Tefal Actifry

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I really so like it, chips are yummy!

People say that it's best to wash your chips once you've cut them up to get rid of the starch. Simply put them in the actifry and poor your oil over the top of them. Don't worry cover them all however as the paddle moves them around it will turn them through the oil

To answer your question about the oil... Has to be extra virgin olive oil and if you don't use it as a HEXb you will need to count the oil as 6 syns (or 3syns if you are sharing the chips!)

Should have also said that if you don't want to use oil you can spray the chips with fry light then they would be free

Hi, I got mine from Ideal World too, with the steamer. I use mine almost daily, my husband loves the chips and as 1 green spoon of oil is all that is need, between the two of us, then they are really healthy. If you can wait long enough for the chips to go brown, patience is a virtue, then they are to die for, the best chips I have ever tasted. I read on this site that if you take the paddle out then you can cook more delicate things, I cooked sausages and they were perfect. If you wash your potatoes and then peel them thicker than you would normally,you can have your chips for tea and potato skins for supper, delicious.

You can use olive oil but frylight works just as well and makes the chips syns free.

You just spray the frylight over the top of the chips and switch the machine on.

The machine has a paddle which rotates the chips under a heating element. The chips are not immersed in oil at all which is why frylight works and why so little oil is required.

Buy one you won't regret it - as others have said it is a good idea to take out an extended warranty - although the build on the newer machines is a lot better.

Just remember to soak your chips in water for 10 minutes to get rid of some of the starch and then dry them off before putting in the machine.

I did roast parsnips in mine the other day! They were absolutely delish!!! I parboiled them first, sprinkled with rosemary and drizzled 1 tbspn garlic infused olive oil over them in the Actifry- there were enough for 4 people so one helping only cost 1.5 syns X

Have to say I was disappointed with the actifry and took mine back. My chips came out soggy looking as if I haddone Sw chips in the oven and that's exactly the reason I bought one, cos I couldn't
Make Sw chips.
Very disappointed

That's a shame that some people think it's not that great, but I can honestly say hand on heart that I love the chips that it makes, and the roast parsnips, butternut squash, sweet potato, perfectly cooked sausages and cassoulets that I've tried have been delicious! What's more, my husband has nagged me for years to get a deep fat fryer and I have point blank refused for both health and odour reasons and now he loves using the Actifry to make chips at his leisure so we're both very happy!X

Google Actifry cookbook and see what else you can cook in it - loads of things like chicken, chilli, sweet and sour chicken etc.
I have cooked lots of things in mine over the time I have had it which is over a year and although I did not buy it from Ideal World I always watch it when the Actifry is on to get ideas from Paul Burrel (the chef).
I put a chopped pepper in my chips about 10mins from the end of cooking time as they are one of my favourite veg and I have been know to forget to put any spray on the chips and they have been fine.

We bought one yesterday and it has just set on fire!!!
It's the new 'improved' black fryer. Before this though it did seem handy!

I love ours, chilli chips are fab cook your chips then 5 mins from the end add one green pepper one chilli some onion all really finely chopped and salt and pepper fab try using chilli oil x

We use our lots for chips, roast and sautee potatoes. Not only do they taste lovely, the health benefits are great and can honestly say I haven't craved or had 'chippy' chips since buying it (late last year).

Just thought I would bring this back up as OH baked some chocolate cup cakes in ours today - but not for me though.:cry::cry:
He has been going to do it for a while and finally got round to it - he took the paddle out then put in the buns in silicon cases. The first lot he kept his eye on them and took them out when he thought they were cooked. Took 12 mins.

Just thought I would bring this back up as OH baked some chocolate cup cakes in ours today - but not for me though.:cry::cry:
He has been going to do it for a while and finally got round to it - he took the paddle out then put in the buns in silicon cases. The first lot he kept his eye on them and took them out when he thought they were cooked. Took 12 mins.

How cool!! I didn't realise you could do that but it makes perfect sense!!

PS I am also an avid Kindle User!!! Reading anything good at the moment?X

christmasfairy1 said:
Have to say I was disappointed with the actifry and took mine back. My chips came out soggy looking as if I haddone Sw chips in the oven and that's exactly the reason I bought one, cos I couldn't
Make Sw chips.
Very disappointed

U must use Maris pipers and wash them. Oh I find no real need to dry them that well just cook for 5 mins with no oil on then take them out and spray or drizzle !

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

my chips are always soggy :(

I have finally sussed it - I put the actifry on for 5 mins before adding the chips and oil; that way the chips hit a hot pan and the oil is sizzling. I found this way, my chippies are crispy and delicious. woohoo, so pleased :D

Back