TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Wow mb! (Can I call you mb now we're friends? Lol)

You must be so dedicated to run in those conditions! As my Dad always says: there's no such thing as bad weather - just unsuitable clothing! Good on you though when stormy weather would make the ideal excuse - makes my bleating on about a cough sound really feeble!

I've had a rest day today to give my screaming muscles a break but I'll be back on it tomorrow! If you've lost 7.5 this week then that must be the way to go - congratulations! Did you spend 6 months maintaining (and a great job you've done of it) for a reason?

WG x

You can call me what you like! Lol

It was probably the worst weather I have ever run in. More of a mental challenge than physical. But was so proud of myself afterwards. I did an extra long session in the gym yesterday too. Just seem to have a lot of energy recently!

Uhhm I didn't maintain for a real reason. I just went through a lot of changes at once. Met a new man. Changed from being a full time student to a full time job and found it hard to work out how to fit the gym in so I just focused on maintenance. Considering I hadn't been that weight in 3-4 years I'm happy I proved to myself I can maintain. Gives me hope for the end of my journey!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Also having a cold is not feeble. Illness is the only real excuse because you can do more damage than good if you are not on top form. I'll allow it... haha! X

Yeah but you have to be at deaths door not to be able to do any exercise.;) Slight sniffles don't count.:)

Yes I agree!

I really hope so. I know it will slow so I need to really increase the exercise and make the most of each session. Down to 16st1 today. At 16st exactly that will be 20% total loss. Cannot wait for that!

Hey all, thank you for the kick in the pants. :)

I'm doing much better. I'm slowly figuring out lots of tasty and satisfying things to eat. My problem has always been that i'm a grazer, so i'm making sure i have plenty of low-cal snacks about, but also making sure that they aren't things i can just pick up and eat, i have to prepare them a little, it's making me more aware of how often i'm going to grab something.

I've also taken to starting my day with two big glasses of water and doing the same with every meal, extra hydration never hurts and i feel fuller.

Had a wobble last night but my husband supported me through it and pointed out that if i succumb to temptation a little it's not so bad, i'm not blowing my whole diet by slipping a tiny bit now and then, i just need to square my shoulders and get back on track. I was having a terrible toast craving (why is it when you shouldn't have something you want it most?) and he all but ordered me to have two slices with light butter. His reasoning was, if i make myself miserable by craving things, i'll fall off the wagon, if i indulge sometimes and carry on, yes my loss will be slower, but i'll stick to it. He made a great point.

I lost half a stone that first week but on;y seem to have lost a pound since, if i'm not seeing slightly better results soon i'll decrease my calorie limit by 100.

On my "treat" days (once a week) i add an extra 200 calories to my limit, that way i'm still restricting, but not as tightly, before i would have a complete "day off" and i'd never want to get back to it the following day, it was the demise of more than one attempt, so far, it seems good. Unfortunately i get bored without them and that has also killed some attempts. Last treat day saw a low calorie six inch sub with all the veg and a carefully budgeted for kebab on a day spent walking round our local city.

So, thank you.

You were a great help, and i'm starting to turn my thinking around.

Hi ladies.

Nervously waves at everyone as I'm not on topic ;) hehe but looking for some forums where people are chatting! Have said hello on a few and then silence.....

So maybe it's me!! Oh dear :-/

You are all doing so well! Great motivation gives me the kick up the bum I need! :)

Lucy

Hello again!

Serial dieter although do manage to keep most off, just never get to goal!

Back on weight watchers with the fact that I am 30 this year reminding me to just get on and do it. Booked a holiday in May, so would be nice to be down to what I want to be (still tbc but around 10 stone depending on clothes size really).

I go to Zumba classes, normally 2-3 a week (but as I wasn't dieting, it did nowt as I eat to compensate!). And will go back to that when I'm back home but am living away at the moment so gettin to the classes is tough, as I am never around. But due home in 5 weeks for a 3-4 month stint so will help!

That's my dieting in a nutshell! As for me I ne'er stop! I'm at Uni, work two jobs, run a ranger and guide unit, am married, no kids and am always at work or on the go!

Nice to meet you all x

Loopyluc :)

I know. The holiday will be bliss! But at the moment, I need to do the work to support the uni! In a year and a half I will be able to have one job! I'm not stressed though, just busy which I am thankful for!

Hey all, thank you for the kick in the pants. :)

You were a great help, and i'm starting to turn my thinking around.

Good on ya, GP! You need to find a way to not be on a diet but be on an eating plan that you can maintain for the rest of your life, how great to have such a supportive hubby! No food should be forbidden, just find a way to work it into your plan so you don't feel deprived or guilty.

You lost such a massive amount in your first week then it's only natural you would lose a smaller amount this week - think of it is 8lbs in two weeks and that's fantastic! If you do that again in the next two weeks you will have lost a stone in a month - wow!

Keep working on your mindset and the weight loss will follow - great job!

WG x

Welcome Loopyluc!

You're making me tired just thinking about your life! Have you set yourself a goal for the next 5 weeks and then another for the following 3-4 months? I guess you could set a lower goal for the next 5 while you're so busy then really make a dent in it during the holiday with loads of Zumba and exercise and focussing on your eating, by the time you're back at Uni you'll be fitter and more able to cope easily with your busy life - what do you think?

WG x

I really hope so. I know it will slow so I need to really increase the exercise and make the most of each session. Down to 16st1 today. At 16st exactly that will be 20% total loss. Cannot wait for that!

Wow good for you, mb! That's one fifth of your body weight! And only a pound away! I am so inspired to get on that treadmill again tomorrow!

WG x

Welcome Loopyluc! You're making me tired just thinking about your life! Have you set yourself a goal for the next 5 weeks and then another for the following 3-4 months? I guess you could set a lower goal for the next 5 while you're so busy then really make a dent in it during the holiday with loads of Zumba and exercise and focussing on your eating, by the time you're back at Uni you'll be fitter and more able to cope easily with your busy life - what do you think? WG x

I'll be back at Uni, no holiday till may :( but I will be back home and not on my placement which will make things much easier!

Simple target for the next 5 weeks. Minimum 1lb loss a week, hoping for more but realistic and sensible. Any more wil be a bonus!

Wow good for you, mb! That's one fifth of your body weight! And only a pound away! I am so inspired to get on that treadmill again tomorrow!

WG x

Cheers WG, I had never thought about it that way. I can't believe 1/5th of me is 1lb away from being gone! Mental!

You know it makes sense to get on that treadmill again as what is 10,20 or even 30 mins of your life each day.You can find time to sit and watch tv so I'm sure you can find time to use it.:)

love this advice, little bit here little bit there. aaaaannnd on that note, I'm off for a run along the seafront!

How long do you have to do something for it to become a habit? Did 30 mins walking (which is not easy when you're carrying Usain Bolt - or his equivalent in body fat) and then a kettlebells workout, I only started last week but already I can feel things getting easier. It won't be long now before I'm enjoying it!

WG x

Back