The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

we were taught on a training course at work (to run a weightloss clinic) that in the first one to two weeks of a new exercise program, weight can increase or stay the same as the body worries and retains excess fluid and increases blood stores in the liver.

Your body also builds muscle quickly, and not out of fat thats burned. Exercise tears the muscle fibres which must then be repaired with proteins. They grow back larger to take the extra strain.

But like you said, everyone is very different and will lose weight differently. I have known people lose weight fine in the first week of exercise, i have known more who didnt but were pleased with a substantial loss the following week. We need to recognise our own body's trends to see how we lose weight.

For example, i know if i have bread as healthy extras most of the time, my losses are rubbish, but if i switch to cereals and crispbreads they're fine. I think the body is just plain weird lol!

And really well done on the extended distance! I never watch the time on the bike lol. Whats your total now?

I much prefer your version of weight loss and the effect of exercise!!! I hate staying the same after a week of exercising from nothing the week before and people saying it can't be the exercise!!!

I'm up to 62 now but I really can't see me doing another 8 today and the challenge starts again tomorrow are we saying??

I don't know, its totally your choice as its your challenge :) don't you think you could squeeze in just one little session on the bike before bed? The feeling of accomplishment will be worth it, and weightloss is better when exercise is spread over the course of the day :)

I don't know, its totally your choice as its your challenge :) don't you think you could squeeze in just one little session on the bike before bed? The feeling of accomplishment will be worth it, and weightloss is better when exercise is spread over the course of the day :)

I DID IT!!!!!!!!

Alfie decided to want another snooze and I got back on my bike, put the next Gray's on (I record them) and did it in 18 mins!!!

Yippee, now I can rest my heavy tired tree trunk thighs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Oh heck, my first week back at work after 7 months off on maternity leave, I hope i'm not too tired to fit it in in the evenings!

I'm up for the challenge though!!!

Well done both of you ... I've so got to finish the challenge tomorrow!! Done 12 today, so 13 to go tomorrow ... & then it's a new challenge of 77!!!

Thanks Lucy .... Yes, I did it!!! Struggled a bit at the end, but I wasn't going to cave in!! I never exercise, apart from the odd bit of walking, so I'm feeling really chuffed!! Well done on your 15 ... I'm planning 11 per day for this week. Did you manage any in the end Aesir?

Back