Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

Hi Newbee89! I'm currently off work poorly and have really enjoyed reading your diary, you remind me so much of me, I had a really similar experience to you in the lead up and duration of my 3 week holiday in Florida with the OH in the summer, I ended up gaining weight in the lead up to it even though I planned to lose some, felt massive whilst there, and then gained almost a stone within the 3 weeks of being there!!!

I joined SW the day after my plane landed back on UK soil, and in 11 weeks I have lost 1stone 9.5! I also have had problems with impulsive eating in the past, and feel like I am just about getting it under control now! I'm so looking forward to keeping up with your diary, and wish you all the luck in the world!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Camz,

Thank you so much for the lovely comment and well-wishes. Wow, 1 stone 9 pounds is amazing!!!! well done you :) The most I ever lost was 1 stone 4.5 and I felt incredible. I can't wait to get back there. Isn't Slimming World just the best?

*runs over to look at Camz diary*

Impulse eating is a big thing for me, or WAS now that I've decided to change. Now I really think about everything I eat and I don't let food control me. It's a great feeling! I just cannot wait to get rid of this 12.5 pounds that I gained over the past two months. I hate that I'm back 'here'. No point crying about it though, because it won't help. Instead I am being proactive and I am more determined than ever :)

newbee89 said:
Hi Camz,

Thank you so much for the lovely comment and well-wishes. Wow, 1 stone 9 pounds is amazing!!!! well done you :) The most I ever lost was 1 stone 4.5 and I felt incredible. I can't wait to get back there. Isn't Slimming World just the best?

*runs over to look at Camz diary*

Impulse eating is a big thing for me, or WAS now that I've decided to change. Now I really think about everything I eat and I don't let food control me. It's a great feeling! I just cannot wait to get rid of this 12.5 pounds that I gained over the past two months. I hate that I'm back 'here'. No point crying about it though, because it won't help. Instead I am being proactive and I am more determined than ever :)

This is the most I've ever lost too, for years I was convinced that WW was the only way I would ever lose weight, but always after the first 3 or 4 weeks I would be sick of it, and have a blow out day that turned into a week that led to a gain, then I would yo-yo up and down for a few weeks before packing in and going back 6 months and a stone heavier.

I go to SW on a Tuesday night with my OHs mam, an that really keeps me on the straight and narrow; I'm a little bit competitive, and I think a little addicted to doing well and seeing the numbers continue to go down on the scales! Long may it continue! My biggest hurdle is going to be Xmas, I'm hoping the old mentality of "well I'm going to gain so I may as well eat everything in sight!" Is well and truly gone, and I am going to try my very best to maintain over Xmas, and maybe give myself a gain leeway of maybe 3lbs over Xmas and new year?? Xxx

I think thats a very good plan hun re christmas. I'm going to try be very good every day and jist give myself christmas eve, day and stephens day off to enjoy and forget about it. Hopefully i can limit myself to that

Oh i was the exact same with weight watchers. Slimming world is a complete breath of fresh air for me and i'm really enjoying it. So many recipes and new things to try. Right now my obsession are the muller lite greek style cocunut flavour. So tasty and feel like such a treat. I am so determined, i really am. I have no idea how it feels to not be fat and i get so excited thinking about how it will feel to be confident and be able to shop for whatever clothes i want :)

I'm the exact same as you, I cannot ever remember being happy with how I look/feel etc. we can do this!! I'm on my phone lovely, how far have you got to go until target? Xx

newbee89 said:
By the way, that Paella looks amazing! Is the 100g Choritzo ring the big one you see in Tesco? I thought it was be way higher in sysn that 9syns (I'm guessing your OH had 4.5 syns worth too?) That is quite exciting. Will definitely be making this soon. Is Paella rice hard to come by?:confused:

Not sure if this was meant for me but I'll answer anyway. I weighed it 100g and it was about a 3rd of the ring. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got the recipe from but that's also where I got the syn value from. I really should check that actually...

newbee89 said:
Haha what do you mean about the phone? I'm confused? But for the record im on mine too :) 3% battery though, boo hoo, long boring bus journey ahead!

Oh ive the whole way to go till target hun. At this point im more or less back at the begging, so 4.5 stone. We can do this :)

I can't see stats when on my phone, I've around 3.5stone to lose, let's do it together? I've 6 WIs til Xmas and given myself the target of losing 11.5lbs by then, which I know is majorly optimistic, but if I get anywhere near to it I'll be chuffed, as I would be halfway to target!

