Time to change but need help!

Glad you had a good day on Friday and that all is good with bloke xx

Where are you foxy? Xx

Hope you're ok? Been keeping an eye out for you xx

Left us on a total cliffhanger on the man front X

Urgh. Sorry guys. I went abroad at short notice and when I got there, had no net access or reception. It was a fantastic trip though :)

I am back and have a lot of catching up to do! LIke hundreds of pages of diaries to read through!

So foodwise and weightwise. I think I've remained neutral whilst away - I did eat more, particularly a bit of chocolate and more bread than I would normally, plus a fair bit to drink. On the other hand, I walked at least 1-2 hours a day, more sometimes, in sub-arctic temperatures and did a lot of manual tasks like fetch wood and water and carried a heavy rucksack...PLus we were communal cooking so portions weren't huge and snacking was limited in between meals.

It had however left me with a renewed taste for chocolate/biscuits which I am trying to kick (she says as sitting here munching on a piece of toblerone - to be fair I bought it at the airport at the start of the trip and have only eaten 4 triangles in a week...although they are 147 cals per triangle...). BUt the cravings are kind of starting to come back so got to kick that to the GROUND.

Next step (literally) is to up the exercise. I am in two minds - salsa dancing classes after work or a women's basketball group? WEather is a bit rubbish for outdoor running at the moment so leaving that for another month or so.

On the bloke front, taximan is still talking to me in a squeakily high voice despite me treating him as normal. It's obviously sparked off some crush - bless. I know his wife though which is one of the reasons he was so mortified the next day as he clearly isn't the cheating lothario kind. Just very drunk which to be fair we both were.

Guy...hmmm...well I was very annoyed with him before going away as he was meant to review something and didn't, which made my last day before holiday a nightmare. I think he then realised he'd been thoughtless and did his best to make it up to me.

However today, which was the first time I've seen him since coming back, we had a right laugh. I was teasing him and he was laughing at all my jokes - struggling to control his laughter on a call to the client. Now that I'm not so nervous around him, I can be more myself and I have quite a dry sense of humour that obviously ticks his boxes. I spent a couple of hours working with him today and apart from trying not to stare at him, it was very enjoyable.

If I want to see him I send him an email saying to tell me when he's free and I'll come to his office, and he then appears at my desk instead - bingo - the training is working! I think he prefers being friendly and flirty away from where his team can see. I am feeling more and more secure that there is a mutual attraction but it's on the slow burn.

Well this is all very positive!!

Your trip sounds random and lots of fun! I wish I had stayed neutral in flipping Hong Kong. Bloody mandarin oriental cake shop

Liking the resumed office flirting.

Zero to report on the man front for me. FFS!!

OKey dokey.

228lbs on the scales this morning - not bad considering the slippage in eating and also that it's coming up to ToM again so feeling a bit bloated. However, given I was 229lbs at the start of the month, NOT GREAT. Massively behind where I'd hoped I'd be towards the end of Feb - by about 8lbs sigh.

Time to refocus.
No fizzy drinks.
Try and limit alcohol.
No snacks/chocolate/biscuits
Focus on protein rather than carbs

Revised target/timeline:
226 by 2 March
222 by 16 March
218 by 30 March
210 by end of April
202 by end of May
194 by end of June
186 by end of July
180 by end of August - target (for now!)

On the upside, I am still continuing to be able to get into clothes that didn't fit me a while back so still shrinking...and feeling better and better about how I look.

Blondcat - I think you did well in HK not to put on a stone!!! I'd have eaten my way through the trip as Chinese food is so nice!!

Becky - how did the date go with your friend's brother?

You will probably find that you've toned up a lot if you're getting into smaller clothes, muscle weighs more than fat so can slow your losses even though your shape is improving. Well done on the inch loss, and for getting refocused x

As for my love life. ..its a bit of a non starter. ...We went on two really good dates but I'm not looking to get into anything serious, I'm 33 almost divorced and with a 7 (almost 8) year old daughter so I kind of feel that for now I don't want to get into anything heavy just have fun. He is 40, never been married, no kids and looking for someone he can do all of that with....I'm glad we both laid it out before things could have got serious. ..although who knows how either of us would feel down the line. ... my brother in law was in a similar situation and was with someone who never wanted to settle down so now he's in his mid 40's and doesn't think it will ever happen, I wouldn't want to be the reason for that for someone. ...if that makes sense?

OKey dokey.

228lbs on the scales this morning - not bad considering the slippage in eating and also that it's coming up to ToM again so feeling a bit bloated. However, given I was 229lbs at the start of the month, NOT GREAT. Massively behind where I'd hoped I'd be towards the end of Feb - by about 8lbs sigh.

Time to refocus.
No fizzy drinks.
Try and limit alcohol.
No snacks/chocolate/biscuits
Focus on protein rather than carbs

Revised target/timeline:
226 by 2 March
222 by 16 March
218 by 30 March
210 by end of April
202 by end of May
194 by end of June
186 by end of July
180 by end of August - target (for now!)

On the upside, I am still continuing to be able to get into clothes that didn't fit me a while back so still shrinking...and feeling better and better about how I look.

Blondcat - I think you did well in HK not to put on a stone!!! I'd have eaten my way through the trip as Chinese food is so nice!!

Becky - how did the date go with your friend's brother?

Well done for setting a new plan, you can do it blue, i too am starting afresh today =)

I think we're all doing a bit of 're focusing' just now Blue!! You have done great so far - maybe not off as quick as you want it but the scale is going down and not up which is great!! You'll get there eventually but it's ok for life to happen here and there to slow things down now and again - wish it didn't tho!!x

Morning my lovelies!

