The Final Push- 6.5 pounds to go......

Thank you for your reply. I hope your enjoying your wedding planning- loads of time to get to your goal and find THE dress!! I think i will have to go with not having high syn things in unless I have the syns to use and not buy in bulk as I know I can not resist these things around me. It is hard but its also hard being overweight, I think I just need to remember what I want more.
I hope your having a good week.
x

It won't harm to try doing it that way! I remember when I first started sw and somebody said they didn't keep it in the house so if they wanted a chocolate bar they would walk to the shop and buy just one. I think, if you physically can, it's a good idea for at least two reasons- you'd have to really want it to bother walking to the shop and you'd get a bit of exercise too!
I'm loving all the planning so far! I have found a lovely dress but its online so I can't try it on :-/ I know it breaks tradition but I could do with some help from my OH lol. He's very honest with clothing!
Good week do far, hope yours is too? And hope you've got this lovely weather! X

Late Thursday Food Diary

Well I started the day thinking I was going to try a success express to help counteract my high synfullness!But didn't get my head round it, so used to extra easy- anyway it ended up being a extra easy in the end, so....
Breakfast: Grapes, 2 weetabix (heb), 125mls semi skimmed milk (part of hea), sugar (0.5)

Snack: Nectarines

Lunch: chicken, sw wedges, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, lighter than light mayo (0.5)

Snack: 125mls semi skimmed milk(part of hea), 11grams highlights (2), nakd cocoa (6.5)- made into chocolate milk ice 'cream'- the chopped up nakd bar made it taste so good, like chocolate brownie ice cream

Dinner: sea bass, potatoes, asparagus, cucumber, tomato, spinach

Snack: egg, 2 x wholemeal bread 400grams loaf (5), lighter than light mayo (0.5)

Exercise: 30 minutes walk with buggy

Syns: 15

Good day, sorry for lack of post last night. I worked a night shift and had a nap before I went to work, I got up late and had to rush a bit! Finger's crossed have a good day today and I really hope to maintain at weigh in tomorrow.

Hope your all well
x

It won't harm to try doing it that way! I remember when I first started sw and somebody said they didn't keep it in the house so if they wanted a chocolate bar they would walk to the shop and buy just one. I think, if you physically can, it's a good idea for at least two reasons- you'd have to really want it to bother walking to the shop and you'd get a bit of exercise too!
I'm loving all the planning so far! I have found a lovely dress but its online so I can't try it on :-/ I know it breaks tradition but I could do with some help from my OH lol. He's very honest with clothing!
Good week do far, hope yours is too? And hope you've got this lovely weather! X
I hope you manage to find somewhere that stock the dress for you to try on. Weather is beautiful here too (apart from quite a big thunder and lightening storm last night!), it is fairly hot, trying not to complain because we hardly ever get such lovely weather, just wish I had a swimming pool to dive into! My weeks going well (other than my slips off plan) looking forward to a hopefully quietish weekend!
x

Mmmm your ice 'cream' sounds delicious! I tried to make some out of fat free yoghurt a few weeks ago but it was disastrous as my ice cream machine broke and it wasn't at all sweet :-(
There's a thread explaining success express in the stickies I think- from what I can gather you get an extra Hexa and Hexb, 2/3 super free at every meal and for synned items you must use the highest syn value (so a burger for example you would take the green day syns as it is highest).
Unfortunately the dress online is online only- it's not at all expensive so may take a risk and just order it! We will see when I get to target :) x

Mmmm your ice 'cream' sounds delicious! I tried to make some out of fat free yoghurt a few weeks ago but it was disastrous as my ice cream machine broke and it wasn't at all sweet :-(
There's a thread explaining success express in the stickies I think- from what I can gather you get an extra Hexa and Hexb, 2/3 super free at every meal and for synned items you must use the highest syn value (so a burger for example you would take the green day syns as it is highest).
Unfortunately the dress online is online only- it's not at all expensive so may take a risk and just order it! We will see when I get to target :) x
Just had my ice cream again- so yummy, I use a ice cream maker called chill factor, you can only make one portion at a time which is good news for me! I have tried the yogurts in it and they don't taste fantastic- i think the fruit flavours are nicer and if you add some fruit to it better still, I tried vanilla yogurt with highlights and it was very disappointing! The milk seems to work really well.
I'd take a risk on the dress, is there any chance of returning it if your not happy? Also you could get it altered if its not quite the perfect fit.
x

oh and thanks for the info about success express, i'm going to look for the sticky!