There is a 6 week Xmas target thread Hun if you want to join? Xxx

There are a lot different results coming back from the search I just did so I think it depends on where you get it from. 4.5 syns seems about right but it could also be 6... Just check the values of where you bought it from xx

The chicken and chorizo paella is in the recipes forum if that's the one you mean :) I love it x

From Ginlin:

Chicken and Chorizo Paella

Serves 2 - 4.5 syns per serving on Extra Easy

2 Chicken Breasts Diced
100g Chorizo Diced
2 Onions Diced
2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
Red and Yellow Pepper Deseeded and Chopped
200g Paella Rice
720ml Chicken Stock
Pinch of saffron
Handful of frozen peas
Salt and Black Pepper
Frylight

In a paella pan or large based frypan, saute the chicken, chorizo, onion and crushed garlic in frylight until lightly browned. Add the peppers and saffron, and fry lightly, Add the rice, and stir around until any liquid is absorbed, and the rice is coated in the juices. Add the stock, season with salt and black peper to taste, stir around well, and bring to the boil, then sprinkle a handful of peas on top. Simmer gently for about 20 minutes, until the stock has evaporated, and resist the temptation to stir, or it will end up like pudding!

newbee89 said:
Hi baby-belle. Thanks for stopping by. I love your profile picture :)

I was completely off the rails for about 2 months and I have literally just recomitted and I am determined to get to my goal by next summer. It's a lot of weight but others have done it do I believe I can too. I LOVE Slimming World! Hope you are feeling motivated :) This is a great place for motivation and recipe ideas etc, I'd be lost without it.

Thank you so much book_lover. You are too king! Yeah, Extra Easy all the way for me. You can't beat it! :)

Ooh thanks for the ideas hun. Healthy Extra A aint a problem for me because I always use it up with milk in tea throughout the day and then usually some cheese! but thanks :D The Pesto is gorgeous, I would highly reccommend it. I got two lunches and two dinners out of it so its great value too! :)

I think you're right hun, the "25g unless otherwise stated" threw me, but I am just realizing now that "1 tablespoon" is stating something else hahaha!! a tablespoon is loads though :)

Thanks hun I was v drunk in that pic :) I'm the same I've put weight on and I love slimming world I've just started a new job with all different shifts I'm finding it hard to settle and get organised but I need to. As I feel huge and uncomfortable

image-3903148486.jpg

Yesterdays lunch, pasta with fat-free pesto (1 syn for parmesan) with carrot, green beans and mushroom. Mandarin oranges x 2 and a hi fi light bar (3 syns) to have with that Golden cup of tea after lunch!

image-633625042.jpg

The prawns that cost me EIGHT euro in Tesco. Only realised when i got home and couldn't believe it!

image-4167667222.jpg

My dinner last night! Thai red curry made with muller lite greek style cocunut yoghurt instead of coconut milk
wink.gif
it was amazing!!

image-2782121914.jpg

I just thought this was hilarious. Not only did i buy a whole load of veg that my mam had already bought but i got the muller lite greek style coconut yoghurts because she loves them, but when i got home this is what i found in thw fridge! Haha. Loads of them! I can't wait to try the lemon one, my mam said it tastes like thw creamy part of a cheesecake!

Last edited:
Not sure if this was meant for me but I'll answer anyway. I weighed it 100g and it was about a 3rd of the ring. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got the recipe from but that's also where I got the syn value from. I really should check that actually...
Thanks hun, it was of course for you but I must have thought I was on your thread. Thanks for noticing. I will definitely consider using choritzo in recipes guilt-free now that I know it can be syn'd quite easily. I find a little goes a long way and it just has the most amazing flavour!

I can't see stats when on my phone, I've around 3.5stone to lose, let's do it together? I've 6 WIs til Xmas and given myself the target of losing 11.5lbs by then, which I know is majorly optimistic, but if I get anywhere near to it I'll be chuffed, as I would be halfway to target!

There is a 6 week Xmas target thread Hun if you want to join? Xxx

Oh I might just do that, thanks Camz. I'm trying no to get too specific with the weightloss because that's when i get to expectant and it can lead me astray. Just going to give it an honest go this time and the weight should definitely start coming off me :)

We can do this :)

Well guys, yesterday was a good day and I am feeling very proud of myself. The thing I am realizing more and more is that it is all about planning. If I have a plan of what I'm making for dinner I find that it keeps me on track all day because I am so looking forward to it. Yesterday when i was cooking my dinner I was starving and I saw some coleslaw in the fridge which looked so fresh and creamy. I was literally a nanosecond away from making a sandwich that would have exceeded my syns, and let be honest ruined my dinner. I was actually at the point where I was about to open the fridge and get the stuff to make the sandwich and something said to me "What are you doing?" and I just stopped. I had spent the day really looking forward to my dinner and in a split-second I was about to spoil my day of being perfectly on track. It sounds trivial but I really was proud of myself, because those moments are usually my biggest downfalls. Impulsive eating! Anyway, here is what yesterday looked like...

