TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Totally agree with cavegirl.

Also things become a habit for me before they become a regular one. I joined a gym in 2008. I went and then I didn't for a long time and then Id go again and then not. But the massive gaps became less frequent and shorter periods of time.

In the last 6 months I have been my best with exercise. At most doing something 5 times, at least, one time a week. But I do not do the same things day in day out. I know that really works for some but it doesn't keep me interested. Some weeks all I want to do is swim and others I don't want to leave the house so I do kettlebells and dvds.

It makes progress at lot harder to track in each individual discipline. But overall my health and fitness are improving exponentially and I am remaining interested and definitely getting into a habit!

Sorry...went on a bit there... haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ahhh small world :)

Hey ladies :) sounds like this thread is working! I'm feeling pretty good, lots of walking at work and keeping nicely in my points!

How's everyone else?

Hungry today! Going to have a nice early dinner and then bed. Easiest way to deal I think!

Feeling great today - having my alternate day off from exercise - I've had such a sedentary lifestyle that I need to ease into it gently so I'm doing 30 mins brisk walking on the treadmill then a beginners kettlebell workout every other day to give my sleepy muscles time to recover. After a month I'll increase it to 6 days a week hoping I'm not going to suffer too much from aching muscles. In general then is it better to increase the frequency of the exercise OR extend the time spent exercising OR intensify the pressure for instance make the treadmill sloping?

any ideas?

WG x

I would say make it harder. Time is precious and it might put you off if you start going for longer, so maybe work harder to start with?

Good points loopy and cavegirl - I understand the HIIT is done in 2 minute bursts isn't it? Two minutes high intensity, then two minutes normal for 20-30 minutes? So as I increase my workout, do you think I should still do 3/4 sessions a week but start adding in high intensity bursts? I'm not running at the moment, just walking because I want to keep it low impact given my age and my body weight, maybe I should use a bike?

WI tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see whether my body has burned fat or is retaining water because it normally retains water as soon as I pick up the exercise (and that's usually what puts me off because the weight loss slows down) but I'm not feeling it this time, although I'm more relaxed about my journey this time, I've accepted that this is a lifestyle change and so there is no other path to follow other than the one that leads to a healthy mind and body.

Hows everyone else doing?

WG x

Just seconding cave girl. When I was maintaining at the end of last year I was working out 4-6 times a week and although I had no weightloss my inch loss was amazing!

I thought you ladies might be interested to know I surpassed my 20% total loss this am! woop!

You should look at weight loss over a month not each week.Also scales may not be going down but you may be losing inches from the exercising.:)

I would walk faster than normal for a couple of mins then drop back to a steady pace then up it again.Do it every other day.

If you have a bike you could do that on the non treadmill days.:)

You're so right, cavegirl, only half a pound off this week so although I'm weighing weekly, I shall ignore it til the end of the month and then review it as a whole.

I am so sedentary normally that when I wear a pedometer some days I do less than 1,000 steps, 30 mins on the treadmill and it's 3,000 steps so it's no wonder my body is hanging on to every morsel, it must be in total shock! Carting me and Usain Bolt around all time, it's no wonder I'm knackered!

Tomorrow I'll try the HIIT and see if I can survive it! Does HIIT remind you of menopause medication or is it just me?

Thanks for the tips, cavegirl and loopy,

WG x

I did the hiit thing when I trained to do a 5k, jog one min, walk one min then jog two walk one then reduced the walk time. It really does work :)

Here's to another good day :)

I think I may have overdone it on the HIIT, my knees were giving in on Friday and after my session for the rest of the day I could hardly walk the pain was so bad. I've rested for the last two days but then I'm going back to it on Monday, maybe not with the same intensity though until I've built up a bit more strength.

It's a great idea though and I'm going to stick with it, how's everyone else done this weekend?

WG x

I've been slightly off plan but done no damage which is always the aim so very happy with myself. Went for a run with my fella yesterday. I've normally been doing c25k apps. Up to running about 12 min segments. But this time I just put some music on and ended up running 30 mins no stopping, 5 min walk and then another 15 min run. Mental. Off running with my friend tonight and not sure I'll manage that again, very achey today but so chuffed with myself!!

Hope you feel better wg. Keep pushing through x

Thanks mb and loops! Didn't go on the treadmill today, knees still sore and I don't want to do any damage but back at it tomorrow - definite!

Great job on the running, mb! 30 mins then 15 mins is amazing!

Sticking 100% to the plan though - just want the extra boost that exercise will give me ...:sigh:

WG x

Back