and after school clubs, etc

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar

Mullerlight vanilla, black coffee
(had an orange and a pear sitting on my desk but didn't eat them)

Lunch
1/2 can beans, poached egg, tea

Orange

Supper; PANCAKES! Two fluffy choc chip pancakes (no idea on syns... will try and calc - OMG! Totalled this at 34), sliced strawberries, maple syrup 2 syns)

I was planning on having more to eat after the kids went to bed, but I couldn't... I felt really sick and weak and shaky and ended up falling asleep on the couch for two hours. Which isn't normal for me! I thought at the time i had caught another bug or virus from my wee boy, but just wondering now if that was some sort of sugar overload attack?

Hmmm, anyway, I'm okay now.

I did get up and drink some sparkling summer fruits and water, and had a malted milk biscuit, just cuz. 2 syns.

Totals;
HexA; milk in coffee - and does the milk in the pancakes count?
HexB; um...
Syns; 40
Fruit/veg; 2/10

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

RIGHT. Line drawn. Here we go again!

Breakfast; two sips of coffee, not counting, went cold before I could drink it! After the school run... Cup of tea, milk sugar (2 syns).

Snacks; carrot, light cow cheese

Lunch; chicken mugshot and poached egg

Have a yummy smelling beef stew in the slow cooker and have just cooked pasta for my SW quiche...

Supper; beef stew, mashed swede and potato

Nibbles; light babybel x 2, light cow cheese, bite of cottage cheese (feelin'a bit cheesy)

On my way to bed-ski but need to just get my quiche-thing out of the oven..my. Brb!

-----
Edit.
Ok, in bed, not totaling now, but wanted to note 9412 steps-and that doesn't include the school run this morning (couldn't find pedometer in time)
G'night! x

-----------
Edit!

I was all stuffed up and snuffly last night so Hubby offered me a hot whiskey drink - made with a lovely single malt. How could I resist? Need to double check but is that 4 syns?

Totals
HexA; milk in coffee, babybel and cow cheese
HexB; um. (Seems that if I'm out of Ryvita, I skip my HexBs :( )
Syns; 6
Fruit/veg; 5/10
Steps; 9412 + :)

Last edited:
I never get notification when you edit a post, so i must peep in and c what you're up to more often.
Well done for drawing that line. You can always pull it bavk by being good for next couple of days. Whens WI day again?

Weigh in is tonight!! Fun times ahead!!

But seriously, looking back at my food diary over the week, it would be really silly to expect a loss. I've been sad and struggling. (This WILL change! ) Fingers crossed for a small gain then. Or even to STS.

Fingers crossed for you. A new week for you so just go for it. X

Pound and a half on, booooooo.

I knew I had it coming though, didn't I?

Feeling stuffed up with cold so probably won't be hanging around to chat for long, but must post 'le diary aujourd'hui' :)

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar (2 Syns), apple, alpen bar (HexB)

Snack; orange, black coffee

Lunch; huge hunk of SW quiche, toffee yogurt, banana

Black coffee

Nibbles; bite of bairns beans on toast, 2 x seafood sticks, bite of SW quiche, celery with light cow cheese (HexA)

Supper (after weigh in) SW quiche, light babybel (HexA), Ryvita (HexB) glass of white wine (8 syns)

Totals;

HexA; milk, babybel and cow cheese
HexB; Ryvita and alpen bar
Syns; 10
Fruit/veg; 5/10
Steps; 9269, and that includes going out for a walk on my lunch break! :p

Feeling a little more balanced today, hurrah!

The sun is shining and it's Friday, tra-la-la-la!

Alrighty then.

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, bite of quiche while putting lunch together, pear, water.

Snack; banana, black coffee

Lunch; SW quiche, orange and fat free coconut and vanilla yogurt from aldi (SO yummy and free! ) (I totally love it when I find a new yummy thing that turns out to be free, Yay! )

Snack; crunchy pink lady apple, black coffee

After work snack! Seafood sticks (does anyone else out there surprise themselves by eating these things? )

Supper; Made in a mad rush after work! Homemade 'special fried rice' made with equal amounts cooked chicken and mixed veggies (from freezer) and flavored with garlic, ginger and soy sauce, then choc orange options (2 syns) mixed with quark for pudding, yummo.