Breakfast - Porridge made with water with a banana and a muller lite cherry yoghurt. Cup of tea (some of HEA)
Lunch - pasta, homemade fat-free pesto (1 syn) with carrot, green beans and mushrooms. Two mandarin oranges. a hi-fi light bar (3 syns) and a cup of tea (more of HEA)
Dinner - Homemade red thai curry (1.5 syns) with mangetout, green beans, mushrooms, peppers (red and yellow) onion, spring onion and baby corn and served with boiled white rice.
Dessert - fruit salad with melon and grapes, one Harley's no-added-sugar Orange flavoured Jelly (.5 syn) anothe hi-fi light bar (3 syns)

HEA - two teas with skimmed milk/a little parmesan
HEB - Porridge
Syns - 9

I also drank about 1 litre of water but will be aiming to drink more from now on.

All in all a very good day and I was absolutely delighted that i stayed off-track. I probably didn't 'need' that second hi-fi bar but I fancied something sweet and at the end of the day it was in my syns.

So what i REALLY want to talk about it the Thai Curry I made...OMG!!! It was out of this world crazy delicious and I cannot believe it was only 1.5 syns for a portion.

I got the recipe from Vintagepockets on her lovely recipe blog which can be found here My Slimline Recipe Book: Thai Curry but I made a little change which made a big difference for my syn-wise. I had read somewhere on minimins that people has experimented using Muller Lite Greek-Style Coconut flavor yoghurt instead of Coconut milk. I was SO nervous trying this because I hadn't read anywhere an actual recipe for a thai curry using it.

I was so nervous that the yoghurt would curdle or ruin the dish because before I added it the mixture already looked gorgeous! I read a few things online that suggested moving it off the hob and adding the yoghurt gradually and that worked a treat. I added a little and tasted the dish and I knew at that point it was going to work out perfectly. In the end I used a little over half a little pot of the yoghurt which i thought added the perfect balance of coconutey-ness to the lovely spicy curry. It was absolutely sensational and contained so much superfree. I just cannot believe that it is only 1.5 syns for one portion. It felt like such a treat.

Instead of chicken i used jumbo prawns because I am obsessed with them at the moment. As you can see from pictures of the previous post I picked up a bag of Tesco Finest Jumbo Raw Prawns and I couldn't see a price so I assumed they would be about €4 or so. The shopping bill was unusually high but I had to run for the bus so by the time I checked the seat it was too late to go back. The bloomin' prawns cost EIGHT EURO!! That is absolutely ludacris. There were no more than 10 prawns in the bag. When Peter and I move in together we are kind of budgeting about €100 between us for food each week, which i think is realistic for two people, and to think one measly bag of prawns cost nearly 1/10th of that. Crazy! Needless to say I won't be making that mistake again. They were lovely though. I think those jumbo prawns are amazing. Watching how quickly they go from being raw and grey to succulent and pink is so cool and they literally take second to cook. I threw them in at the end for about 5 minutes and even at that I felt they were ever so flightly overcooked. Anyway, this recipe is a winner and I highly recommend you all try it. I am already so excited to make it again :)

Think that curry will deffo be on my menu somepoint soon! :) Glad to hear you had a great day - here's to another one!

Oh you've got me excited about that curry!! Prawns are really expensive aren't they? I wonder why, with England being an island and all lol! I bought a kilo of fresh jumbo king prawns at the fishmongers for £20!!! Well done for resisting temptation, it's a great feeling waking up the next morning knowing you stayed on track isn't it? As opposed to the sinking feeling you get in the morning knowing you wasted another day eating junk when you could have stayed on track. Well done! :bighug:

I wish I liked seafood, I couldn't even eat a fish finger!! I may have to have another go at prawns soon, think its just the thought of it now! Xx

I know Honey, it really a great feeling to resist temptation. Yes prawns are soooo expensive and they are my obsession at the moment! Some of the good butchers (the kinds in the business parks that are known for their quality and good deals) do big massive bags for cheap enough but they're usually cooked already and i much prefer to cook them myself and see the lovely colour change from grey to pink. I'm very aesthetic in those ways when it comes to food!

You should definitely make the curry. It would be great with chicken which i'll probably do next time to be more economical. Or quorn even!! Hmm. To be honest it would be fab just with the veg though! X

Back