Top Tips for Newbies

Some people find that splitting the packs into halves helps them get through the day. So, for example, have half a shake or bar and then have the other half later on.

I generally use much more water with the shakes than the instructions say. At the moment I'm having the vanilla shake split into 2 made up hot with a couple of espresso shots. I make each half pack up with 500ml of water and they keep me going from 10am when I have my first one until lunchtime.

Or you could save the half shake for a bedtime drink. Everyone is different so it's about what works for you as an individual.

I'd recommend selling any packs you don't like on Ebay. People will buy almost anything on Ebay and you'd be pretty certain to get most of your money back that way.

Its not petty. Theres a risk of people selling out of date packs, or as was common on ebay a while ago packs that were tampered with. It also encourages spammers and people to join purely to sell things.

Also if people arrange to sell through the forum and its allowed and it goes wrong, its Minimins they come back to with complaints.

Because of the pitfalls and problems weve seen the fairest and simplest way is not to allow sales/swaps etc

I see the problem with this as no one really knows anyone (well very few). I used to read HotUKDeals and there were always stacks of posts from people complaining that people had ripped them off. I can understand why Minimins doesn't want to get involved in that to be honest.

a couple of fair reasons there

I think deleting posts where people have mentioned they have packs they dont want is going a bit far though

Ive found throughout this diet my taste for the packs has completely changed , a meal i liked 2 months ago and ordered lots of I now cant stand and Im stuck with packs i dont want , Ive mentioned it on a few threads , doesnt mean Im trying to swap them , just sharng my thoughts , which is what the forum is for after all

Its editing gone a bit too far really , people are just expressing their tastes , what they like and what they dont like and how their opinions change

Im sure other forums do this

Anyway , just my opinion, Ill stick to the rules :)

A lot of people comment that they have packs they dont like and are wanting rid of, in some cases its quite clearly a way of letting people know theyre willing to sell or swap.

To be honest its better posts are edited, than threads pulled or posts deleted which has been done in the past on other sections.

Unfortunately its a rule which will be remaining in place

The rules are the rules but i would hate to think my PM's are being read if thats the case....

I have some really personal conversations with people i consider to be close friends on this forum!!!

Hmmmmmm......

any suggestions for making the porridge? I love porridge but I made a sachet this morning with a pinch of cinamen and water (like milk for tea/coffee)and it was vile. hoping there is a way of improving as Ii like the idea of having porridge at the weekend.

How did it turn out? Was it the taste you hated rather than the texture?

Cute puppies :). Yours?

I mix it with 180ml water, pop in microwave for 1 minute, take out and stir and then pop back in for around 30 seconds or so. When it starts to rise up I take out, stir and leave to stand for 3 mins. I find it too watery if it hasn't got to the point where it has 'risen'. Watch it tho as it easily boils over (been there done that :)). It's a bit of an acquired taste. Some people love it, some people hate it. I like it personally but wasn't keen the first time I tried it. Tried it again a week later and liked it :)

Cute puppies :). Yours?

I mix it with 180ml water, pop in microwave for 1 minute, take out and stir and then pop back in for around 30 seconds or so. When it starts to rise up I take out, stir and leave to stand for 3 mins. I find it too watery if it hasn't got to the point where it has 'risen'. Watch it tho as it easily boils over (been there done that :)). It's a bit of an acquired taste. Some people love it, some people hate it. I like it personally but wasn't keen the first time I tried it. Tried it again a week later and liked it :)

thank you. I'll try doing it like that tomorrow. No puppies aren't mine but I have a year old German Shepherd and a 16 month old labrador. love them too bits. Ii could find a photo on my computer of my dogs so my sis downloaded me this one as I thought it was really cute

Awww dont give up on the porridge once you get it right its lovely and very filling

i add cold water ,stir vigourously with fork (dont know how much , ive got used to guessing) microwave for 2 minutes
take out and stir vigorously with a fork again
microwave 30 second s , stir , and then keep giving it short bursts in microwave catching it before it boils over and stirring , keep repeating until it looks set, leave to cool

the way i make it , it ends up smooth consistency , not lumpy at all

It took me a good half dozen attempts to perfect my technique , and i still cock it up sometimes , but it gets better with practice and im happy with the end result

I cook it in a plastic tuppaware container , I found in a bowl it boiled over too quickly and one day i had no clean bowls ha ha , what a confession !! so used a plastic container , seemed to work better so stuck with it

practice makes perfect , I liken the taste to a semolina rather than any porridge ive ever had

i make it with water , as it tastes the same as made with milk

Back