The dreaded star week!

Would be willing to bet my left leg that I will either sts this week or gain. I'm not impressed as so far I've been completely on plan and even the wine I have on Saturday night won't take me over my syns. Being female SUCKS.

I know! And also, what with all the hormones flying around your body...........grrr.............a gain or sts could push me over the edge lol. I remember once my consultant was on hols and I put on a pound ( I had been good ) and it was that week mid cycle ( like this week ) and the visiting consultant was being all sickly sweet and saying ''oh, are you sure you have stuck to the plan this week?''............... Have you ever seen the film falling Down with Michael Douglas?? Well thats what I felt like ha ha ha. My teeth and tongue were sore by the end of class from all that gritting and biting. xx

Afetr my worry I managed to still lose 2lbs :) I'm hoping that means next week I might lose a little more, or sts seeing as I'm going to a beer fest this weekend!:O

I'm on cerazette too - never found anyone else who was until now! Had literally about 3 years with nothing and in the past 3 months I've had * week every fortnight! Driving me mad!!!!! X

I was exactly the same. Went years with pretty much nothing and then all of a sudden I was on more than not!!! Wasn't sleeping at all either so after a couple of months I made my way to the doctor and they changed my pill. Since then * week every 4th week and sleep is back to normal. Hormonal problems they said. Was my * week last week and ended up with a sts even though I had my best week ever! Was very disappointed but know it will come off next week.xx

I started mine today. Don't weigh it until Saturday so hopefully I won't notice any weight gain. I'll just have to try not to inhale every chocolate bar I come into contact with until then :eek:

i have (well, we think) PCOS, so i only actually get a star week every couple of months or something. but when i do, i tend to gain a couple of pounds, so frustrating. i sometimes take diuretics, which helps with water retention.

Ladies not sure if this is to do with *week or not but any advice or personal experience to share would be fab!

At the moment (past 3 days or so) EVERYtime I eat I feel really bloated, like I literally feel my
Stomach expand. I haven't had a 'natural' period in years due to the pill so honestly can't remember if I used to bloat before my period or not.

Do you find you bloat? How long prior to your periods would you find that you bloated? I'm not due til the middle of next week so I'm not sure if it is * related or something else.

stivesliz said:
I always like to be different so my gain is always have way through the month - 2 weeks after and before my period. I definitely bloat! x

Probably when you ovulate, I can relate as sometimes find I get all hormonal then. It has been helpful on the past as I have irregular periods (was averaging 50-60 day cycles) at it can be a sign I will be due on in 2weeks.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

My weight used to go up when I ovulate and before period, i have been using Aqua ban herbel at those times recently and the weight loss has been steady I still manage a loss on star week.

I don't really no as font get & don't c any patterns of gain or STS. Wot i fone notice is that i get really horrible sore mouth ulcers, mostly over roof of mouth. They become solid lumps & then turn in2 holes. Eating & drinking kills. Hope there r no cals in bonjela!!!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

My PMT starts 10 days before I come on, and my fluid retention about 5 days before. always gain about 2lb around this time but within 2-3 days of it actually starting it's gone. My trousers always get tight when my fluid retention starts so if my PMT hasn't been too bad I know the other tell-tale sign :) Oh to be a man !

Bump

Mine is always different, sometimes I gain, sometimes I lose, sometimes I STS. Drinking water definitely helps with my water retention though, as does drinking green tea.

I usually found that if mostly sticking to the plan, I'd get 1-2lb off, then a smaller loss, lose nothing in the week before bleeding, lose nothing while bleeding (or gain), and then if I stuck to it fully, about day 5 of bleeding I'd get a nice loss up to 3-5lb.

Last edited:
Had my first gain last week, which was also my first star week.... :cry:
Here's hoping it was just that, fingers crossed for a decent loss this week!!

Back