Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

I'm feeling sorry for myself this week - I've done my back so I'm dosed up to the eyeballs on painkillers! On the plus side, though, our new house is all going through - we are hoping to exchange before Christmas and move in early January. I can't wait!

Are you going to find out the sex at your next scan? Was it planned? Ooh so many questions! I'm so pleased for you honey. xxx

Not planned per se but very welcomed and we were delighted when we found out (at 8 weeks, had NO idea)! We had a scan at 12 weeks, it was amazing. Our next scan is in mid-January and we will probably find out the sex then. I'm so excited, convinced it's a boy.

We've to find a house too! Just renting. Our lease is up in 6 weeks!

YAY about your house, I'm delighted for you, that's amazing news!

Maybe a new family house will change your views on having babies ;) haha! xxx

Aw what lovely news :) xxxx

Ooh new house and a new bubba - lovely stuff!

I definitely won't be changing my mind on babies - all of our space is already accounted for with my walk-in wardrobe, Dave's man cave and a lovely spare room ;) xx

Ooh new house and a new bubba - lovely stuff! I definitely won't be changing my mind on babies - all of our space is already accounted for with my walk-in wardrobe, Dave's man cave and a lovely spare room ;) xx[/QUOTE
Only seeing this now! Happy days. Any idea when you will be moving?

We are hoping to exchange in the next couple of weeks and move sometime in January but it might slip back into early February as the solicitors further up the chain are super slow. Fingers crossed it won't be too long though! xx

I'm BAAAAAAACK!

I hope everyone is doing good. A LOT has happened since I last posted. Most importantly I've had a baby. My little beautiful son Billy is the best thing that very happened to me. He is so amazing and it's like he has been here forever. Life couldn't be better and a lot of the things I worried about and deemed important before have gone out the window. He's 11 weeks now and things have settled down a lot in terms of visitors (cake, biscuits) and I'm actually getting sleep so I have the energy to enjoy cooking again during the day.

Ok so let's talk weight. While pregnant I gained a total of 22 pounds. I weighed myself the morning I had Billy and that was exactly what I had gained. That is really nothing and I was so happy with it. Friends of mine gained 40+ pounds. I could have easily used pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted for 9 months, but I didn't. I had plenty or treats but in general I tried to be as healthy as possible and move as much as possible.

I ended up being in hospital for 5 days due to a fairly traumatic birth and a baby who was a bit shocked from the experience. It took me a while to feel human again because I was in a lot of pain. But we won't go in to that! I basically got home and weighed myself a week later and I had lost the full 22 pounds plus another couple of pounds. I was lighter than I was before I got pregnant. Madness! I can't say I wasn't delighted because I was.

Some then I've lost another couple of pounds so I'm currently almost a stone lighter than I was when I got pregnant. Happy days!

So it's all very positive, but I've gotten in to the awful habit of eating far too much cake/biscuits when people call over to see Billy, and I don't think twice about having a treat, I just have it.

I'm breastfeeding and this means I'm a lot hungrier than before. So here I am, back ready to do what worked for me before (the time it did, originally, when I didn't just half stick to it). Slimming World. I want to be healthy, I want heart dinners, I need flexibility for when I'm out and about, and I need something that's ok to do whole breastfeeding.

I started fresh yesterday and it's all about planning and food diaries for me right now. I'm really excited to start seeing the pounds drop, and to try lots of new recipes and products.

I weighed myself on Monday and I was 14 stone 6 pounds. So that's my starting weight. I'm not sure how to change my stats while on my phone.

Were going on holidays in 4.5 weeks at the end or September. Our first family holiday. I'm setting myself the goal of losing 7 pounds between now and then. Very doable if I stick to it properly.

So enough of all that, here's my food diary for today. Two days in and I already loving the plan and remembering how great it is ?

So what's been happening? Can't wait to catch up with your diaries!

Tracey xx

Food Diary 26th August

Breakfast - 35g Porridge (HexB1) with skimmed milk (HexA1) with banana, blueberries, fat free yoghurt and 1 tap honey (1)

image-1161381098.jpg

Lunch - 3 Ryvita (HexB2) with 50g light philadelphia with chives (HexA2), roast chicken, lettuce and 1/2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1)
grapes
Natural yoghurt (2) with honey (1)

image-3627392727.jpg

Dinner -
Pork stir fry made with marinated pork (2), peppers, courgette, carrot, mushroom, garlic, chilli, noodles and a blue dragon chow mein stir fry sauce (2.5)

And that's it! Had 9.5/15 syns, and had 8 syns yesterday.

My cousin is calling over tomorrow and were having lunch. I'll be making the best choice possible! I also want to get out for a walk tomorrow for the exercise and fresh air.

Dinner tomorrow are these mince burgers from Lidl. We did the food shopping before I decided to start this so I need to find out how to syn them. Anyone know? We'll have them without buns and with lots of veg!

Nighty Night x

Back