Trying a fresh!

Yay!
2lb off this week.. Hit a stone!
I am thrilled!
10st 4lb.. So 4 to go (for now!)
SW with 5:2 seems to have given me a boost!

Should hit target in a couple of weeks if I keep this up :)

friday food

breakfast - wm toast (b), peanut butter (), tea
lunch - SW chips, Linda burger (4) peas
dinner - ryvita (b) cheese (a)
Snack - alpen light (3) Bombay mix, wine

Roughly ok day but a few extra syns!

Last edited:
I was meant to write this in here last night but did it in charls for some reason, what a silly moo!

Well done lou so pleased for you. I think i may have to try this 5:2 after my hols, if i do the fast days when im working im sure ill be fine as im too busy to eat normally anyway, ill see how this detox goes first anyway!

Ha, bless ya:) and thanks :)
I was a bit sceptical before, but definitely would recommend- you can be normal for 5 days a week (within reason) and only really have to concentrate on two.. Thurs to Sunday though I follow sw roughly - in essentially not on a diet.. And I have lost two weeks in a row :)

So,
I fasted yesterday.. Whilst still camping- easy actually! I think I'm getting the hang of it!
We came home late yesterday evening so as we weren't staying last night I wasn't tempted to drink..

Breakfast - warburtons thin
Lunch - cous cous and butternut squash
Dinner- lettuce, new potato and chicken breast

Gotta make a Minion cake today as my boy is 5 tomorrow!! So much to do!!

Will do second fast on Thursday so I can eat cake!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1375256332.338588.jpg
Minion x

I did!!! And he's hiding in the cupboard!!
Thank you :)

Oomph, what a day!
H had a brilliant birthday, he loved his Minion, though I teased him all day I had made him a melon birthday cake as he had caught a glimpse last night! I even brought out half a melon with a candle in as a joke! Bless him....:) my big boy is five!

On the flip side, I went to tax my car, we are skint so been putting it off, and having bought the car last year I had obviously neglected to note down when the tax was due... Er nov 12! S panicked, got an mot for 3.30... Dreading the result... Turned out to be two bulbs and a gaiter... Called the mechanic down the road, took it straight down, and I was back for a retest an hour later! Done and dusted for £30 plus the test fee! Phew..! And tax now done online :)
It did rather ske up a lot of the day, no I could have done with a lass of vino this eve but none in..

Hey ho, fast at tomorrow.. Bit thinking I haven't done so well this week - I estimated weights a bit on Monday as scales were out of battery and recon I had over 600..
Hoping for a better ay tomorrow - I have scales back on the go so we shall see :)

Hope everyone had a good day:)

Omg! Dedication!
The family are tucking into Chinese and I am in another room drinking decaf black coffee!

Wi in Morning though and I want to enjoy the catered weekend away without worrying!

Totally! Though I think f I hadn't been fasting today I might have given in..... I have been so strict and as its only a day at a time, I know I can eat tomorrow..
Will be eating what I like within reason at the weekend- off on a family army weekend - fully catered! So I knew I'd rather go without tonight and enjoy the weekend :)

How are you enjoying the detox- sounds like a change is being good for both of us :)

Fast day today after a fully catered army weekend!! Wasn't terrible, but I had some fried bread!

Really found today easier - my 7the fast :) didn't eat til lunch time and just haven't been bothered by food :)

Thinking of a decaf coffee before bed tonight..

Tuesday.... Need to record my I between days, I think I have been too relaxed!

B - museli and milk (A&B), tea
L - couscous, red onion, tomatoes, ffcottage cheese
D - new pots , cheese (a)
Snack - 2 nice biscuits, tea, apple, ham (b)

Last edited:
Ooh fast day again!

B - cup of tea with sweetener
L - cous cous, butternut squash and red onion
D - chicken breast and salad
Other - black coffee, diet coke

Just remembered I saw someone at the weekend who I've not seen since April and though its probably only half a stone I've lost since then it must have made a big difference as she mentioned it:) definitely a big confidence boost :)
I also did a little clothes shopping yesterday and took in my usual 12s and mediums - sometimes which would be too tight and found I had to go down a size.. Though the bra thing was a bit annoying as I found a nice on in TKmax and my usual size was too big.. I think I'm walking round in ones where the cup size is too big, but the 36 was also too big! I shall focus on the bra shopping another time I think!

Anyway- spurred on to carry on :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1375981542.381274.jpg

Mmmm dinner! Followed by watermelon and all for 234 cal!

142.4!!!!!!
Another 1lb off!! So pleased!
Essentially that's my club 10 and healthy BMI!
1.6 to get to 10stone and then 4 more to get to my adjusted target!!!

On another note, I really need a couple of new bras... There seems to be a lot of material going on.. And more like a pocket!
Would rather it was going off my bum but hey ho!
Thrilled!

Just got on again before my shower.... Twice...! I make that 142lb so 1.5 off!

Well done Thumbelloulou, you sound really focused, just were id love to be at the mo :rolleyes: do you mind me asking did you do the 5:2 on its own before mixing the 2 cus I did and it didnt really work 4 me so just wondering if doing the 2 together would make a difference and on your sw days do you have any syns and how many, would love some advice x

Well done Thumbelloulou, you sound really focused, just were id love to be at the mo :rolleyes: do you mind me asking did you do the 5:2 on its own before mixing the 2 cus I did and it didnt really work 4 me so just wondering if doing the 2 together would make a difference and on your sw days do you have any syns and how many, would love some advice x

Ah, thanks Maz8, I really am!
I was so stuck on SW for about three months going up and down by a few lbs and was getting quite frustrated - was great that I wasn't really going up particularly, but couldn't shift these last few!
I feel totally spurred on by feeling better about myself, other people's comments and clothes feeling looser :)
I hadn't done 5:2 before 4 weeks ago, and I have been loosely combining it with SW in that time. In all honesty I probably do 3 days SW, 2 days fast (500ish) and 2 days not really counting.. (Weekends)
On the SW days I stick to what I know - generally red or green - I went to classes 8 yrs ago so EE wasn't about, and I've not overly got on with it. I probably have 10-15 syns on the SW days, and then on the other cheeky two have what I like within reason. I was finding SW too restrictive with BBQs and socials in the good weather. I find the 5:2 has made me realise I not have to eat all the time! On any 'eat' day I snack on fruit, and black coffee. I am not a fan of sweetened drinks, but do have occasional diet cokes a couple of times a week as a distraction from food.
Today I only had fruit for breakfast and lunch, almost continuing yesterday's fast, then for dinner have had a slice of bread, a single sainsburys shish kebab thing, and some salad.. Now having a couple of glasses of wine. I really enjoy my wine at weekends so it seems to be working really well.
I don't get big losses - the most I ever lost in a week (8yrs ago!) was 4 lb but like once! Usually 0.5-2 for me.
The other thing I occasionally do on the eat days is try to stick within 1600 cals as I read that was what the 5:2 advised. I don't count every time, but its worth bearing in mind and helps to keep me on track.
What are you following at the moment? X

Thanks so much for reply Thumbelloulou you inspired me to give it a go, going to start 2moz and hopefully it might work for me fingers crossed and thx again x

Back