Friday's Food Diary

Not a bad day, feeling very tired following working last night and no sleep today, yet! I may fall asleep typing this post!

Breakfast: Pineapple, banana, weetabix (heb), 125mls ss milk (hea) half teaspoon sugar (0.5)

Snack: nectarines, mini milk chocolate lolly (4.5)

Lunch: frittata- eggs, potatoes, bacon, spring onion, mushrooms. lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, egg, bananas nectarines. lighter than light mayo (0.5)

Snack: fake ice cream brownie - 125mls milk (rest of hea), highlights (2), nakd cocoa delight (6.5)

Dinner: rice, petit pois, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, onion, spices (fajitas style chicken with rice, own dry spice mix)

Syns: 14

Loads of food today but within plan, feel really full, i'm not looking forward to stepping on those scales tomorrow but I will go and face up to what I have done this week and gain some motivation to keep me going.
Hope your all good this friday evening.
x

Well all my off plan days have shown on the scales- 2pounds gain! My 6 week countdown has finished with me not getting to goal, I have paid for another six week countdown and really want to get to my goal. I know the plan works, I just need to stick with it, I am not going to my meeting next week as we are away (trying on bridesmaid dresses!) but I am going to weigh in at home and text my consultant my weight on Friday morning to help keep me on track. I plan all my meals and they are mainly within the plan (except pizza last week) I find it is often my snacks in between when I often eat without registering what I am doing, I need to develop a pause before I eat- not sure how easy this is going to be but being overweight isn't easy either.
Hope your all having a fantastic weekend.
x

Saturday's Food Diary

Feeling good, day on plan and want to continue that way!

Breakfast: Pineapple, 2 weetabix (heb), 125mls ss milk (part of hea), half teaspoon sugar (0.5)

Snack: nakd cocoa delight (6.5), danio strawberry yogurt (1)

Lunch: sw chips, omelette- mushrooms, bacon, onion, tomatoes- not a lot of superfree

Snack: apple

Dinner: sw lasagne (1.5) and salad- lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, lighter than light mayo (0.5), milk (125mls- hea), highlights (2)- made into ice cream

Not yet eaten dinner yet, we have tried the lasagne before with the egg/yogurt mixture to make the white sauce and it was really yummy, we have a big salad and my homemade ice cream to finish- i really shouldn't need anymore food after that lot but have loads of fruit ready if needed!
I need to keep my motivation going to get me to go my target.

Sunday's Food Diary

Really good day, on plan. Bit topsy tirvy with planned lunch being dinner because of lack of time having been out shopping in the morning/afternoon, so here it is:

Breakfast: eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes. 2x be good to yourself Cumberland sausages (1)

Snack: banana, nakd cocoa delight (6.5), cafe nero fruit salad- apple, pineapple, melon, grapes, orange

Lunch: 2 weetabix (heb), 125mls milk (part hea), half teaspoon sugar (0.5)

Snack: Danio strawberry (1)

Dinner: Salmon fish cake- salmon, potatoes, onion. asparagus, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, spring onion, tomatoes, lighter than light mayo (0.5)

Snack: chocolate ice cream (125mls milk hea & highlights 2), grapes.

Syns: 11.5

I need to keep up my motivation, feeling determined, heres to a fantastic food optimising week!

