Treat Night / Cheat Night

Saska, if your head is in the right place, and with help and support on here you will succeed, no two ways about it! :)

Head definately feels there.... Thanks hun xx

I'm not a treat night fan esp when it's linked to weigh in day.

You get treats every day with syns, why need more. It was having the more that made me over weight. obvs there are some occasions that come up when ppl want to choose to not be on plan which I personally wouldn't worry about but I do not get the whole loose a pound so eat massively off plan to celebrate.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

I'm not a treat night fan esp when it's linked to weigh in day.

You get treats every day with syns, why need more. It was having the more that made me over weight. obvs there are some occasions that come up when ppl want to choose to not be on plan which I personally wouldn't worry about but I do not get the whole loose a pound so eat massively off plan to celebrate.

Agree. We get treats anyway that's why I put a stop to my treat day. I feel much better for it and enjoy eating all my syns daily.

One woman at work who's always on a diet or 'cutting down' (she's not massively overweight don't think she even weighs 12st) asked me what I was going to treat myself to when I got to target, what was the one thing I missed but I said well treating myself with food was how I got to 20st wasn't it so whats the point in celebrating with food?! Maybe that's why she can never stick to a diet lol anyway I bought a pair of jeggings at asda this week and I've never worn skinny jeans or jeggings before and I felt I looked good in them so that's reward enough for me for all the body shaping exercise and weight loss I've done :)

Agree. We get treats anyway that's why I put a stop to my treat day. I feel much better for it and enjoy eating all my syns daily.

One woman at work who's always on a diet or 'cutting down' (she's not massively overweight don't think she even weighs 12st) asked me what I was going to treat myself to when I got to target, what was the one thing I missed but I said well treating myself with food was how I got to 20st wasn't it so whats the point in celebrating with food?! Maybe that's why she can never stick to a diet lol anyway I bought a pair of jeggings at asda this week and I've never worn skinny jeans or jeggings before and I felt I looked good in them so that's reward enough for me for all the body shaping exercise and weight loss I've done :)

See its all about the skinny jeans. Out of curiosity are your losses overall better dropping the treat night? Or is it you just didn't like the attitude of it.

I always used to treat and I still do but moderately , ie, fish and chips that night but ill have saved enough syns through the week to generally be ok - I used to weigh in the morning but would have a sw brekkie and lunch whereas some of my friends would go and eat crap all day as soon as they went home lol!!! Sometimes my treat by the way will be a Yorkshire pudding or two - it's not always a takeaway

To be honest I never treated myself after group. I just carried on as normal, synning things and sticking to plan. Even now I'm at target I still go home and eat on plan. However, I do have a few Costas and occasional cake now during the week, but thats within syns and I have to maintain. Its all about balance isnt it? Enjoy your fish and chips if you have saved up those syns, you should still have a loss and not feel deprived. :)

I used to have a treat night after WI (only if i did well). As much as i enjoyed it, i kind of felt like it didn't really feel like a 'treat' when i'm allowed chocolate/chinese/crisps and all kinds on this plan anyway.
Now i just buy myself something nice from LUSH (LUSH is the best ;)) or buy something new for my make up case. I'm trying to get out of the habit of rewarding myself with food.
As someone has said earlier in the thread, there are 7 days in a week... not 6.
Each to their own though of course :)

Last edited:
See its all about the skinny jeans. Out of curiosity are your losses overall better dropping the treat night? Or is it you just didn't like the attitude of it.

To be honest, they're about the same! Only difference is that once or twice I've had a massive 3lb/4lb loss which I wouldn't have had before but that's only happened twice I think! It was mostly the feeling that I needed to binge that I wanted rid of. Even know if I have the day off plan for a certain occasion, I can't stop myself from binging if i go off plan that's why I'm 100% all of the time. I can't just have one meal off it has to be all or nothing with me I wish this wasn't the case!

I always have a treat/cheat night after WI pretty much every week and it has never affected my weight loss. That way, I know that when it gets to Tuesday, I can have what I want and that gets me through the weekend - esp when I have to watch H2B scoff his way through anything he wants.

I think it's very judgmental of people to make others feel bad for doing this but if its not affecting WI and it works for you, I don't see the issue! If anything, it spurs me on 100% for the next 6 days!

Xx

It just annoys the hell out of me when i see people moaning and ranting that they haven't lost any weight this week despite being "on plan" and that they've had a 100% week and haven't gone over syns once. Yet have fully admitted they've had a cheat/treat night and haven't counted their syns! X

I always have a treat/cheat night after WI pretty much every week and it has never affected my weight loss. That way, I know that when it gets to Tuesday, I can have what I want and that gets me through the weekend - esp when I have to watch H2B scoff his way through anything he wants.

I think it's very judgmental of people to make others feel bad for doing this but if its not affecting WI and it works for you, I don't see the issue! If anything, it spurs me on 100% for the next 6 days!

Xx

I don't think ppl are being judgmental we/they are stating that for them it's not good. If you get away with it great. But there's alot of ppl that don't and if there reading a thread like this and are not loosing anything then it's important for ppl to say both sides.

To me if someone wants a cheat or a day off then I personally think its better to just do it and not link it to losses/success/gains etc because I personally don't understand why if Uve ate do much you've become overweight to whatever degree that ud then celebrate a good week by eating ( I mean cheat eating not eating per se)

To me I don't see the logic behind it. I don't think slimming works is restricted enough to then need a big cheat night every week but of course everyone should do what's best for them I just feel that there's slot of ppl who stop start stop can't control a cheat day never loose anything that should be cautious of adopting this attitude towards weight loss :)

I do think that treat night and cheat night are two completely different things. Treat night should be having something that is quite high syn or something you wouldn't usually have during the week but still counting the syns and deducting it from your weekly allowance. Cheat night would be doing the complete opposite and not counting them and carrying on as normal.:)

Back