I think we're all doing a bit of 're focusing' just now Blue!! You have done great so far - maybe not off as quick as you want it but the scale is going down and not up which is great!! You'll get there eventually but it's ok for life to happen here and there to slow things down now and again - wish it didn't tho!!x

Well done for setting a new plan, you can do it blue, i too am starting afresh today =)

Thanks burstingattheseams and BinkyBonk! I think the January "kick" is over and Feb is the doldrums for weight loss then we all start to think about summer and get serious again!! Glad to know its not just me - frustrating though to look back and think I could have been another 7-10lbs on my way by now if I'd got my act together!

I am definitely back with my game head on! I was 231lbs on the apartment scales this morning (the ones that add 3-4lbs on top of my ones at home) - this is the lowest I've ever been on the scales here so I figuring I must be about 227lbs. Plus I am bloated due to ToM coming so I feel good re weight loss by the end of Feb.

Becky - you are very right - I am finding clothes looser so must be getting a bit more toned. I noticed yesterday for the first time that my bra was getting baggy in the cup area and I've moved up a notch on the back strap as well as moving two notches on belts. Feeling great about this. :) I am just out of a size 18 in shops though which is annoying - nevermind, it won't be long!

I had a kick ass day yesterday. Kept it to about 1300 cals foodwise and work was great. Spent a while with guy at the end of the day in his office about a problem with a client - he listened, took my advice very seriously and acted immediately. That's how I like it. So the upshot is I will have to go on a business trip abroad to sort the issue out (only a day trip) but I have a feeling the client might ask him to go with me or he might decide he needs to come....Fingers crossed - a whole day of airports and travelling and meetings and just us having lunch..! It would be great.

Then I told guy about a different opportunity I had for him in his field of expertise and he was like a little boy - his face lit up and he was all chuffed he could show he was an expert - he was really almost desperate to show off in front of me hahahaha. It was very funny. I let him parade around a bit and just sat there with a smile on my face. Plus I wore a shirt that was..lets just say...a bit cleavage revealing. Always a good idea. He's usually grumpy on a Monday so it was lovely to find him in a good mood and pleased to see me.

As for my love life. ..its a bit of a non starter. ...We went on two really good dates but I'm not looking to get into anything serious, I'm 33 almost divorced and with a 7 (almost 8) year old daughter so I kind of feel that for now I don't want to get into anything heavy just have fun. He is 40, never been married, no kids and looking for someone he can do all of that with....I'm glad we both laid it out before things could have got serious. ..although who knows how either of us would feel down the line. ... my brother in law was in a similar situation and was with someone who never wanted to settle down so now he's in his mid 40's and doesn't think it will ever happen, I wouldn't want to be the reason for that for someone. ...if that makes sense?

Becky - I completely understand - it all gets so complicated when you come out of a major relationship, especially with kids involved. The main thing is you know what you want right now and are honest enough to say it. Shame though if there was a spark with him - maybe just stay friends and the time might be right further down the line?

This seems to be fresh start week. Wish I could find the article but read something a few weeks ago that said most dieters fall off the wagon by early feb. The successful dieters are the ones that get back in it by the end of February.

We can defo do it x

Yes as I sit here eating broccoli soup for lunch..:.i wholeheartedly agree!

Yes as I sit here eating broccoli soup for lunch..:.i wholeheartedly agree!

This seems to be fresh start week. Wish I could find the article but read something a few weeks ago that said most dieters fall off the wagon by early feb. The successful dieters are the ones that get back in it by the end of February.

We can defo do it x

Feb has definitely been hard work for me too!

Thinking about all the lovely summer clothes I want to buy is the only thing that's kept me going!

Feeling really low tonight :( alone in the city and there's only so many nights I can arrange to meet people and go out drinking. Not going to eat loads of junk though. Just had a venison steak instead.

FOod today:
left over smoked salmon for breakfast - 200 cals
ham sandwich for lunch - 300 cals
skinny latte - 75 cals
4 cups of tea - 40 cals
slices of chicken breast - 120 cals
Venison steak - 350 cals

Total - 1135
Although I might have a glass of wine.

Down to 230lbs on the apartment scales this morning which should mean 226lbs at home.

Aw blue!! You've got all us to chat to and you don't even need to come for diner or drinks with us so win win!!
Do you travel home at weekends? Must be hard being away all week x

I was just a bit down after a hard day at work and guy walked straight past my desk last thing but didn't stop or say hello. I ended up going round to a girl friends house and having a lovely chat that cheered me up.

today much better though! And 229lbs on the apartment scales so very interested in weigh in back home tomorrow am. Size 18 jeans were looser than ever and another notch down on the belt.

Omg
guys I have 4 weeks to lose as much weight as possible and find a beautiful dress. I've just found out there's a black tie ball for our whole department...Faint at thought of guy in a tuxedo (it's already in his diary...). There will be drinking and dancing until late. If there's ever a chance to temp him...

ok so first off I am going to try and run 5k 5 days a week. Going to try and cut down on drinking - wasted calories!

Could i manage a stone or more in 4 weeks? That would take me down to 213lbs and around the bottom end of 18 or top end of 16..... Right!!!!!

Last edited:
You can definitely do that blue! How exciting - do love a new frock occasion!!x

Hi blue,

A stone in 4 weeks is doable but will be very hard work. ... like lots of exercise, no alcohol, minimal calories. ..think monk like existence! You might be better off aiming for 10lbs which is 2.5 per week so still a challenge and then deal with the other 4 straight after x

Back