Foods sounding lovely :) sorry to hear about your gain! I've had a weekend totally off plan but looking forward to doing a big shop tonight and doing my meal plan.
Can I ask how much a 6wk countdown is? And do you know if I would have an extra fee to pay as I don't go already? I'm thinking a group might help me shift my last bit and stick to plan. I can feel myself slipping! X

Foods sounding lovely :) sorry to hear about your gain! I've had a weekend totally off plan but looking forward to doing a big shop tonight and doing my meal plan.
Can I ask how much a 6wk countdown is? And do you know if I would have an extra fee to pay as I don't go already? I'm thinking a group might help me shift my last bit and stick to plan. I can feel myself slipping! X
I feel so motivated when I've planned my meals and do a big shop! I'm not sure what the membership fee is, it might be on the slimming world website, the 6 week countdown was around £25, I love my group and feel so motivated when I able to stay to the group, the consultant is great and even listening to other members opinions and experiences is really good for me, I'd definitely recommend it (though as my recent gain shows it is still up to me what I put in my mouth!).
Hope your having a great day.
x

I feel so motivated when I've planned my meals and do a big shop! I'm not sure what the membership fee is, jt mihht be on the slimming world website, the 6 week countdown was around £25, I love my group and feel so motivated when I able to stay to the group, the consultant is great and even listening to other members opinions and experiences is really good for me, I'd definitely recommend it (though as my recent gain shows it is still up to me what I put in my mouth!).
x

I feel so motivated when I've planned my meals and do a big shop! I'm not sure what the membership fee is, jt mihht be on the slimming world website, the 6 week countdown was around £25, I love my group and feel so motivated when I able to stay to the group, the consultant is great and even listening to other members opinions and experiences is really good for me, I'd definitely recommend it (though as my recent gain shows it is still up to me what I put in my mouth!).
x

Thanks for the info! I will look into it as can cope with £25! i think a friend attends group on a weds so might tag along with her...
I can imagine it being really useful talking to people that understand slimming world!
I'm enjoying my day but it isn't on plan! Oh dear lol. Just got back from shopping so going to work out the weeks meals and throw a soup in the slow cooker, ready for tomorrow!
Hope you're having a good Monday x

Thanks for the info! I will look into it as can cope with £25! i think a friend attends group on a weds so might tag along with her...
I can imagine it being really useful talking to people that understand slimming world!
I'm enjoying my day but it isn't on plan! Oh dear lol. Just got back from shopping so going to work out the weeks meals and throw a soup in the slow cooker, ready for tomorrow!
Hope you're having a good Monday x
I find it so motivating and having six weeks to get to target could help keep you focused, worth a try. Tomorrow is another day forget about today- I think if i dwell on it too much I end up eating off plan for longer- what's done is done, let me know if you decide to go on wednesday and I hope you find it useful.
x

Monday's Food Diary:

Good day today, feel totally in the zone at the moment, need to keep going, still a while until my official weigh in a week Saturday because I'm away this week, long may the motivation continue!

Breakfast: 2 wholemeal toast (heb), eggs, beans, banana, nectarines

Snack: grapes

Lunch: eggs, chicken, lighter than light mayo (0.5) cucumber, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, nectarines, grapes, mini milk chocolate lollipop (4.5)

Snack: shapers mint bar (4), Danio strawberry (1)

Dinner: Sea bass, potatoes, courgettes, tomatoes, salad- spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, lighter than light mayo (0.5), white wine vinegar, highlights (2) and milk (hea) made into ice cream- not eaten dinner and dessert yet but its date night so no internet/work once baby is in bed!

