Third times a charm

Nikkii65

After losing 4stone 6 years ago on CWP and keeping it off until having a baby 2 years ago and piling it back on during my maternity leave, I decided to to CWP again in January. Lost nearly 3 stone on that until May time, where I was diagnosed with the dreaded gallstones :oops: add a week all inclusive in the mix and I’m now 10ish pounds heavier.
So this time I’m using the remaining CWP and Exante products I have left over to get back on track, especially after seeing my weight at my pre op last week. First goal is to be a stone lighter before my operation on the 30th, mainly so I don’t get ‘that’ look the next time they weigh me.
Started on Saturday and had 4 products for my first day, Sunday was a bust as my parents took us out for the day. It was planned so I knew it’d happen but couldn’t put off starting the diet any longer. Today was a breeze, apart from the naff vending machine coffee at work.
12 hours shift at work tomorrow I’m dreading, as I could never get the timings right with my meals while there, with the 6am starts.

Hope your getting on ok. I’ve never done mixes just stuck to shakes and bars

I had my GB out a number of years ago. It’s not to bad recovery wise.

Also if anyone tried the exante fajita mixes when they were on, how did you get them to resemble anything like a fajita? Mine are just awful
The mixes haven't been on since I started this but...I think Full Fathom, an older member who finished their diet said something about them some time ago. I think it was something to do with the wrap she put on a non stick baking paper but less thin than they recommend....not sure though, I may be getting this completely wrong....

After losing 4stone 6 years ago on CWP and keeping it off until having a baby 2 years ago and piling it back on during my maternity leave, I decided to to CWP again in January. Lost nearly 3 stone on that until May time, where I was diagnosed with the dreaded gallstones :oops: add a week all inclusive in the mix and I’m now 10ish pounds heavier.
So this time I’m using the remaining CWP and Exante products I have left over to get back on track, especially after seeing my weight at my pre op last week. First goal is to be a stone lighter before my operation on the 30th, mainly so I don’t get ‘that’ look the next time they weigh me.
Started on Saturday and had 4 products for my first day, Sunday was a bust as my parents took us out for the day. It was planned so I knew it’d happen but couldn’t put off starting the diet any longer. Today was a breeze, apart from the naff vending machine coffee at work.
12 hours shift at work tomorrow I’m dreading, as I could never get the timings right with my meals while there, with the 6am starts.
Welcome Nikki65:classic_smile:

How is it going?

It’s going ok, my delivery of meals came today so I’m not just on shakes. Will give me a bit of variety on my night shifts, planning on 4 products for them days.

Gallbladder is out on the 30th, so depending on what pain relief I have after it I may have to add a small meal.

I gave up on the fajitas, I didn’t even attempt the pizzas I had left over as I wasn’t fussed on them last time I had them, and the smell put me off instantly.

When is your weigh in?

I hope it’s a good one:classic_wink:

I think they recommend upping your protein for healing after an operation...if I remember correctly that was the recommendation on most VLCD’s.

I have never tried the Exante meals so can’t comment on what they are like...I stuck with shakes and bars when I tried it...it’s so long ago now... I don’t think they had meals back then.:classic_roll_eyes:

I’m going to do my weigh in on Friday I think, purely because I remember weighing myself after my night shifts and actually gaining. I think it’s a mixture of lack of sleep, and not drinking enough while on shift. So hopefully by Friday it should have all evened out.

Also if anyone tried the exante fajita mixes when they were on, how did you get them to resemble anything like a fajita? Mine are just awful
I think all vlcd "meals" never resemble whatever they are supposed to be. Just some semblance of that flavour. We have chicken nuggets. Maybe they are chickeny - but no nugget characteristics are all!

Yes - "spaghetti bolognaise" is off my menu. Horrible. The vegetable chilli pack is still lurking in the cupboard. I also have various soups - which I look and leave - in favour of sweet sachets, omlettes or "chicken nuggets", that can be cooked in little clumps - and i have as a sort of savory pancake.

So I only lost 5 pound, but I did cheat a couple of days. Mainly because some waste of space ripped the wheel straight off my car and then carried on driving. So the last couple of days have been a nightmare but onwards and upwards. Been back on plan today with only a little protein to get me through.
The only saving grace to that day was that it was outside my house and the wheel he took off needed refurbing anyway, so I’m deffo going to get a nice shiny alloy now either way.
But 5pound is still 5pound gone so along with my 90day shred workout I’ll get there eventually.

How frustrating about yr car.

5lbs is really good as you went off plan. Nikkii - I'm just a bit worried that a 90 day shred is a lot for yr body to take on while starting a vcld. Have you felt OK? Not light headed?

Oh my Nikki. That is so frustrating about your car! You are doing really well considering all this - 5lb is brilliant! I say slow and steady wins this race but 5lb isnt slow - you are doing really well. I agree with Ali's question - are you managing okay with the 90day shred plus vlcd? I wouldn't personally been able to include thay much physical activity during the 600cal weeks. You are doing really well but don't try to push yourself too much...unless you feel your body saying it is all fine and good, surely!

Back