That was three hours ago and I can already feel myself getting munchy now! I've still got healthy extras to use up tho...
----------------
Edit!

So the evenings munchy attack consisted of; 4 Ryvita, spread with 3 light cow cheese and topped with wafer thin smoked ham.

That was it.... I even treated myself to another hot whisky (4 syns) before bed (for medicinal purposes! :D) but then sneakily grabbed a BIG handful of the kids new cereal straight outta the box! Didn't weigh it obviously (when would I have had time to do THAT?) but will count that as a whole serving (harvest morn chocolate crunch, 5.5 syns)

Totals:
HexA; milk, light cow
HexB; Ryvita
Syns; 13.5
Fruit/veg; 6/10 - I think I was forgetting to count the veg in my quiche! So have got it now.
Steps; 6390

Last edited:
Good evening ladies and germs! Have been peeping in on my phone but it feels oh-so-much more official being on here on my actual laptop!

Today's diary...

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar (2syns)

Water

Lunch; poached egg, Mediterranean mugshot, 1/2 banana

Water

Supper;Syn-free yummo lasagne, salad with fatfree vinaigrette (Hellmans), and one piece of garlic bread. Not sure how to syn this, as it was very small (like 1.5 inches diameter), but definitely counts! 2 syns?
Stick of celery with cow cheese
Also... hubby opened a bag of crisps and cruelly left it on the table in front of me while pouring his beer... I had six. Medium to large ones, no idea of weight. 5 syns?
Everyone else had a Cadbury Scoopy Chocolate Egg thing, so I had fromage frais and Options, (2syns), then had an apple after the kiddoes went to bed. Just had LARGE glass of red (9 syns), and some seafood sticks and ryvita with 1 cow cheese. Sleepy, so will head up soon, but not sure I will fall asleep as had a lie in this morning!

Totals;
HexA - milk, cow cheese, ooh babybel on lasagne
HexB - Ryvita x 1,
Syns; 20 boo.
Fruit Veg; 4/10
Steps;7612 - thanks to trip to the park today

Good evening, lovely peeps! Hope you've all had a great weekend and managed to get out into the gorgeous sunshine... I wasn't outside as much as I would have liked, but some sunshine on your head is better than none!

Today's Food Diary, for your viewing pleasure...
(sorry, it's not actually very exciting)

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, bite of banana, few forkfuls of lasagna, meringue nest (3 syns) (what? you've never had a random picky breakfast like this before?)

Lunch; jacket potato with beans, salad, cucumber, tomato, coffee milk sugar 2 syns

Nibbles; 2 of my daughter's s&v crisps, bite of her vanilla ice cream (2syns?), light babybel x 1

Supper; leftover beef stew and mash, sparkling apple & raspberry

Totals
HexA; milk in coffees, light babybel
HexB; none yet!
Syns; 9
Fruit/veg; 4/10
Steps; forgot to wear my pedometer today, oops! Did loads of walking around shopping though!

Haha! See what you mean about my breakfast now!
Ooh do like lasagne but sw style is never as nice as proper white cheesy sauce. Might have to have that on a WI day to give me a week to burn it off. Youve got my tast buds tingleing.. x

Evening all! Just popping in to update my food diary and step-count, will have to check back after housework to get caught up on everyone's goings-on!

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, poached egg, beans, two Ryvita

Snack; apple slices, sparkling grapefruit

Lunch; syn free chicken fried rice

Nibbles; light cow cheese, two pink wafer biscuits (2 syns each, what a waste! ), three Youngs fish fingers, plain cooked pasta

Supper ; baked salmon with soy sauce, fusilli and steamed carrots, broc and cauli

Totals
HexA; milk in coffee, light cow, babybel light
HexB; 2 x Ryvita
Syns; 25.5 (updated from 10.5)
Steps; 14816

Yikes. That doesn't leave me much to play with if I get munchy this evening!!

-----edit!

Have just updated totals, as I gave in to the munch monster last night.
:(

Last edited:
hello honey..... just having a good old nosey x

Back