Feeling a bit headachy this evening, shouldn't be dehydrated- i've been drinking water alot today but it has been hot, hopefully it will be gone soon! Have a great evening.
x

Tuesday's Food Diary:

Good day today, feeling hungry this evening, well not actually hungry just bored and I often confuse the two feelings and usually give the feeling some food to keep quiet! I am on plan so I will take my time to look at my list of motivations to keep going, so heres my diary:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (heb), 125ml milk (hea), half teaspoon sugar (0.5), banana, nectarines

Snack: Danio strawberry (1), 2 x mint shapers (8)

Lunch: cous cous and roasted veg- pepper, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, courgettes. peach, pear

Dinner: chicken, rice, petit pois, egg, soy sauce, onion, courgettes, mushrooms, pepper, garlic (used fry light to make it into a fried rice dish- really tasty!) lighter chocolate mousse (3.5) and 'ice cream'- highlights (2) and remainder of hea milk

Syns :15- full quota today!

Exercise: loads of walking!

Good day today however first day since weigh in on Saturday that I can feel my self straying- only thinking about high syn foods, not actually eating them which is positive!

Hope your all having a good week!

Wednesday's Food Diary:

Good day, again a little bored and my mind turning to food but again I stayed on plan. I really want to get to my target now!!

Breakfast: wholemeal bread (heb), eggs, banana, peach.

Snack: Pear

Lunch: jacket potatoes, baked beans, lettuce, spinach, choc ice (6.5)

Snack: mini milk chocolate lollipop (4.5) danio strawberry yogurt (1)

Dinner: prawns, noodles and stir fry veg- mushrooms, onion, mangetout, baby sweetcorn, etc etc... chocolate ice cream (milk hea and highlights 2)

Syns: 14

Exercise: more than 30minutes walking (should mix up exercise a bit but find i'm fairly exhausted in the evening when I have time to exercise without my son)

Good day, motivation still high, I hope come friday morning I see a good result and an even better result at my official weigh in a week saturday!

Have a good evening.
x

Hiya, just having a read through your food for the day (I feel hungry and am torturing myself lol). Was your mini milk a lolly? I think they are only 1.5 syns- 30cals?!
Re your exercise, can you do any DVDs/short workouts during the day? Having said that its lovely to get out walking in this weather. I hear good things about "the 30 day shred"- free on YouTube and only short so manageable (keep meaning to do it myself lol)!
X

Hiya, just having a read through your food for the day (I feel hungry and am torturing myself lol). Was your mini milk a lolly? I think they are only 1.5 syns- 30cals?!
Re your exercise, can you do any DVDs/short workouts during the day? Having said that its lovely to get out walking in this weather. I hear good things about "the 30 day shred"- free on YouTube and only short so manageable (keep meaning to do it myself lol)!
X
Hello Rosie, how are you getting on? The mini milk isnt the frozen one it's like a chocolate on a stick off the top of my head think its 90cals- but i'm now craving an ice mini milk instead!!!! I've got the 30 day shred dvd so may dig that out for a bit of variety! Its so lovely the weather its great to be out and about, maybe when the weather gets back to normal british summer i'll do some indoor exercise, I should really make an effort in the evening to exercise because it would probably give me more energy. I did enjoy going running and bootcamps pre baby so should try and fit in running a couple of evenings a week. Thank you Rosie, you've inspired me to make more of an effort! Though sadly i'm work a night shift so tonight it may not happen!

So sorry for lack of food diary on thursday, night shift that was mad busy so unable to update diary, didn't actually sit down the whole night, thankfully I had took in chopped pineapple to chuck into me whilst on the go, its so easy to stray off plan when you don't have time to think about how to feed your hunger!!!

So yesterday I went slightly over syns oops! got to 25, I had started the day feeling like having a flexiday however it wasn't really properly structured to be called flexiday. what is done is done!

Anyway yesterday is over and today is a new day with an unofficial weigh in of 10:7 meaning a three pound loss!!! it was suggested in group to weigh in and text my leader the result as I can't go to weigh in this week and I really think it has helped keep me focused. I am now 4 pounds away from target (i can't believe it- I've not been this weight in my adult life- not that I can remember!)I have to make this target my priority, we are away this weekend but its family/friends who know I'm healthy eating, this plan is for life!

Hope your all good,normal diary postage will resume this evening!

Back